Author Topic: Carbonda fm936 Thoughts  (Read 375379 times)

Brombras

Re: Carbonda fm936 Thoughts
« Reply #1305 on: January 06, 2021, 08:06:04 AM »
I think someone had a lowered Xfusion, maybe you can ask them if they tried it un lowered first.  Shame it's not possible to get 167-170mm shocks to really tune it. I imagine the pro's have shocks specifically to make the BB height exactly what they want.
Could it be possible to make some offset bushings for the lower shock mount that made it possible to run a 165x45 shock? That would raise the shock some mm? You would get more travel and higher bb height. Some modification of the frame would be necessary.

theirishrider

« Reply #1306 on: January 06, 2021, 10:27:27 AM »
Could it be possible to make some offset bushings for the lower shock mount that made it possible to run a 165x45 shock? That would raise the shock some mm? You would get more travel and higher bb height. Some modification of the frame would be necessary.
possible maybe with smaller diameter bearings in an offset shell. I think it would be inclined to rotate the eccentric offset though.
I believe the only thing would be to increase the eye to eye, the travel (40vs 42.5 vs 45mm) only refers to how far the shock compress, not the overall length. :)

On a side note my lower rear triangle bolt is still coming loose even with Blue Loctite. I'm thinking I'll have to replace it - maybe I can make a stainless one :/ Such a pain.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 10:37:27 AM by theirishrider »

zilcho

« Reply #1307 on: January 06, 2021, 12:04:52 PM »
On a side note my lower rear triangle bolt is still coming loose even with Blue Loctite. I'm thinking I'll have to replace it - maybe I can make a stainless one :/ Such a pain.

I'm also having issues with this bolt.  It's a source a squeaking and drives me crazy and I've managed to strip the non drive-side trying to torque to spec.  Any ideas on specs to replace it?  I had the rear linkage fully torn down a month ago to grease everything but was not able to fully remove the inner tube portion, just the bolt heads on each side.

ilyamaksimov

« Reply #1308 on: January 06, 2021, 01:45:18 PM »
another question. Does anyone know what the torsional rigidity of the frame is in N / m? wondered how much harder or softer it is than a spark

albar

« Reply #1309 on: January 06, 2021, 02:41:48 PM »
Another brand selling Carbonda fm936 with their name.
https://www.bicismendiz.com/bicicletas/mtb/mendiz-x40xc-configurador#
Sizes are interesting. L from Carbonda is XL from Mendiz

zac2944

« Reply #1310 on: January 06, 2021, 08:40:45 PM »
What about running a 130 or 140 mm fork? Anyone tried that? That would raise the BB. It would also mean slacker angles.

Interested in this as well. Considering a 130mm pike for my build.

ilyamaksimov

« Reply #1311 on: January 07, 2021, 03:03:13 AM »
another question. Does anyone know what the torsional rigidity of the frame is in N / m? wondered how much harder or softer it is than a spark

I will answer myself)

Adam sent me a bench test report of the frame and if I understand everything correctly, it is stronger than a spark frame
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 03:05:06 AM by ilyamaksimov »

Brombras

« Reply #1312 on: January 07, 2021, 11:49:11 AM »
possible maybe with smaller diameter bearings in an offset shell. I think it would be inclined to rotate the eccentric offset though.
I believe the only thing would be to increase the eye to eye, the travel (40vs 42.5 vs 45mm) only refers to how far the shock compress, not the overall length. :)

You can try using green loctite, I had to do that on a Turner I own that has IGUS plain bearings instead of ball bearings.

I guess offset bushings only work if you want to shorten the shock length. I was thinking more of something like a flip chip similar to the scott on the attached picture. You would have to modify (mill/dremel) the upper linkage (warranty void, and the part could crack). The flip chips are small and simple to design and would not be that expensive to order from some (online) machine shop. This could work, and possibly not. I guess you only need to move the holes a few mm downwards. To mill a new linkage part in aluminium would be interesting, but could get quit expensive, depending on where its being made..

adroitrider

« Reply #1313 on: January 07, 2021, 01:17:22 PM »
maybe this question has already been asked here, but still. What is the pressure in your shock absorbers? I have a weight of 80kg and I need to pump 280psi to sag 20%

shock fox dps from ebay

I have the SidLuxe and tried to set it up with 10% sag and it was too firm. I went with 25% sag and the bike rides faster. I think the old days of less sag for a race bike have been engineered out by the single air XC shock design.

One of my other bikes has Manitou Swinger 3-Way and it can be tuned so many different ways...

carbonazza

« Reply #1314 on: January 07, 2021, 01:55:17 PM »
...I simulated 140mm fork...

What are you using to display the geometry ? Excel ?

Jotegr

« Reply #1315 on: January 07, 2021, 08:57:27 PM »
I guess offset bushings only work if you want to shorten the shock length.

Typically they're either used to modify geometry (slacken stuff) or to accommodate a longer eye to eye shock. Putting a short shock and offset bushings is doubling down on the same thing.

QuentinLL

« Reply #1316 on: January 09, 2021, 03:00:25 AM »
What are you using to display the geometry ? Excel ?

yep, i am in love with Excel  ;D

andymtb10

« Reply #1317 on: January 09, 2021, 04:19:24 AM »
Hi,

So I didn't order this frame, despite looking at them back in July, but now I'm ready to order I can't get a response from Carbonda. I've emailed Adam and sales1 email addresses, and sent a message on Skype and through the website. Has any one had any communication with them in the last week?

Also, I was wondering how long delivery has taken for people when the frames have been in stock, and without custom paint?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 06:10:08 AM by andymtb10 »

carbonazza

« Reply #1318 on: January 09, 2021, 07:07:43 AM »
They are probably on holidays right now. I didn't get a response either this week.

The minimum wait I got was 3 weeks between order and delivery, usually ~5-6 weeks with paint.
But it can be months, especially now as there aren't many flights.

victorike

« Reply #1319 on: January 09, 2021, 07:34:07 AM »
Hi,

So I didn't order this frame, despite looking at them back in July, but now I'm ready to order I can't get a response from Carbonda. I've emailed Adam and sales1 email addresses, and sent a message on Skype and through the website. Has any one had any communication with them in the last week?

Also, I was wondering how long delivery has taken for people when the frames have been in stock, and without custom paint?

Ask Wing Lee

https://www.google.es/amp/s/m.spanish.alibaba.com/amp/p-detail/62238559299.html

Check out this product on Alibaba App Carbonda FM936 29er/27,5 DE SUSPENSIÓN COMPLETA Cruz país bicicleta de montaña bicicleta aumentar
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 07:36:10 AM by victorike »