Author Topic: Carbonda fm936 Thoughts  (Read 375348 times)

theirishrider

Re: Carbonda fm936 Thoughts
« Reply #1005 on: November 08, 2020, 06:18:20 AM »
changed the repair kit or without service it works fine
the FOX DPS 42.5 works well. The one i found that others also purchased is brand new and does not need service before install.

ilyamaksimov

« Reply #1006 on: November 08, 2020, 06:45:26 AM »
the FOX DPS 42.5 works well. The one i found that others also purchased is brand new and does not need service before install.

thanks

bbr

« Reply #1007 on: November 08, 2020, 09:55:05 AM »
Are you able to take a measurement level from the trunnion bolt level. To the frame?

The dvo topaz 2 shock with piggy back  uses 1.6 inches of space from the trunnion bolt.   If this frame has less, the dvo wont fit. The frame will block the shock rebound dial.

I am asking as i have a topaz and was thinking if i can use this for this frame in the future.

So if you can take another measurement, it be graet

Here is a measurement and pic of the XL.

The cables take up some room. The 3ft mark is right on the shock body center.

ilyamaksimov

« Reply #1008 on: November 08, 2020, 09:59:27 AM »
Are you able to take a measurement level from the trunnion bolt level. To the frame?

The dvo topaz 2 shock with piggy back  uses 1.6 inches of space from the trunnion bolt.   If this frame has less, the dvo wont fit. The frame will block the shock rebound dial.

I am asking as i have a topaz and was thinking if i can use this for this frame in the future.

So if you can take another measurement, it be graet

2 inches

bbr

« Reply #1009 on: November 08, 2020, 10:43:33 AM »
Thank you!   What frame size is this.?

Wonder if small or medium size is the same 2 inches.

ilyamaksimov

« Reply #1010 on: November 08, 2020, 11:00:17 AM »
Thank you!   What frame size is this.?

Wonder if small or medium size is the same 2 inches.

this is L size

QuentinLL

« Reply #1011 on: November 09, 2020, 03:46:40 AM »
this is L size

Interesting, it should fit :-)
I am hesitating between Rockshox SIDLuxe and DVO Topaz (100g heavier but expected to be more constant on long downhills -1 000 meters)...
Has anyone tried both (on other bike) ?

carbonazza

« Reply #1012 on: November 09, 2020, 04:26:46 AM »
...expected to be more constant on long downhills -1 000 meters...
What do you mean by constant ?

Because of your last week's comments... I'm torn between a M or L size now... Thank you so very much ! ;)
I'm about 1.5cm shorter on the torso than you, but you like to be flat on your bike with a 40mm stem.
I took a M planning a 50mm or 60mm stem to match my current horizontal distance, and a little more drop, but still higher than my gravel&road bikes.
It may be late anyway, as it was planned to be built these days... but it will be few grams lighter in M  8)

QuentinLL

« Reply #1013 on: November 09, 2020, 06:10:37 AM »
What do you mean by constant ?

"piggyback" do handles heat better => on long and rough downhills (or heavy / aggressive rider) "inline" shocks can heat and the damping is not constant.

Because of your last week's comments... I'm torn between a M or L size now... Thank you so very much ! ;)

So sorry  :-X
The conclusion was : every rider will make different choice, depending on size, type of riding, habits...
My heart (and calculations) told me to choose a L. If yours told you to choose a M... just give it a try  :)

SlappinBerms

« Reply #1014 on: November 09, 2020, 07:19:58 AM »
Looks like this one:   https://wheelsmfg.com/derailleur-hangers/thru-axle-hangers/derailleur-hanger-309.html

But I'd prob just contact Adam/Carbonda and order a few directly.  Might take a bit longer, but should be a lot cheaper.

Yeah, I went through this and tried to make it work. The Wheels MFG is an M6 thread vs the M5 on the stock hanger, and the axel/bolt spacing is off about .5mm or so. You can install the hanger, but the wheel won't line up with the axel threads. Definitely need to go through Carbonda.

dhengen

« Reply #1015 on: November 09, 2020, 12:13:19 PM »
I don't want to upset anybody here or deviate the threat so I'm going to try for the last time to explain my point.
Let's say I'm going to buy a new xc bike with modern geometry. In terms of HT angle, ST angle and wheelbase the closest a I could find are the BMC, Unno and Mondraker. On any of this brands I will take hands down the L size which is the one I have always ridden and I don't think any of you would advice me to by the XL. Well, if I take the L from Carbonda it would equal a XL from those brands.
Of course I can ride a XL just lowering the saddle on those and due to the long wheelbase it would be stable and planted on the downhills but it won't feel nimble or fast cornering or going up, which you really need on xc bike.

Hey - I'm late to the discussion, but I was between L/XL sizing and sized down for lots of the same reasons you are considering it. From all your replies you've given, I think you want to size to M and I think you should trust your intuition, which is based on some solid data and your gut feeling. Your point about size M on this bike being a L on most mainstream brands is exactly why I sized down as well. Have fun, after all this is riding bikes!

adroitrider

« Reply #1016 on: November 09, 2020, 09:57:17 PM »
Hey - I'm late to the discussion, but I was between L/XL sizing and sized down for lots of the same reasons you are considering it. From all your replies you've given, I think you want to size to M and I think you should trust your intuition, which is based on some solid data and your gut feeling. Your point about size M on this bike being a L on most mainstream brands is exactly why I sized down as well. Have fun, after all this is riding bikes!

Are you happy with sizing down? How does your build ride? Did you end up changing the stem or headset spacers to increase reach/stack?

I sized up and have no complaints.

Colt__Seavers

« Reply #1017 on: November 10, 2020, 02:25:53 AM »
I don't want to sound rude or anything but it seems like you had already made your mind even before asking your first question and came here in hope that other people would make you feel good about it. I understand that, for you, the sadle to BB is the biggest factor to check since you're having problems with your knees and it's ok. To me, ETT is way more important since I have lower back pain issues if the seated position is too short or too long. Because ETT is the bigest factor for me, the M would be the best solution and I'm 1.75m. If you think a M is the best for you, go for it. For the price of those frames, you could even buy a M and a L to test out which is best for you.

...true! Just get both of them and sell the one which is not fitting. You will definitely find a buyer for it. Or find a NS dealer and tryout the Synonym.

Risckys

« Reply #1018 on: November 10, 2020, 06:37:33 AM »
Hello friends

Here you have more information for the same FM936 frame, 2020 and 2021 model differences:

WRC Thunder 2020

WRC Dark 2021

The same geometry and different link and rear

https://www.conorbikes.com/es-es/wrcdark21/
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 06:44:26 AM by Risckys »

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #1019 on: November 10, 2020, 09:10:24 AM »
Hello friends

Here you have more information for the same FM936 frame, 2020 and 2021 model differences:

The same geometry and different link and rear

https://www.conorbikes.com/es-es/wrcdark21/
It may not be a new 936.  They may have paid for a custom rear triangle. Isn't that 2021 similar to the NS Synonym.