Author Topic: Carbonda fm936 Thoughts  (Read 375383 times)

Medico

Re: Carbonda fm936 Thoughts
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2019, 10:30:17 AM »

Thanks Corneliz.
I already ordered one...hopefully it will arive before christmas
Now chosing parts... Think I will pick a float dps 165 x 42,5 like the ns synonym TR (they're claiming 120mm rear shock with it). An other thing is fork offset... Any thoughts? The Ns ones are with 44mm offset

If you are matching the NS rear, I would match the NS front
I'm not sure the carbonda and NS bikes have the same suspension ratio. NS use a 165x37,5 on the short travel version and the rock arm is different.

By the way i notice that with a 165x45, when the shock if fully compressed, the arch between seatstays comes in contact with seat tube. I try to know more with carbonda, was the first geometry chart (that tou can still see on this topic) wrong?

Hmmm...looking for a 42,5 shock then? Let us know if carbonda tells you something. You're sure about the rockerarm? On pictures it looks the same.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 05:50:20 AM by Medico »

numberzero

« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2019, 11:08:09 AM »
Carbonda advise me to stick to the 165x40 shock as mentionned in the updated geometry chart.
With 165x45 when you bottom out the shock the arch between seatstays comes in contact with seattube.
Even if i rode like that and my frame still intact, there's a potential risk.
I think with 42,5 stroke there's no contact, i will check.

Carbonda said me at the moment they won't modify the rear triangle.

Medico

« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2019, 12:17:53 PM »
Carbonda advise me to stick to the 165x40 shock as mentionned in the updated geometry chart.
With 165x45 when you bottom out the shock the arch between seatstays comes in contact with seattube.
Even if i rode like that and my frame still intact, there's a potential risk.
I think with 42,5 stroke there's no contact, i will check.

Carbonda said me at the moment they won't modify the rear triangle.

Just received my rochshox deluxe rct 165x42,5 for a bargain price...still waiting for my frame

Medico

« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2019, 12:12:46 PM »
Finally the frame arrived...but hell no... A crack or just paintissue? on the chainstay at the driveside. I think this was already there before shipment. The package was without tears or so.
I already mailed carbonda about it. Any ideas? I don't think it's a good idea to forget it and just use it. Hopefully they will send me a new rear triangle.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 12:14:32 PM by Medico »

numberzero

« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2019, 02:08:58 AM »
It seems something scratched your frame and the bolt too, probably just paint.
Can you check with no pressure in your shock if you can take full travel without contact issue between rear and seattube?

Medico

« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2019, 02:43:15 AM »
I'm already in contact with Adam...
Can let it fix it here and send them the bill or they send me a new rear... Im in doubt what to do...

As soon as I know what to do I'll post some pictures with the rear shock in t.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 12:15:55 PM by Medico »

maettu99

« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2019, 12:47:53 AM »
Seems to be only a cosmetic problem. I would probably ask for a refund and then fix it by myself with a paint repairing pen...
Is this a regular frame or a superlight frame? Which size?
Have you weighted it?

If you have a superlight frame and decide to change the rear end be careful not to receive a regular rear end!

Can let it fix it here and send them the bill or they send me a new rear... Im in doubt what to do...

« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 12:51:48 AM by maettu99 »

Medico

« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2019, 01:17:33 AM »
Seems to be only a cosmetic problem. I would probably ask for a refund and then fix it by myself with a paint repairing pen...
Is this a regular frame or a superlight frame? Which size?
Have you weighted it?

If you have a superlight frame and decide to change the rear end be careful not to receive a regular rear end!

Is a regular frame size M. And just asked Adam for a refund..they wanted to send me a new rear without the bearings..I know its a pain to remove and replace old bearings without smashing them...

Udate... Made a deal with Adam, get a partial refund.
Now just started building up the bike... Couple of hickups: old dropper post is 30.9, need a new one in 31.6. Also forgot to buy rearshock mounting bushings.... Damn bill pilling up.
But getting there.

When i'm done I will post a picture of the rearshock.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 02:51:30 AM by Medico »

Medico

« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2019, 04:11:05 PM »
Question: which kind of crankset did you use... How is the chainline? Thisnis bcause I want to buy a SLX m71xx crank and they are in boost/normal with a 52mm and in 55mm chainline. Will 52mm not be to tight to the chainstay?

Corneliz

« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2019, 06:19:32 AM »
I have a regular M8100 crank (M8100-1), with 52mm chainline, there is 1cm between the chain and the chainstay.

Medico

« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2019, 06:59:06 AM »
I have a regular M8100 crank (M8100-1), with 52mm chainline, there is 1cm between the chain and the chainstay.

Thank you

maettu99

« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2019, 07:42:49 AM »
Am I wrong or do I see a manual Lockout on this picture.

If you don't use a remote which is what I would like to do, how difficult is it to reach the lockout lever at the bottom while riding?

Thanks!

Medico

« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2019, 03:52:21 PM »
It seems something scratched your frame and the bolt too, probably just paint.
Can you check with no pressure in your shock if you can take full travel without contact issue between rear and seattube?

This is the clearance with 42.5mm shock

numberzero

« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2019, 10:50:13 AM »

This is the clearance with 42.5mm shock

[/quote]
Thanks, so it works

Am I wrong or do I see a manual Lockout on this picture.

If you don't use a remote which is what I would like to do, how difficult is it to reach the lockout lever at the bottom while riding?

Thanks!
It's depends if you are flexible or not, have a good balance or not. There's always a risk to ride one-handed with awkward position and the lever is small you can move the rebond by accident too.
Definitely if you want to race go for a handlebar remote or don't change shock setup.

Corneliz

« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2019, 03:14:54 AM »
I indeed don't have a remote lockout, thought to convert from manual to remote myself, but appeared to be very complicated, so I still have to send the shock to a center for conversion (but is expensive). For now I don't change the shock setup during riding, which is actually also fine.