Author Topic: Seat post guidance  (Read 2416 times)

bxcc

Seat post guidance
« on: March 02, 2016, 08:50:40 AM »
So I need a couple of seat posts in the 27.2 setback flavor. I purchased a carbon from eBay last year but it was slightly undersized so I had a hard time getting to stay put. Right now I'm thinking about this Nasbar one as I like te head design which has plenty of support for carbon rails. With their 20% coupons, $40 seems pretty good but the weight isn't very light at 250 grams. Are there any other suggestions you folks might have? I would like to keep it under $50.

http://www.nashbar.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/mProductDisplayView?catalogId=10052&storeId=10053&pgGrp=shoppingcart&productId=580541&itemId=580542

cmh

Re: Seat post guidance
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 01:50:24 PM »
I've got a 27.2x350 from Peter - the SP4. Plenty of setback and a monstrous support for carbon rails. So much so that I couldn't get the saddle far enough forward on the wife's bike. I don't think I've got any use for it, so if you're interested, we could work something out.

bxcc

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 03:23:50 PM »
I've got a 27.2x350 from Peter - the SP4. Plenty of setback and a monstrous support for carbon rails. So much so that I couldn't get the saddle far enough forward on the wife's bike. I don't think I've got any use for it, so if you're interested, we could work something out.

CMH, I might be. What were you thinking?

cmh

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 01:48:56 PM »

CMH, I might be. What were you thinking?

Crap, no idea how I missed this - still interested?