Author Topic: WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)  (Read 72455 times)

kubackje

Re: WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)
« Reply #390 on: August 16, 2024, 01:37:01 AM »
That is a harsh statement.  Do you own a EDS TX kit?   Even with the small issues I have had to date, I am enjoying the heck out of the EDS TX.   (Since I purchased mine on sale before the prices started going up,  for the price I paid, it blows away di2 and SRAM.)

Above being written,  Wheeltop is now advertising a retail price that is about $200 over what its true value is compared to SCRAM and Scumano equivalent groups.   They need to get their service together and stop forcing consumers who purchase THEIR product from an "unauthorized reseller"  and solve their problems with their quirky APP and other random electro/mechanical problems that are popping up.

LMAO the butthurt was felt here. Why so salty ?

RDY

« Reply #391 on: August 16, 2024, 06:00:43 AM »
I'd guess there will be a full V2 by the end of the year or early next year.  Before Magene launch.  WheelTop / Sensah / LTWOO have until then to get their houses in order.

Tijoe

« Reply #392 on: August 16, 2024, 08:23:42 AM »
LMAO the butthurt was felt here. Why so salty ?

Salty helps one stay hydrated on long rides while using the Wheeltop EDS TX.

I'm not bitter! only irritated because "Wheeltop service" has been worthless for the problems I have experienced with their systems.  First problem was on one of my EDS OX derailleurs where there was mechanical/physical rubbing of one of the pivot plates to the lower boss. - high speed ground the interfering part with a jewelry  speed bit and a file.   Then there is my mystery sticking of my EDS TX hydraulic brake levers where I temporarily cannot stop until the levers  pop free after being pulled on. 

erallen30

« Reply #393 on: August 16, 2024, 09:22:50 PM »
Anyone know if this groupset supports satellite shifters?

jonathanf2

« Reply #394 on: August 17, 2024, 12:23:57 AM »
Anyone know if this groupset supports satellite shifters?

105 Di2 doesn't have satellite shifters? Utter trash. Sounds like you should do an objective analysis on a better groupset!

erallen30

« Reply #395 on: August 17, 2024, 02:06:28 AM »
105 Di2 doesn't have satellite shifters? Utter trash. Sounds like you should do an objective analysis on a better groupset!

You can get Shimano Ultegra for less than $1500 now.

Sakizashi

« Reply #396 on: August 17, 2024, 12:44:43 PM »
The cheapest way to get satellite shifters is to go with SRAM if you are in the US.

House of Cogs on Ebay has Rival AXS  Levers @ $300 per set
Bike Closet has D1 Force @ $320 per set

You can also pick up from Mikes Bikes:
Rival AXS RD $120
Rival AXS FD $90
Batteries: $47
Charger: $39

I think this should put you somewhere around $633-$660 + Tax for the shifting components.

With Force D1, you can use the Aliexpress sprint shifters, or with Rival, you can use the wireless blips. Its a bit more expensive than alloy EDS and on par with carbon EDS. With coupons, you are looking at spending an extra $100-$150. While you will need a new RD down the line the shifters are 13 spd compatible. This is probably worth it to many people over both Wheeltop and Ltwoo right now, given you can walk into a bike shop, and nearly any of them will help you warranty an SRAM part.

YMMV, but I broke an RD in a crash. I said I broke it in a crash. I have insurance that would have covered it, but SRAM insisted on a warranty exchange.

You do not need to use SRAM cassettes or chains if you don't want to, but I would as the Force / Red flat top chains are extremely economical at current prices (~$40), and they last a very long time with SRAM cassettes. You can just avoid the Rival chains.

PLA

« Reply #397 on: August 17, 2024, 12:55:59 PM »

well .. you can connect sw-r9150 satellite shifters direct to the 12 speed battery while using an entire 105 di2 group if you really really really want...

like this: bt-dn300 -> ew-sd300 -> ew-ad305 -> sw-r9150

only costs a billion dollars, totally worth it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2024, 01:00:21 PM by PLA »
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

TRS

« Reply #398 on: August 22, 2024, 12:54:16 PM »
does anybody know what washer is used for bleed port bolt? I've lost mine

James dean

« Reply #399 on: August 22, 2024, 01:22:53 PM »

Hi we are a wheeltop retailer in canada. Im sure my business partner can answer this question if no one else chimes in.

paul@ciclowerks.com

Linsook

« Reply #400 on: August 22, 2024, 09:19:21 PM »
Hi we are a wheeltop retailer in canada. Im sure my business partner can answer this question if no one else chimes in.

paul@ciclowerks.com

Where is your wheeltop listing for sale?

rasch

« Reply #401 on: August 23, 2024, 02:41:33 AM »

You mean the shift lever one, right? Should be an m5 or m7 like ultegra or shimano 105. Don't bother much on details. Measure the screw and get a 1/1,5mm rubber washer

wolfi

« Reply #402 on: August 26, 2024, 07:34:46 AM »
Hi,

Anyone here, who runs a wheeltop MTB derailleur (long cage) with a a Shimano XT 11spd 11-46 cassette, single crank? I installed mine yesterday (used cassette, new XT 11s chain) following the official setup video. The sprockets 11-37 are working fine but it does not shift from 37 to 46. Tried to increase the fine tuning value step by step but it didn't work. When I go over a certain value, the derailleur moves but immediately moves back, seem to be some kind of safety measure.

Anyone here who has experience or can provide the fine tuning values for this cassette?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2024, 07:36:33 AM by wolfi »

abedfo

« Reply #403 on: August 29, 2024, 09:28:18 AM »
I dont know if its been mentioned previously but there is an aluminium version (TX-RA7100-GS Alumium) on aliexpress now for £470.

Hopefully come next summer it will be around the £300 mark and on V2. Thats when I would take the plunge.

raisinberry777

« Reply #404 on: August 29, 2024, 03:58:45 PM »
7100 has been around for a while - the main one we're still waiting on from Wheeltop is 6100 (aluminium rim brake), which should be due pretty soon but I haven't read any updates for a while.