Author Topic: Ltwoo ERX warranty claim  (Read 1051 times)

avocadobike

Ltwoo ERX warranty claim
« on: March 25, 2024, 12:40:16 AM »
hi team,

ive tried to contact Ltwoo for a warranty claim with no luck, anybody have any experience with this?

essentially i rode my bike on a hot day and  now its not working, i have a red light in the rear deraliour. i have replaced batteries and battery housing stick with no luck so my only other choice would be to replace the rear.

i rode the bike with no issues during a 39 degree celcious day then stored it and it has completely died..... it can charge and pick up a Bluetooth signal but nothing else.

Serge_K

Re: Ltwoo ERX warranty claim
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 04:17:47 AM »
Someone posted this on the forum before. Have you been through it?
The battery died on me the other day and i had to reset the RD by pressing the button for a few seconds, for example.
I really doubt your group is broken.
From my experience, and unless you're a very experienced home mechanic, one should not underestimate their own incompetence. There were many instances where i thought something was a piece of shit when it turns out i was just being incompetent. It's been humbling. Now i generally assume that there's something i missed, then i look for it and usually find it. Sometimes there are bad designs, but even then, i often find a workaround. It's a mindset though. A friend of mine is a Luddite and if it's not specialized and shimano, for him, it's garbage. Also, he's a jealous idiot.

avocadobike

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2024, 12:50:48 AM »
thanks for the reply, yeh ive grone through that. ive replaced batteries, battery box, charging cord and tried reset with no luck.
ive also tried connecting throught the app and changing gears then but no luck either.
the reset did not work either.

Serge_K

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2024, 03:02:26 AM »
thanks for the reply, yeh ive grone through that. ive replaced batteries, battery box, charging cord and tried reset with no luck.
ive also tried connecting throught the app and changing gears then but no luck either.
the reset did not work either.

Hmmm... Sorry to hear. Keep us posted, afaik, you'd the 1st one of the forum to have the group spontaneously die like that. Maybe contact Trace Velo & Joe @Panda podium. They should have good insight, either on who to contact at LTWOO, or on how to troubleshoot. I have a contact on wechat of a guy who - i was told - works at LTWOO. I've found him largely unhelpful, but if you have wechat, i think i can share his contact if you want (my wechat experience is limited). Feel free to DM me.

avocadobike

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2024, 11:01:33 PM »
Thanks for the help. I managed to get them through Ali express chat although they take a day to reply so it’s been a long process.
They have sent me today a replacement RD so I’ll let you know how I go.
I’m thinking I have left it in the heat and something inside has melted. Shifters and FD seem operational so wish me luck with this RD replacement

00Garza

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2024, 11:33:28 AM »
hi team,

ive tried to contact Ltwoo for a warranty claim with no luck, anybody have any experience with this?

essentially i rode my bike on a hot day and  now its not working, i have a red light in the rear deraliour. i have replaced batteries and battery housing stick with no luck so my only other choice would be to replace the rear.

i rode the bike with no issues during a 39 degree celcious day then stored it and it has completely died..... it can charge and pick up a Bluetooth signal but nothing else.

This is concerning for me considering a future purchase. My summers are ridiculously hot and humid. If it can't handle heat, then I'll have to pass on it. Please keep us updated.

avocadobike

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2024, 06:30:56 AM »
update *** after reaching Ltwoo via ali they have sent me a replacement RD, i have connected and re paired with no issues. will ride this friday and hopefully all problems solved.

avocadobike

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2024, 06:32:58 AM »
This is concerning for me considering a future purchase. My summers are ridiculously hot and humid. If it can't handle heat, then I'll have to pass on it. Please keep us updated.

the only thing i could think of is it got killed because i left it  directly in the sun, the metal part of that RD wouldve got some serious heat. it was 38 degrees celcious here that day.

00Garza

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2024, 01:09:10 PM »
the only thing i could think of is it got killed because i left it  directly in the sun, the metal part of that RD wouldve got some serious heat. it was 38 degrees celcious here that day.

My summers top out in mid 40's celsius, though I don't usually ride in that heat!

Serge_K

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2024, 02:13:27 PM »
If components melt in the sun then it's not usable. My friend had his er9 RD die at the start of a ride, for no reason. Mine died on Saturday during a descent with bad asphalt resulting in lots of vibrations. These are normal use cases. In fact vibration testing is supposed to be part of endurance tests for stuff, and pretty sure 5min of vibrations aren't supposed to break a derailleur.
I'm now battling to get feedback from ltwoo via the guy who sold me the groups, and he's turning to be a clown so far. Extremely pissed off I am.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2024, 05:44:12 PM »
If components melt in the sun then it's not usable. My friend had his er9 RD die at the start of a ride, for no reason. Mine died on Saturday during a descent with bad asphalt resulting in lots of vibrations. These are normal use cases. In fact vibration testing is supposed to be part of endurance tests for stuff, and pretty sure 5min of vibrations aren't supposed to break a derailleur.
I'm now battling to get feedback from ltwoo via the guy who sold me the groups, and he's turning to be a clown so far. Extremely pissed off I am.

Even very weak electronic components do not melt at 40°C.
But... something didn't like the temperature, that's obvious. So in the end it's just dead and that's the important fact..
I'd think even by opening the rear derailleur and having a look inside will probably not show an obvious failure. 40 is just not enough. Every mobile phone gets hotter internally.
So it's a bit mysterious.

avocadobike

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2024, 09:17:36 PM »
i'll open up and see if i can find anything

hmarin

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2024, 03:01:17 AM »

40C and ride a bicycle with effort ?

I did ride in Florida summer but less then 30C and humidity close to 100%, flat most of the time.