Author Topic: SRAM Rival - 50t or higher rear derailleur options  (Read 586 times)

eeney

SRAM Rival - 50t or higher rear derailleur options
« on: September 09, 2024, 12:24:23 AM »
I'm currently running SRAM rival, 1x mechanical which I've gotten to 46t with a garbaruk cage (copy) but can't get to a 50, which is where I would like to be, I already have an 11-50 cassette.

I was wondering if there were any derailleurs I could use to just swap out and use with the existing SRAM rival shifters.  I know Ltwoo and Sensah have 11-50t derailleurs but not sure if they'd work with my SRAM shifters.... are their any other options, obviously weight and reliability are important

armada

Re: SRAM Rival - 50t or higher rear derailleur options
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2024, 01:43:22 AM »
whats wrong with a GX axs?
the battery will fit. Used/oem are availiable around 250euro.

raisinberry777

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2024, 01:53:14 AM »
whats wrong with a GX axs?
the battery will fit. Used/oem are availiable around 250euro.

Probably the fact that OP needs mechanical.

The Sensah SRX derailleur is probably your best option without spending too much, but it's still a fair bit of outlay to get not a whole lot extra as far as ratio goes. Alternatively, try the ZTTO 9-46 cassette and a smaller chainring.

pavlo.k

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2024, 02:06:49 AM »
I use Force 1 mechanical without any mods with 9-44 e*13 cassette and 38t chainring which gives you top gear almost as fast as road compact with 11t in the rear and lower gear slightly harder than 40t chainring with 50t cassette. If you can install an XDr freehub body, I would go for a cassette with a smaller cog. Either e*13 or ztto

eeney

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2024, 03:49:39 PM »
I use Force 1 mechanical without any mods with 9-44 e*13 cassette and 38t chainring which gives you top gear almost as fast as road compact with 11t in the rear and lower gear slightly harder than 40t chainring with 50t cassette. If you can install an XDr freehub body, I would go for a cassette with a smaller cog. Either e*13 or ztto

I'm trying to stick with HG Spline hubs because I have two sets of wheels and two cassettes, so changing to XDR would require 2x hub bodies and cassettees...... that's a plan for the future when I'll go 12x electronic. For now I'm just trying to get an extra cog to work on my current setup.

Crash217

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2024, 08:16:15 PM »
Pretty sure a plain old SRAM GX mtb long cage will run fine with a force brifter.   Can probably find a used one cheap if the $65-90 they often can be found for online is out of budget.

pavlo.k

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2024, 04:14:14 AM »
Pretty sure a plain old SRAM GX mtb long cage will run fine with a force brifter.   Can probably find a used one cheap if the $65-90 they often can be found for online is out of budget.

11-speed sram road is the exact actuation that is compatible with 10-speed sram MTB derailleurs that are from before the 1x era and have a max cog of 36t

jonathanf2

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2024, 12:44:46 PM »
Have you tried using a derailleur extender? I was about to pick up a Garbaruk cage (copy) for my GRX 812 RD, because I was having so-so shifting performance with my ZTTO 9-46t. I remembered I had a Goatlink in a drawer, so installed it. Now shifting is much better (about 85-90% compared to stock), enough so I don't feel the need to buy the Garbaruk cage.

eeney

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2024, 01:10:30 AM »
The Sensah SRX derailleur is probably your best option .....

Coincidently my Rival right shifter also broke today (broken spool piece inside shifter)..... would Sensah be the cheapest option for 1x11 replacement? I see Sensah SRX 1x11 Shifters and Derailleur are quite cheap... are they any good?

Other options for me are Ltwoo GRT - requires new cassettes and probably new calipers..... or go crazy by risking Ltwoo eGR re-using my 11 speed cassettes for now.

Options.... all with different costs.