Author Topic: Any vendors that accept Bitcoin?  (Read 3351 times)

Izzy

Any vendors that accept Bitcoin?
« on: June 21, 2015, 03:37:34 PM »
I'm not a huge Bitcoiner or anything, but this is a situation that seems like a no brainer to be able to pay using the digital currency. I think the PayPal fee is something like 4% of transaction? So a thousand dollar order will be an extra $40 in total cost after the fee, and that's before shipping.. Seems if we could eliminate that fee entirely that would just make the whole chiner option even more enticing and affordable. Some online retailers that accept Bitcoin even offer up to like a 5% discount when you choose to pay with Bitcoin.. I think it'd def be awesome to see something like that from a carbon supplier.

Anyways, that just occurred to me and I thought I'd share it.

Sitar_Ned

Re: Any vendors that accept Bitcoin?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 07:59:24 PM »
I think it's a great idea and I'd definitely choose to pay with btc. That said, I doubt you and I are typical customers as most are still unfamiliar with digital currencies and don't fully trust them. But like you said, it cuts out the PayPal fee so it seems like a no brainer to at least have it as an option. The main problem, I think, is the legality of Bitcoin in China is kinda unclear. I've read up on it a bit, and from my understanding, for all intents and purposes btc is illegal in China. So.. that kinda puts a snag in the plan considering most of the sellers are in China. I'm pretty sure it'd have to be a seller located outside of China in order to offer this.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 09:35:59 PM by Sitar_Ned »