Author Topic: Lexon Gravel Frame  (Read 1402 times)

avocadobike

Lexon Gravel Frame
« on: February 02, 2024, 02:23:50 AM »
I’ve seen a few posts in the past asking about Lexon frames, I’ve been riding one for over a year now.

Overall the quality has been good, no issues with frame. If i was picky id say the frame has a bit of flex at the BB area.

I built it up with Ltwoo road and have had no issues, i had a minor issue with the shifting (had an Ali cassette) my mechanic changed it to a sram and the thing now shifts flawless.

Super happy with it.

RDY

Re: Lexon Gravel Frame
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2024, 05:05:58 AM »
Copy of the Merida?

hahel

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2024, 07:50:02 AM »
Another branding/seller? of:
https://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3739.0.html

As for the question of inspired by, take a look at wilier triestina jena :-)
https://www.wilier.com/en/bikes/gravel/jena?color=j18-patterned-bronze

Cnasta

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2024, 08:12:34 AM »
I’ve seen a few posts in the past asking about Lexon frames, I’ve been riding one for over a year now.

Overall the quality has been good, no issues with frame. If i was picky id say the frame has a bit of flex at the BB area.

I built it up with Ltwoo road and have had no issues, i had a minor issue with the shifting (had an Ali cassette) my mechanic changed it to a sram and the thing now shifts flawless.

Super happy with it.

The frame look really nice without the toptube-bag/bento. But the 'dent' in the frame isnt particulary good look when adding a bag/bento I think. Still an option for me. What did you pay?

jonathanf2

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2024, 09:38:30 AM »
Quick question, what cassette size are you running? Do you think the LTwoo RX can handle an 11-36t cassette? I have a spare frame laying around that I plan to build up, I'm thinking of using LTwoo RX for a 2x gravel setup. Thanks!

mirphak

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2024, 02:09:00 PM »
It probably can take it, (I run it with a 34t without issues), but the problem is not that, the problem is that it has a pretty weak spring. For road it more or less works, but chain hitting the stay and flying around will definitely be an issue  with such a weak spring.

jcr

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2024, 08:03:43 PM »

avocadobike

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2024, 05:13:11 PM »
The frame look really nice without the toptube-bag/bento. But the 'dent' in the frame isnt particulary good look when adding a bag/bento I think. Still an option for me. What did you pay?

yeh i agree, problably will take it off. i paid $1100 AUD delivered

avocadobike

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2024, 05:17:20 PM »
It probably can take it, (I run it with a 34t without issues), but the problem is not that, the problem is that it has a pretty weak spring. For road it more or less works, but chain hitting the stay and flying around will definitely be an issue  with such a weak spring.

i agree with this. should be fine the spring isnt great