Author Topic: Tavelo Aero Frame  (Read 30829 times)

repoman

Re: Tavelo Aero Frame
« Reply #225 on: August 19, 2024, 09:32:10 PM »
Does Speeder sell any of its frames to the general public? And if so, what price range are we looking at?

My original plan was to get the Arow and literally use ever single component off my Tavelo Attack for the build. At this point I could just do the same with the SC-R55D.

I was quoted $832 for the frame, bars, post, headset and shipping to USA, lead time 2-3 months when I emailed them about 2 months ago.

Sakizashi

« Reply #226 on: August 19, 2024, 10:03:11 PM »
Aw are you that sensitive that you felt the need to give a voice to your sensitive tears?

He deserves to get called out, he voided a warranty out of being arrogant and uneducated. At the same time, the customer is just as stupid for taking his frame to get prepared by a mechanic who isn't working on behalf of specialized.

The funniest part is that the arrogant mechanic ends up building up the lightest frame with brick components and it ends up weighing up the same as the titanic. And the customer is happy with that? Well, they're both fools.

There were some thoughts, too, that some of the problems PT had with the new Red E1 provided by Mapdec were a result of improperly bled brakes, DOT fluid under the hoods, etc., because a lot of the complaints are consistent with what happens when you have a reservoir leak or don't use alcohol to clean up your DOT after a spill. That said, I doubt facing the BB would void the warranty. In the US, Specialized would have to prove that the facing led to the specific failure in question for the warranty not to apply. Specialized would likely not fight a customer over that for the cost of a warranty frame.

Sakizashi

« Reply #227 on: August 19, 2024, 10:34:28 PM »
Does Speeder sell any of its frames to the general public? And if so, what price range are we looking at?

My original plan was to get the Arow and literally use ever single component off my Tavelo Attack for the build. At this point I could just do the same with the SC-R55D.

I think someone else has answered whether Speeder sells to individuals better than I could since they included pricing.

Some updates like UDH are nice, but the frame is also a different geo in your size L /56. It would be an interesting comparison. If you wanted to fit with a narrower bar, depending on the bar + stem choice, you might even want to go up a size and slam it. I am happy to help you walk through some of the things to think about if you want to go in that direction.

It seems likely to have the same BB issues, but the price would make working through that more palatable.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2024, 10:37:36 PM by Sakizashi »

PLA

« Reply #228 on: August 19, 2024, 10:42:48 PM »
There were some thoughts, too, that some of the problems PT had with the new Red E1 provided by Mapdec were a result of improperly bled brakes, DOT fluid under the hoods, etc., because a lot of the complaints are consistent with what happens when you have a reservoir leak or don't use alcohol to clean up your DOT after a spill. That said, I doubt facing the BB would void the warranty. In the US, Specialized would have to prove that the facing led to the specific failure in question for the warranty not to apply. Specialized would likely not fight a customer over that for the cost of a warranty frame.

A lot of assumptions about specialized warranty there. Not sure I agree, but I get what you're saying.

The way I see it:
Got it built by a non-specialized certified/approved mechanic.
The mechanic purposely went against the manual instructions which explicitly state the works done will void warranty instead of sending it back to specialized for remedy.

I think specialized are well within their rights to point the finger at the mechanic if anything goes wrong.

And then it comes down to whether mechanic wants to fight specialized in court or not. I know I wouldn't be super keen on fighting specialized in a circumstance like that.

Then it comes down to whether the customer wants to fight the mechanic in court or not.

And the whole time the customer is without a bike in that process.

And all of that just makes me think... Read the manual and follow the instructions like a normal person. If there is an issue with a frame at sworks level, get the manufacturer to remedy it so you're covered.

But in this case there is a fool trusting a fool.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2024, 10:59:59 PM by PLA »
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

JonathanSiradj

« Reply #229 on: September 10, 2024, 06:39:49 AM »
I just ordered a Tavelo Arow and will have my LBS build it up. Hoping for the best.

Sander2177

« Reply #230 on: September 10, 2024, 09:14:48 AM »
I like the look of the arow and its getting a reaming on YouTube.
Seem like a hefty price for basically an unknow Brand, plus resale is like to be less than half the  value
Should be in the $1200 bracket no more.
I have an SL8 and my other bike is a Winspace SLC2.0 this I want to change as I may race again next year and I need something I can race and afford to crash  ;D

kubackje

« Reply #231 on: September 10, 2024, 10:02:00 AM »
I like the look of the arow and its getting a reaming on YouTube.
Seem like a hefty price for basically an unknow Brand, plus resale is like to be less than half the  value
Should be in the $1200 bracket no more.
I have an SL8 and my other bike is a Winspace SLC2.0 this I want to change as I may race again next year and I need something I can race and afford to crash  ;D

Don't think u can even get 50% resale value. Someone here or one weight weenies said he could barely get 25% on his seka exceed

patliean1

« Reply #232 on: September 10, 2024, 10:30:56 AM »
$1700-$1900 USD is the new standard for premium Chinese bikes. Winspace, Tavelo, Bross, QuickPro, SEKA. Even Yoeleo increased their prices last summer to around $1600, but then later wised up and dropped retail down to $1420 USD. Smart move...

If you take the plunge into premium Chinese frames, be prepared to keep it forever or donate it to a junior. There is no resale value.

Serge_K

« Reply #233 on: September 10, 2024, 12:19:46 PM »
I think branded / pays kickbacks to influencers is more accurate than premium. I'm yet to understand how a yeoleo is a better frame than a long teng / light carbon / Yishun, for eg. We know for a fact that Tavelo currently has the worst manufacturing tolerances of the industry with nobody getting a BB to spec. Seka is its own can of worms.
Charging a lot for something doesn't make it premium, at least in my eyes. Just makes it expensive / overpriced.
And there is a resale value, it's just that it's low, and probably a much better reflection of the intrinsic value of the frame in the 1st place.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

JonathanSiradj

« Reply #234 on: September 10, 2024, 02:16:48 PM »
I saw now that they actually decreased the price to $1680 on the Tavelo website. Interesting…

patliean1

« Reply #235 on: September 10, 2024, 02:37:16 PM »
What I admire about cycling is that neither our purchasing decisions nor fitness abilities make us any more noble or shrewd than the next fellow. No matter how much we insist these aspects actually matter in the eyes of others.

Funny enough, both my Yishun/Light Carbon R086-D and Winspace T1500 are among my most ridden bikes milage wise. Only losing to my Dengfu R12. Plenty of solid bikes across all price points, and the market has shown people are willing to pay.

I spend a lot of time interacting with local independent bike shops, authorized dealers, and varying race clubs. There's always something new I learn but most importantly, learning about what brands/products are actually selling to consumers in the real world. And what brands are a nightmare to work on. An informed consumer puts pressure on brands to do better. In theory at least.

Macedingle

« Reply #236 on: September 10, 2024, 05:17:38 PM »
Really interesting to me about how people care about resale value, as all the bikes that I have owned I ride until their life is over

jonathanf2

« Reply #237 on: September 10, 2024, 07:11:50 PM »
I find the whole beauty of cheaper Chinese road bikes is that I can ride far more aggressively without worry of crashing my bike. If resale is such a big concern I’m guessing most people aren’t riding their bikes hard enough!

BikerJens

« Reply #238 on: September 11, 2024, 02:17:22 AM »
I find the whole beauty of cheaper Chinese road bikes is that I can ride far more aggressively without worry of crashing my bike. If resale is such a big concern I’m guessing most people aren’t riding their bikes hard enough!

Very different things. Just cause you don't want to give up resale value from the start, does not mean that you are affraid to ride it..
Tall person with gigantic CdA

Serge_K

« Reply #239 on: September 11, 2024, 02:36:26 AM »
Very different things. Just cause you don't want to give up resale value from the start, does not mean that you are affraid to ride it..

Agreed. Also, not everybody is hard core cyclist. I have two friends, both engineers, who are thinking about buying a Chinese bike and they take into consideration the spec sheet with resale value in mind. 1. It's option value, and 2. They're unsure they will fall in love with cycling (road cycling is hard at the end of day) and so they want to know if they can resell stuff if they don't get hooked on the sport.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.