Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

Workswell WCB-M-078 Plus frame

<< < (2/8) > >>

bxcc:

--- Quote from: maui400 on February 09, 2016, 02:07:56 AM ---
I'll be also building a 29er with green decals - hopefully within the next two months. Then I'll post my build as well.

--- End quote ---

Thanks. Which 29er are you going with? If I was to do it over again, I probably would have went with this frame to begin with rather than the 062 mainly because it allows for more configurations. I am really happy and impressed with the 062 but there is a lot of overlap. The 062 is more traditional in looks but realistically there only 4 main differences. 1) HA is about 1 degree steeper with 078, 2) CS length is 10mm longer or 5mm shorter depending on dropout choice, 3) more clearance in the stays, and 4) about 100 grams more in weight. (These numbers are what you get going with the plus bike rather than the 062)

maui400:
My choice fell on the Dashine frame xcbarny ordered. See "Frame specs for 29er hardtails". I like the geometry, weight and price. Furthermore Dashine has a few more nice parts which I'll buy. Although all their parts on Alibaba seem to be shipped for free.
Anyway it's going to be a race bike, mainly. So no plus version.

Vipassana:
Fantastic job on the graphics.  I would totally consider a sticker kit like that for my bike over paint in the future.  You ever consider selling them?

bxcc:
Thanks. I actually have considered it. My brother and sister in law have their own screen printing / embroidery / vinyl business so that makes it a little easier if I wanted to venture down that road. I need to get over to their shop and play with the program a bit to see what I can come up with. For my chiner builds, it all started with GKARTA then spun off from there. I grabbed some extra material and just played around with it a little at a time. Work, kids, skiing and fat bike trail grooming seem to take most of my time lately. It's a rough life.  ;D

groussere:
Hey bxcc,

Just found this thread on the 29+ frame that you purchased. Any more updates? I'm considering this frame and was impressed with your pictures and logos.

Anyways, can you run and internally routed dropper post with this frame? I don't see any places to route the cable. Could it be possibly run down through the bottom bracket and up the seat tube? This is a deal breaker for me......I don't think I can live without my dropper!

Thanks in advance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version