Author Topic: Light Carbon LCFS917 XC Frame  (Read 11469 times)

ixlix

Light Carbon LCFS917 XC Frame
« on: September 20, 2020, 10:45:35 PM »
Got some information from Wendy at LC on the new XC frtame. Not availbale to end users at present.

Vipassana

Re: Light Carbon LCFS917 XC Frame
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 11:41:02 PM »
Any idea when it will be available to us? This looks promising.

ixlix

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 11:47:15 PM »
No, she said "not available to end users yet and I have no idea about that'. Think they are waiting for bike companies to take up the design first.

Cerps

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 09:05:25 PM »
Earlier this summer another user was told there was a minimum order quantity of 20 for this frame. Through round about ways I got information that there was at least one entity that ordered multiple frames but I can't be sure. I've kept my eyes peeled but haven't seen anything close come to market. Although being in the USA I am not as aware of the little European or Asian brands so it could be out there.

It's a shame everyone can't access this frame. It seems like it's what the lcfs911 was intended to be. Unfortunately due to lack of frame clearance at full compression with 165x45 shock the 911 didn't turn out that way. I had the 911 real quick because of a mix up and I think you could maybe squeeze a 42.5 stroke shock.  I would have thought they would have given this 917 a little longer reach and steepened the seat tube based on current trends. . It's like they took the front half of the 911 front triangle geometry and messed with the seat tube and rear triangle to make this one.

RobinRLS

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 01:16:48 AM »
Hello guys, I'm new on this forum but I read it for a pretty long time now because I build and ride Chinese frames since 6 years now.
The last one was a Hongfu FM258 that I loved, but unfortunatelly it was stolen on my car. I found a KTM Scarp Sonic to replace it for this (strange) season, but it doesn't give me the same pleasure as the Hongfu, and my addiction for full black frames has resurfaced  ;D
So I was looking for a new one, with a much modern geometry than the Hongfu, and the LCFS917 caught my eye despite the little information we can find about him.
So I tried my luck without conviction, by sending an email to LightCarbon, and I was pleasantly surprised when they replied that I could indeed buy this frame !
For the moment I have paid the deposite, and the frame should be ready end of October. I will give you update at this moment and make a little review of it of course.

(Sorry for my English, I am a French guy and I know that we are not known for our level in foreign languages  ;) )
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 01:20:09 AM by RobinRLS »

carbonazza

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2020, 03:26:00 PM »
... the frame should be ready end of October...
(Sorry for my English, I am a French guy and I know that we are not known for our level in foreign languages  ;) )

I look forward for your build ! What BB type were available ?
No worries for your English, most seem to understand us ;D

RobinRLS

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2020, 05:25:42 AM »
I have asked for a BSA but it is only available in pressfit BB92. Not really a problem for me, I find the Sram Dub BB92 not so bad and pretty cheap.

Cerps

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2020, 10:44:06 PM »
I would recommend ordering a couple extra derailleur hangers and spares of all the suspension bolts. The parts aren't too expensive but the shipping will add up and you'll eliminate any downtime

Cerps

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2020, 10:58:00 PM »
I just noticed that LightCarbon has some lcfs917 teasers on their home page.  They have a rendering of the above Development & Design part way down on the left.  And the bike behind the "About us" and "Contact Us" is a fully built and ridden LCFS917.  It's interesting that they have it built up with what looks like a DVO Sapphire and piggy back DVO topaz shock.  Never would have guessed it would fit a piggyback.

bruto

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2020, 03:33:50 AM »

carbonazza

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2020, 05:42:18 AM »

Ok, ok, now that we know it is very nice and nicely equipped.
How much does it weight ? ;)

Do you have other sides pictures ?
I'm going to go blue as well.

bruto

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2020, 08:40:08 AM »
not mine, this picture is from LC's site, as mentioned by the previous poster

Cerps

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2020, 09:37:03 PM »
I followed a link in the LCFS947 thread and ended up at some site in the Netherlands. LCFS917 looks to be available there. Jmcarbonframe.nl

RobinRLS

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2020, 12:50:39 AM »
A little update of my order for this frame, it is finally ready to ship ! I bought an extra derailleur hanger but I don't take a spare kit of bolts because it is $100 and I never had to replace a bolt on a frame.
Here is a picture they sent to me, it looks pretty good with the UD glossy finish I have asked.

carbonazza

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2020, 02:19:46 AM »
A little update of my order for this frame, it is finally ready to ship ! I bought an extra derailleur hanger but I don't take a spare kit of bolts because it is $100 and I never had to replace a bolt on a frame.
Here is a picture they sent to me, it looks pretty good with the UD glossy finish I have asked.
Is it BB92 or bigger ?