Author Topic: Carbonda fm936 Thoughts  (Read 375562 times)

adroitrider

Re: Carbonda fm936 Thoughts
« Reply #1155 on: November 24, 2020, 02:21:35 PM »
These will be available at some point for the SidLUXE. I believe the 90 is the best entry point for the cable.

victorike

« Reply #1156 on: November 24, 2020, 02:49:32 PM »
I am very happy with the behavior of this frame, it is what I was looking for for geometry.  Later we will change wheels, fork and cranks.

jimmyD

« Reply #1157 on: November 25, 2020, 04:57:29 PM »
How does this frame perform as an XC race bike?
Im particularly interested to hear how it climbs on really steep climbs. I would fit a lockout front and rear but I can figure out form the Geometry chart if the front wheel will be more likely to lift up and loose traction because of the long reach and slack head angle, or if the bike will be more planted on climbs than most XC bikes due to the really steep seat angle which might place your body weight further forward relative to the BB than a more traditional XC geometry would. currently riding an A036 , saddle slammed forward. That bike has never felt good to me.

I was also considering the FM258-B-SL which is the Scott Spark copy and weighs under 2kg in size Large. But it doesn't take a Trunnion shock and isn't available until the end of January. I need to buy a new shock anyway so figure it makes more sense to buy a trunnion shock that i will be able to use in the next frame in 5 years time. My current Monarch XX shock leaks hydraulic lockout fluid at the shock so i cant lock it.

Pharaohollie

« Reply #1158 on: November 26, 2020, 12:27:55 AM »
How does this frame perform as an XC race bike?
Im particularly interested to hear how it climbs on really steep climbs. I would fit a lockout front and rear but I can figure out form the Geometry chart if the front wheel will be more likely to lift up and loose traction because of the long reach and slack head angle, or if the bike will be more planted on climbs than most XC bikes due to the really steep seat angle which might place your body weight further forward relative to the BB than a more traditional XC geometry would. currently riding an A036 , saddle slammed forward. That bike has never felt good to me.

I was also considering the FM258-B-SL which is the Scott Spark copy and weighs under 2kg in size Large. But it doesn't take a Trunnion shock and isn't available until the end of January. I need to buy a new shock anyway so figure it makes more sense to buy a trunnion shock that i will be able to use in the next frame in 5 years time. My current Monarch XX shock leaks hydraulic lockout fluid at the shock so i cant lock it.

This frame is a really good climber. Better than I thought it would. I would say it climbs as well as my 2017 Scalpel. I have some silly steep climbs on my trails and I actually enjoy climbing :)

Add front and rear lockouts and you'll have yourself an XC racing weapon.

jimmyD

« Reply #1159 on: November 26, 2020, 04:33:18 AM »
This frame is a really good climber. Better than I thought it would. I would say it climbs as well as my 2017 Scalpel. I have some silly steep climbs on my trails and I actually enjoy climbing :)

Add front and rear lockouts and you'll have yourself an XC racing weapon.

thats what i needed to hear! thanks!

Hei hei

« Reply #1160 on: November 26, 2020, 08:39:19 PM »
I bought this frame the other day.
It size is M and I am 177 cm tall.
I also had it painted.

It uses Shimano / Sram mix components, SR Suntour 120mm boost fork and SR Suntour trunnion mount 165mm x 40mm R shock units.
The wheelset is hand assembled by me, XT hubs and Carbon Rims.  And It equipped GIANT dropper seatpost 125mm.
The bike weight is just 12 kilograms without pedals, and bottle cage.

There was no major problem with the assembly.
The assembly work went very smoothly.

I haven't ride on the trail yet, but I'm going to the trail on February so I want to write my impressions.

@kisuke3 I just found your post and I really like your paint colour. Can you tell me what paint code you used ? Thank you very much.

BeTon

« Reply #1161 on: November 28, 2020, 12:37:19 PM »
Just needs brakes bleeding and dropper cable adjustment, love it!!

Icyseanfitz

« Reply #1162 on: November 29, 2020, 06:36:32 AM »
Carbonda website down?

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #1163 on: November 29, 2020, 11:54:07 AM »
Carbonda website down?
Been down for me since last night.

carbonazza

« Reply #1164 on: November 29, 2020, 01:11:22 PM »
Carbonda website down?

Oh noooo! They must be bankrupt, with all our deposits evaporated!

Or maybe, just maybe, they are more frame builders than webmasters, and it will take them a couple of days to fix it  8)

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #1165 on: November 30, 2020, 09:31:30 AM »
Who are y9u guys emailing at Carbonda? Tried the info@ email and didn't get a reply.

carbonazza

« Reply #1166 on: November 30, 2020, 10:06:59 AM »
Who are y9u guys emailing at Carbonda? Tried the info@ email and didn't get a reply.

Ask for Wing at sales1@carbonda.com

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #1167 on: November 30, 2020, 10:30:58 AM »

Colt__Seavers

« Reply #1168 on: December 01, 2020, 02:33:50 AM »
Ask for Wing at "s a l e s 1  at  c a r b o n d a  dot  c o m"

could you please change your post, so that Wing doesn't get spamed and will overlook our important mails.

carbonazza

« Reply #1169 on: December 01, 2020, 02:54:40 AM »
could you please change your post, so that Wing doesn't get spamed and will overlook our important mails.

This is not her private email, the benefits of having an email address on a forum like this outweigh the risks.
She will get some spam sure, but more sales too.