Author Topic: LTWOO eGR  (Read 28189 times)

rockerplates.de

Re: LTWOO eGR
« Reply #210 on: October 04, 2024, 02:35:15 AM »
Yeah, that kind of lockout depends on circuitry in the pack. In this case, they are providing the pack that you use (the tube with circuit board) and you add the simple 'dumb' battery inside. They don't have direct access to information about the battery itself (they could infer it perhaps)
Well, we have adressed that problem to ltwoo....they leave it to the customer to buy the batteries and they are not able to control the quality of the battery at the end..

Selling a product with batteries opens a huge can of worms..it is hard to ship parcels with batteries inside, well it is not hard, but its more expensive...you would also have to certify this battery pack...
The pcb they are using does not have any (working) protection, we have had a burned tray without any explanable reason...
it is very easy to program a warning if the battery is low quality and or begins to die...when the load is applied and the voltage drops below a certain level, you could trigger a warning...
But they are chinese...so a product quality of 90 % is good enough for them....

highwind

Re: LTWOO eGR
« Reply #211 on: October 04, 2024, 06:38:15 AM »
@gloscherrybomb & @trcycling

Thanks for you answers.
I am currently not in need of a new groupset, just checking options as my next upgrade will prolly be electronic with SRAMs eTap-shiftlogic.

Hopefully Sensah will be offering something the like with their new electronic groupset which I heard is in the making... they have been more-SRAM-than-Shimano-like in the past anyways.  ;)
If they just "copy" the APEX/Rival AXS but with hydraulic oil brakes (instead of DOT) and a derailleur battery pack which uses some standard batteries (like 18650) instead of the proprietary stuff, I think that would be an absolute winner of a groupset.