Author Topic: Any Opinions, Experiences of Carbonal(ity)?  (Read 7295 times)

davidd

Any Opinions, Experiences of Carbonal(ity)?
« on: December 31, 2014, 02:28:31 PM »
Hi All,
As per the title.  I am thinking of buying a frame and some bits from them.

Thanks

Andy

Re: Any Opinions, Experiences of Carbonal(ity)?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 05:14:11 PM »
No don't do it.  I repeat do not buy from Carbonality.  I had a friend buy their full suspension frame that I tried to help him build up.  First issue the frame kept jamming down and getting stuck when it was compressed.  Contacted them and their customer service was horrible.  Wouldn't reply to emails.  Wouldn't take responsibility, etc.  gave us the run around forever.  Finally  after months of arguing with them and endless emails they sent different linkages that kept the jamming from occurring.  But
It severely limited the travel.  They refused to issue a refund or exchange.  Finally the seat tube snapped on a g out.  They said they'd sell him a new one at half price....ridiculous.  It was a HORRIBLE experience. 

Buy from Peter at Xmiplay...he's a straight shooter and will do you right.
Andy
Ip036
LTK023

davidd

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 02:24:24 AM »
Thanks for that.  Sorry you had such a bad time with them.  There is not a lot of feedback (that I can find) out there about them, either negative or positive.
If anyone else has any experiences with them them I'd appreciate hearing about them.

I was looking at the Venture 650B hardtail, 12x142, hookless rims and seatpost and bars.

David

davidd

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 02:31:28 AM »
I was just having a look at Xmiplays "about us" page.

"Xiamen Iplay Sports Goods Co, Ltd, established in 2012, is a company focusing on the import and export of high-quality sports goods, with a group of young dynamic working staff and experienced manufacturers.
Our aim is to provide an outstanding door-to-door package service to our customers. We mainly deal in professional carbon fiber bicycle parts, whose design team has also been responsible for the design, production and sales of the famous brands SPECIALIZED and CARBONAL for two decades, as well as deal in sports supplementary equipment, such as sports shoes, sportswear, T-shirts and the like."

It looks like they are a recently established dealer, not manufacturing themselves but possibly buying from Carbonal (who appear to be a manufacturer)?

Andy

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 09:06:39 AM »
Hi David,

I'm not really sure how or if Xmiplay and Carbonality are connected.  I just know I have bought 3 different frames(1 of them custom painted)from Peter and have been thrilled with the quality and service.  It has been the exact opposite experience with Carbonality....a complete nightmare.
Good luck!
Andy
IP036
LTK023

JohnnyNT

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 06:40:05 AM »
Was also considering Venture SL 650b, there is a guy on lightbike.it forum who seems to be happy with it. There have been a lot of people with 29er alternative (Gaea), very happy with it. So I believe that while FS frames from them are problematic, hardtails should work quite well.

Big Air Boy

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 10:03:41 AM »
I've order several sets of their fat wheels in the last 4 months and have been very impressed with their work.

The Carbonal fat frame was of equal quality as a Iplay frame or Dengfu.

Thanks - Mike

MTB2223

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 10:12:32 AM »
I've order several sets of their fat wheels in the last 4 months and have been very impressed with their work.

The Carbonal fat frame was of equal quality as a Iplay frame or Dengfu.

Thanks - Mike
Do you own a bike store ?
How do you know it's the same quality as a Iplay or Dengfu frame. Did you compare them physically ?

Are you related to Carbonal ? If so, you're more than welcome, but don't be undercover. Sorry for being suspicious :) (it's your first post, out of the blue)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:14:41 AM by MTB2223 »

markshearing

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 08:14:24 PM »
My experience with Carbonality has been very good. Communication was excellent, the shipping time was awful but that was no fault of Carbonality. The frame was beautiful, here's hoping that it will not be a pain to put it together.

I would certainly buy from them again.