Author Topic: mtb flat handlebars from reputable manufacturer  (Read 2356 times)

rokase

mtb flat handlebars from reputable manufacturer
« on: July 17, 2016, 04:44:05 AM »
Heyya,

I used noname chinese bars that cost about 15 $ and weighted 110g/680mm for about a year, most of the time with rigid fork. So during one ride, I noticed that handlebar was loose , I tightened up and went to some difficult trails and on my way home I noticed that it's loose again, upon removal I spotted that it has deep marks from stem that might be cracks. From overtightening or stress, I don't know.

So, I want to get some decent 680mm flat bar from good manufacturers that isn't too expensive (seeing market flooded with light 15$ handlebars) and is HEAVIER, with more material. Any recommendations? (30-40$ with delivery~)

Carbon_Dude

Re: mtb flat handlebars from reputable manufacturer
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 07:58:15 AM »
You could contact Peter@xmcarbonspeed.com and see what he can do for you.  Xmcarbonspeed supports this website with giveaways and is a forum member.
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

Midwest-MTBer

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 10:35:52 AM »
These are the bars I just ordered. Not sure if you'll be able to get the $40 with shipping as I paid $35 for mine without shipping. So far from what I've read on the forum people have had issues with other Chinese bars, but not these from Peter.

http://xmcarbonspeed.com/Productinfo.asp?f=1385

rokase

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 11:23:32 AM »
How much was shipping from them?

Midwest-MTBer

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 11:29:30 AM »
Not sure how much it would be for you. I purchased a frame and wheel set along with my handlebars so my shipping was considerably expensive.

gohloum

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 11:32:55 PM »
Hey Rocase,

I bought the BEIOU bars off Amazon back in the spring.  I have put them through hundreds of miles including trails up in Mammoth, Kentucky (I reside in Florida). Anyway, They are marked so you can cut them down to spec width you want.  I also wrote an extensive review that is the top review on the page.  I included pictures and you will see my purple Caloi which they are mounted on.  They were $40 and I have been extremely happy with them and they are holding up nicely with my crazy riding (I have a tendency to crash quite a bit, LOL).  Here is a link to the bars: 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0125VMOOQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

TJ