Author Topic: LTWOO eGR  (Read 28186 times)

gloscherrybomb

Re: LTWOO eGR
« Reply #195 on: September 27, 2024, 08:30:22 AM »
Are you in the UK? If so I have a spare LTWOO RD, as I had a water ingress issue and it stopped working, so I got a replacement. Of course, now it's fully working again (dried out).

pavlo.k

« Reply #196 on: September 28, 2024, 05:51:45 AM »
Will install eGR on my gravel bike soon. How do you guys waterproof your derailleurs? Ive seen some people mention liquid  electrical tape but where do I apply it? Around the cable port after the cable is plugged in?

amacal1

« Reply #197 on: September 28, 2024, 07:49:53 PM »
Will install eGR on my gravel bike soon. How do you guys waterproof your derailleurs? Ive seen some people mention liquid  electrical tape but where do I apply it? Around the cable port after the cable is plugged in?

I haven't had to do that. Granted, I've only used mine in light rain a few times and heavy rain once, but every time it's been for hours at a time and no issues yet. I applied some dielectric grease inside the plug, but I doubt that does much except keep water from interfering directly with the plug.

Phaxe

« Reply #198 on: September 28, 2024, 08:39:57 PM »

That's what I did as a preventative measure. Get everything 100% properly installed first (make sure your batteries work, there's no draining etc), then I applied it where the cable enters the derailleur.

pavlo.k

« Reply #199 on: October 01, 2024, 04:14:26 AM »
Just received my eGR and can't turn it on. I installed fully charged 14500 batteries into the battery holder and connected the cable but there's no reaction from the rear derailleur. The light does not flash, no reaction when I press the button, not discovered by the app. Already wrote about it to the seller but is there anything I can try myself while waiting for the response?

pavlo.k

« Reply #200 on: October 01, 2024, 03:38:27 PM »
ok. figured it out. Turns out you need to connect the charger first, otherwise the battery is not going to work even if it's fully charged

Rapac

« Reply #201 on: October 02, 2024, 06:34:25 AM »
Is it possible to put bigger capacity 14500 inside ? I saw someone mentioning Vapcell F12 in the thread, wich are 1250mAh instead of the 800mAh original.
Is it blocked by the system ?

Thanks

amacal1

« Reply #202 on: October 02, 2024, 11:57:09 PM »
Is it possible to put bigger capacity 14500 inside ? I saw someone mentioning Vapcell F12 in the thread, wich are 1250mAh instead of the 800mAh original.
Is it blocked by the system ?
Thanks

The battery capacity is the battery capacity. If it's greater than 800mAh, then it will last longer. There is nothing I know of that tracks the battery usage and shuts it off after a certain usage threshold has been exceeded.

You should be mindful, though, that the 'stated' capacity of some cells may be... exaggerated.

Serge_K

« Reply #203 on: October 03, 2024, 12:16:55 AM »
ok. figured it out. Turns out you need to connect the charger first, otherwise the battery is not going to work even if it's fully charged

Indeed. That's in every YouTube video about the installation, and in the paper manual, and the PDF manual, from memory at least.

On batteries, I originally bought trash batteries (bought what I could find) then bought expensive 2A batteries, they've been much more dependable. Given the failure rate on these groups, I would recommend everyone to use quality batteries (no idea if it prevents failures, but that's a sound insurance policy). 1A vs 2A probably makes no difference, and for sure it makes no sense to put even higher discharge batteries, so aim instead for batteries with a higher capacity as it will extend battery life. The batteries I had installed at first sometimes made the RD shift several gears with one click. Problem completely disappeared with the new batteries, and they last much longer. I capacity tested all of them, the cheap ones tested at 300-400 and the new ones tested at the stated capacity (800 or 900 from memory).
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

highwind

« Reply #204 on: October 03, 2024, 04:55:24 AM »
Perhaps anybody actually owning this groupset can answer the following question:

At the end of the Trace Velo review of the prototype eGR, Luke mentions, that the default shifting configuration is on the two shifting levers on the right hand side (one for up, one for down - classic shimano-style) but it also can be changed within the app to be on the left hand side aswell.
Is it also possibly to configure it as SRAM-eTap-style shifting, so lever on the right hand side does upshifting, lever on the left hand side does downshifting (or the other way round)?

Rapac

« Reply #205 on: October 03, 2024, 06:36:03 AM »
Thanks for the answers. That what I thought like for every normal electronic system. But sometimes, brands blocks the use of other capacity batteries (phones for exemple). Good to know, I'll go for a big capacity Vapcell then.

Bought my groupset by designer 80, they sent photos of packing before shipping. Nice thing to do.

gloscherrybomb

« Reply #206 on: October 03, 2024, 11:16:44 AM »
Perhaps anybody actually owning this groupset can answer the following question:

At the end of the Trace Velo review of the prototype eGR, Luke mentions, that the default shifting configuration is on the two shifting levers on the right hand side (one for up, one for down - classic shimano-style) but it also can be changed within the app to be on the left hand side aswell.
Is it also possibly to configure it as SRAM-eTap-style shifting, so lever on the right hand side does upshifting, lever on the left hand side does downshifting (or the other way round)?

No. Has been requested many times. Reach out to Ltwoo and add your name to the list

trcycling

« Reply #207 on: October 04, 2024, 12:41:14 AM »
The battery capacity is the battery capacity. If it's greater than 800mAh, then it will last longer. There is nothing I know of that tracks the battery usage and shuts it off after a certain usage threshold has been exceeded.

You should be mindful, though, that the 'stated' capacity of some cells may be... exaggerated.

Worth noting that I believe the variability in batteries is what makes the 'gauge' in the app rather inconsistent. I assume it is calibrated for whatever LTWOO ships. Other batteries will have different performance curves (even better ones are not necessarily better for this purpose) and thus show a different % in the app.  A bit maddening the inconsistency of burndown I've seen. But if you charge regularly before you run out (still weeks), it shouldn't cause actual issue

(see separate post coming)

trcycling

« Reply #208 on: October 04, 2024, 12:45:48 AM »

Very sadly, no. You can swap sides as you note. But as yet, it cannot be reconfigured. I've exchanged emails with LTWOO on this twice now and the first time they suggested that configuration options are in the queue. But it's been a half year with no updates so...

The second time (when I made specific suggestions of how it would be nice to reconfigure), I got a response that 'SRAM style' might run into patent issues.  I replied that they could just let us pick what each button does. Then they aren't shipping with a conflicting pattern.  ;). No response to that suggestion

So at the moment, the other switches are just backups or potentially future-proofing for a 2x configuration. 

If you'd like to suggest something, send a note to sales@lwtoo.com. They are reasonably responsive in my experience. (don't tell them I sent you)

trcycling

« Reply #209 on: October 04, 2024, 12:47:32 AM »
Thanks for the answers. That what I thought like for every normal electronic system. But sometimes, brands blocks the use of other capacity batteries (phones for exemple). Good to know, I'll go for a big capacity Vapcell then.

Bought my groupset by designer 80, they sent photos of packing before shipping. Nice thing to do.

Yeah, that kind of lockout depends on circuitry in the pack. In this case, they are providing the pack that you use (the tube with circuit board) and you add the simple 'dumb' battery inside. They don't have direct access to information about the battery itself (they could infer it perhaps)