Author Topic: New frame: Longteng RD301-D  (Read 2307 times)

Sakizashi

Re: New frame: Longteng RD301-D
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2024, 07:44:15 PM »
Yeah it seems more in the spirit of the 3T, Open and similar all road bikes than a pure road bike.  Might be cool especially with 2 wheelsets but honestly maybe not my cuppa tea.

I think of this bike as more like the Enve Melee than anything. Its not really an allroad endurance bike that also does gravel like the Domane (i think the carbonda CFR505SL is the closest open mold to that bike). Its a little relaxed to be a fast road bike IMO but then again Total Energies is racing the Melee so the geometry can be made to work.

The inclusion of the TT mounts but exclusion of the DT storage is interesting in photos vs. the drawings, but I havent contact them about a frame yet.

Ahodesu05

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2024, 08:38:41 PM »
I think of this bike as more like the Enve Melee than anything. Its not really an allroad endurance bike that also does gravel like the Domane (i think the carbonda CFR505SL is the closest open mold to that bike). Its a little relaxed to be a fast road bike IMO but then again Total Energies is racing the Melee so the geometry can be made to work.

The inclusion of the TT mounts but exclusion of the DT storage is interesting in photos vs. the drawings, but I havent contact them about a frame yet.

Great call on the Enve Melee
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 11:49:25 PM by Ahodesu05 »

RDY

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2024, 06:00:21 AM »
Sorry, I posted a video of the 268 frame instead of the 301.  The 268 has that ridge on the fork but the 301 does not.  I've deleted the video and uploaded photos of the actual 301 frame that I got from Longteng (no ridge): https://imgur.com/a/XvH327j.

That thing's going to have epic toe overlap in the larger sizes ... geo aside, just look at the photo (in a smaller size to boot).  Kill it with fire IMO.

Sakizashi

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2024, 11:34:01 AM »
That thing's going to have epic toe overlap in the larger sizes ... geo aside, just look at the photo (in a smaller size to boot).  Kill it with fire IMO.

The two largest sizes are like 7mm less FC than the Melee and 3-4mm longer than the Trek Emonda for equivalent sizes.

I don't know what's going on visually but the geometry chart seems to indicate that it should be fine.

Casio20

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2024, 02:10:54 PM »
It's a very interesting frameset, did anyone buy already?
What's pro or against? Is there an alternative?
Thanks

Serge_K

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2024, 08:33:41 AM »
I'm very happy with my 268, so i'm looking at this 301, given how similar it looks.
I also compared it to the VB GF 002 (I have one) and to a supersix road and a supersix gravel.

Take-aways:
301 geo v similar to 268, 301 tad more aggressive in stack & reach, but wheelbase is a tad longer. Together, a tie?
301 definitely NOT a gravel bike.
301 very similar to a supersix, except the supersix has a much longer wheelbase (both supersix are gravel territory when it comes to wheelbase, which i find surprising).

I'm wondering how the 301 would fare with 32C front, 34C rear, as a bomb proof bike for the mountains (not freaking out about potholes, post winter dirty roads, old chunkier asphalt, and the occasional dirt segment is appealing to me, even if i don't like the idea of the extra weight from bigger rims & tyres, and higher drag from a big ass fork. There are forest roads i avoid because of road surface, cracks, dirt sections, slope, on my 25mm supersix rim brake w carbon rims. The 301 would steamroll over all of that.

Casio20

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2024, 10:07:09 AM »
Hi, did anyone order already?