Author Topic: Carbonda fm936 Thoughts  (Read 375313 times)

carbonazza

Re: Carbonda fm936 Thoughts
« Reply #1830 on: September 23, 2021, 05:59:44 AM »
Strange crack, where derailleur hanger meets angle.

Did you contact Carbonda ?

carbonazza

« Reply #1831 on: September 23, 2021, 06:01:29 AM »
Hey guys, how is your experience with noises on this bike while riding, how quiet it is? ( seen that 180mm bolt issue )
I don't notice any noise but the freewheel.
What potential noises would bother you ?

wfl3

« Reply #1832 on: September 23, 2021, 08:19:27 AM »
Hey guys, how is your experience with noises on this bike while riding, how quiet it is? ( seen that 180mm bolt issue )

The only recommendation I'd give is to get those neoprene sleeves for the cable housing in the frame - a little bit of rattle from those otherwise.

6un4

« Reply #1833 on: September 26, 2021, 03:05:23 PM »
Just about any sounds that shouldn’t be there.

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #1834 on: September 26, 2021, 03:21:10 PM »
Mine is quiet. Didn't wrap the cables and don't notice them knocking around. Actually intended to put pool noodle chunks by the headtube and BB, but forgot to do it. I had a knock in my BB when it loosened over time, but tightening it up took care of it.

timotheos

« Reply #1835 on: September 29, 2021, 02:18:56 AM »
New owner here, love the frame, I'll post some thoughts after a couple more rides, just got a few initial questions I couldn't find answers to on here:
1) what are people doing to plug up the cable holes on top of the chain stays? Or is it easy to just wash out when mud gets down in there?
2) supplied hanger doesn't seem to work with my slx 12 speed, only way I can access the smallest cog is to add a fat washer to locate the derailleur further outboard. Yes I checked hanger is straight, and limit screw all the way out. Anyone else find this?

zilcho

« Reply #1836 on: September 29, 2021, 08:27:06 AM »
New owner here, love the frame, I'll post some thoughts after a couple more rides, just got a few initial questions I couldn't find answers to on here:
1) what are people doing to plug up the cable holes on top of the chain stays? Or is it easy to just wash out when mud gets down in there?
2) supplied hanger doesn't seem to work with my slx 12 speed, only way I can access the smallest cog is to add a fat washer to locate the derailleur further outboard. Yes I checked hanger is straight, and limit screw all the way out. Anyone else find this?

1) Mine are open but you can't really ride when it's wet here so not really an issue. They do collect water when I wash the bike but I just lift the bike by the rear triangle and they drain right out.
2) Have you checked that the hanger is not bent? I haven't seen anyone else comment with that issue and plenty are using 12speed Shimano

The_real_mcvoy

« Reply #1837 on: September 29, 2021, 09:57:09 AM »
Been eyeing this forum and frame for awhile. Curious if anyone has purchased the xfusion rear shock mentioned as an option from Carbonda. Price? Model? How does it perform? I'm guessing it's the standard 165x40? Thanks!

theirishrider

« Reply #1838 on: September 29, 2021, 10:43:39 AM »
Weird. I use XT 12s and it works fine. Is it possible your hub is offset or you have cassette spacers/washers on the freehub in that you should not have?

Lovewookie

« Reply #1839 on: September 30, 2021, 10:47:20 AM »
Been eyeing this forum and frame for awhile. Curious if anyone has purchased the xfusion rear shock mentioned as an option from Carbonda. Price? Model? How does it perform? I'm guessing it's the standard 165x40? Thanks!

Bought a frame a week or so ago, was told that the x-fusion shock was no longer in stock.

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #1840 on: September 30, 2021, 10:17:16 PM »
No problems with my XTR derailleur. I think I have an extra hanger if you want to try it.

timotheos

« Reply #1841 on: October 02, 2021, 08:48:53 AM »
ok so ignore #2, in my haste to get on the trails I made a mistake when indexing, it actually works fine, doesn't need the washer.

Muskokawildman

« Reply #1842 on: October 04, 2021, 12:01:29 PM »
Other than a few grams what the difference between the light and super light frame?

I'm 5'9" and 200 lb's. I don't care if the super light frame is 200 grams lighter if it isn't as strong.

Pardon if this question had been asked before. I did query to see if it was answered and didn't find anything.

Thanks in advance for any answer....

wfl3

« Reply #1843 on: October 04, 2021, 12:21:56 PM »
Other than a few grams what the difference between the light and super light frame?

I'm 5'9" and 200 lb's. I don't care if the super light frame is 200 grams lighter if it isn't as strong.

Pardon if this question had been asked before. I did query to see if it was answered and didn't find anything.

Thanks in advance for any answer....

That's the only difference.  A little different carbon, prob T800 on the superlight vs T700 on the standard I'd guess.

Muskokawildman

« Reply #1844 on: October 06, 2021, 01:19:55 PM »
One more question reference fork offset.

Which fork offset would be best for this bike in size medium 44 or 51?

Thanks in advance for the anticipated reply....