Author Topic: VeloBuild VB-TT-023  (Read 4579 times)

Re: VeloBuild VB-TT-023
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2024, 05:33:50 AM »
1st proper ride with the VB-TT-023 today

Bike is truly stiff, broke alot of PR’s today on a route that i havent been on for several months. Considering that this is my first time on a TT bike, i am truly happy with the frame and my build, no issues on a 63 mile ride with 1k feet of elevation, i completed the ride in 3:06.22 averaging 20.1mph on 204watts.

What's the fit like for your Alpha One around the headset area? I just got both my frame and the Alpha One but its quite skinny compared to the stock Stem?

NikkoPh

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2024, 01:14:46 AM »
What's the fit like for your Alpha One around the headset area? I just got both my frame and the Alpha One but its quite skinny compared to the stock Stem?

Very skinny but i dont really mind, i like the adjustability of the alpha one paired with their ultimate cups.

Serge_K

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2024, 02:41:01 AM »
Ultimate cups. That's what she said.

You guys are talking cockpits /stems that aren't stock with the velobuild frame, right? I'm considering getting one and obviously the bike fit, and therefore the cockpit to a large extent, is the most important thing to go fast on such a bike.
Can you please explain for us what cockpit you got / didn't get, how it compares to the VB, why and so on?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2024, 01:23:24 AM by Serge_K »
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

NikkoPh

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2024, 07:33:59 PM »
Ultimate cups. What's what she said.

You guys are talking cockpits /stems that aren't stock with the velobuild frame, right? I'm considering getting one and obviously the bike fit, and therefore the cockpit to a large extent, is the most important thing to go fast on such a bike.
Can you please explain for us what cockpit you got / didn't get, how it compares to the VB, why and so on?

Hey serge,

I changed to stock bar/stem/aerobar combo with Tririg alpha one with tririg ultimate cups.
The stock aerobar appears to be a copy of vision tfe extensions, nothing wrong with it but with the tririg adjusting your position is very easy, just one single 4mm bolt would adjust the stack height, same with the extension angle. The ultimate cups allows full forearm support. Downside is, The cockpit alone is more than the cost of the vb frame, the stem looks very narrow compared to the stock stem, a little hard to route the brake lines, i had to cut a bit of the openings on the spacers.

Serge_K

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2024, 09:33:04 AM »
The stock aerobar appears to be a copy of vision tfe extensions,

https://www.instagram.com/p/C97c_oKNBsy/?img_index=4
The (real) Vision TFE used at the olympics, it seems.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2024, 04:04:24 AM »
Ultimate cups. That's what she said.

Like Nikko, changed out the Stem / Bar that came with the Frameset for the Tri Rig Alpha One but I will be using Aerocoach 35 Degree extensions (22.2 mm pole clamps). The Alpha One has pretty amazing adjustability which is what I was after. Basically I had a look to see how it would look when installed on the fork and the overall width is narrower than the stock stem and as such can see some of the headset bearings (albeit they are covered). My frameset is currently being built up in the bike shop but can provide pictures when its back.

NikkoPh

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2024, 08:09:19 AM »
For context this is how the tririg compared to the stock stem looks likes

mattgolt

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2024, 01:49:14 PM »
Just ordered a VB-TT-023 in white ice crack, with the extra threads for a bento box on top. Hope it will turn out alright! Gotta keep busy in the off season  ;)