Author Topic: Carbonda fm936 Thoughts  (Read 375313 times)

Denis

Re: Carbonda fm936 Thoughts
« Reply #1635 on: April 26, 2021, 11:37:08 PM »
I'm having a hard time understanding what your issue is. Here is your first post:

You want to get a warranty replacement for your frame because it has cracks that made you feel uneasy enough about it that you contacted Carbonda. Carbonda responded that yes, appears to be an issue and should be replaced.
Then your complaint is that you are resting your shoulder and only have one good hand and can't disassemble the bike. Yet you will have to either way in order to swap the frame's front triangle.Carbonda offers a very standard compromise - give a deposit and they will send a replacement. When you get it swapped over, you will get your deposit back.Can you ride your bike right now, as is? I thought you were injured and the bike cracked enough that it is deemed a warranty replacement item, likely unsafe?

So you want to continue riding a cracked carbon framed bike, while injured, and then when the new front triangle arrives, disassemble and swap the parts over?
If so, pay the deposit. Not an uncommon practice or unreasonable thing for a company to request.

But why do you want to ride a broken bike that you were concerned enough that you asked the company for a replacement?
Sorry for my bad english.
Carbonda says it's bad design at some frames, it's warranty issue.    Now I'm resting about 1-2 weeks, before  I can do easy rides. If now I will cutt off my frame I can't even do easy ride on flat terrain. Why I need to pay 500$ when I already payed fo the whole frame.Thear are so fearing that I can get some benefit of having additional used cracked front triangle? )) It's ridiculous.
I just want not to loose riding time, because shipping can have random times now, may be it will be 2-3 months?

Denis

« Reply #1636 on: April 26, 2021, 11:38:59 PM »
Looks like chipped paint to me???

You should see the cracks in the clearcoat on my Turner Czar.    :D
Carbonda says it's a bad design with alu inserts in carbon. And it's warranty issue.   

adroitrider

« Reply #1637 on: April 26, 2021, 11:41:47 PM »
  If you do not appreciate your time, you are immortal?  I don't have endless time, and want to ride my bike as much as possible.

N+1

Pay the deposit. Ride the busted bike. Receive warranty frame. Swap parts. Destroy old busted frame. Get $500 back and use to buildup a backup bike. It’s like layaway. Win win.

St0mpB0x

« Reply #1638 on: April 27, 2021, 12:01:59 AM »
I'm with everyone else here. Their handling of the warranty seems very reasonable.

I've worked in shops and seen large "A Tier" manufacturers handle warranty claims significantly worse.

Denis

« Reply #1639 on: April 27, 2021, 07:27:36 AM »
N+1

Pay the deposit. Ride the busted bike. Receive warranty frame. Swap parts. Destroy old busted frame. Get $500 back and use to buildup a backup bike. It’s like layaway. Win win.
Sounds good, if you have excess 500$ to credit carbonda ))

adroitrider

« Reply #1640 on: April 27, 2021, 11:04:53 AM »
Sounds good, if you have excess 500$ to credit carbonda ))

The opportunity cost of $500 to a cyclist isn’t a lot of money. If you are strapped and don’t have it then wait until you do.

I’m riding my backup bike today. For giggles.

theirishrider

« Reply #1641 on: April 27, 2021, 11:13:59 AM »
Sorry Denis, I know it's very annoying not to have a bike for X number of weeks. This could happen with Specialized too, if you broke your frame this year it could take ages for a replacement because of the shortages due to Covid. Honestly, Carbonda is doing ok, many people have had big bike brand argue that they used the bike incorrectly or such and therefore don't get a warranty.  This is a generic supply chain issue, seen in almost every manufacturing company on earth this year. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56186655

emu26

« Reply #1642 on: April 29, 2021, 02:24:36 AM »
My 14 yr old 45kilo wringing wet son had a Felt Decree frame fail on him, the headset collapsed up into the frame less than 3 months after he got it.  Felt spent months denying the claim, giving all sorts of bullshit excuses from I did the headset up to tight to he used incorrect technique landing a jump. I challenged everyone of these excuses with logic and reasoning until it got to the point they ran out of excuses and just stopped replying to emails.  I then threatened to take Wiggle to the department of Fair Trading and had the offer of a choice of two frames that afternoon, neither of them Felt.  Wiggle copped the loss, Felt walked away at no cost. In Australia we are protected because our consumer laws say that the warranty is the responsibility of the seller, not the manufacturer.  Wiggle had previously lost a similar case with Dept. of Fair Trading.

I would be grateful that they have acknowledge it is a warranty issue and do everything I could to make a change over happen. As has been said by others, plenty of brand name manufacturers out there that treat you worse than what you have been offered.

Colt__Seavers

« Reply #1643 on: April 29, 2021, 03:23:09 AM »
how many frames are having that cracks of the front triangle near the linkage. Isn't it aleady the second on here?

Colt__Seavers

« Reply #1644 on: April 29, 2021, 03:30:26 AM »
Here is my bling build !

The weather isn't very nice here, so only two ~70km rides so far.
But I loved every instant of them, a smile from one ear to the other, even once when I crashed it :o

Not sure if it is the geometry, the full suspension, the seatpost or the electronic shifting in particular, but this has little in common with my past hardtail riding.

It is a size M SL.
OG-Evkin bar
Ligthbicyle XC925 wheelset with DT-Swiss EXP 240.
XX1 AXS derailleur + Blipbox + Multiclics
SID Ultimate 120mm and SIDLuxe shock 42.5mm
Piccola brakes
Reverb AXS
2.35 tires.
And 10,1kg

The commands are, left click easier gear, right click harder gear.
Click on both for the seatpost.

I was hoping for a more greenish blue, than this reddish one, but I start to get used to it  ::)

I'm still testing different 3D printed mounts for the blips for different positions.
For now the cables are taped below the bar, my plan was to make them go through the bar end and exit through one of the mount holes.
But there was some sun, and I preferred to go ride than work more on it. Maybe later.

that's a hell of a nice build! Very light as well. I wonder if you can share the part list with weights. Must have cost a fortune...
when did you order the Piccola? must be ages ago...

also I wonder how @Vipassana got his/her Piccola...

Vipassana

« Reply #1645 on: April 29, 2021, 08:11:33 AM »
that's a hell of a nice build! Very light as well. I wonder if you can share the part list with weights. Must have cost a fortune...
when did you order the Piccola? must be ages ago...

also I wonder how @Vipassana got his/her Piccola...

Ah, perhaps I was misleading. I have not built the bike yet.  Still in the planning (and saving) stage.  That is nearly the exact build I want to build when parts (and budget) become more available this year. Perhaps near the end of summer?

Maybe I should order the brakes now? If they are too hard to get, I will run XTR instead.

I and also waiting to learn a bit more about the FM909 as well before starting.

Denis

« Reply #1646 on: April 29, 2021, 08:41:23 AM »
how many frames are having that cracks of the front triangle near the linkage. Isn't it aleady the second on here?
I think all of the mark1 frame may crack at this place. Carbonda said that  later alu insert part was redesigned.

Schumo

« Reply #1647 on: April 29, 2021, 10:18:39 AM »
Maybe I should order the brakes now?

Definitely should do that!
Lead time on them is 12-15 months, R2-Bike says 4-8 months and Bike Components up to 7 months. I think Bike Components also gets them from time to time, so worth checking if they have some in stock.

Vipassana

« Reply #1648 on: April 29, 2021, 11:32:40 AM »
Definitely should do that!
Lead time on them is 12-15 months, R2-Bike says 4-8 months and Bike Components up to 7 months. I think Bike Components also gets them from time to time, so worth checking if they have some in stock.

I just went to r2-bike and something funny is going on with the pricing. I put a set of Piccolo HD and two Dachle UL 180mm rotors in my cart. Then when I went to check out, the price went from 754 euro for the set to 897 euro. And the rotors went from 105 to 125.  I can't get the prices to reset on that device. The lower prices are shown when I go to another computer.   ::)

sync1

« Reply #1649 on: April 29, 2021, 11:45:20 AM »
Probably is updating the country tax  ;)