Author Topic: Carbonda FM909  (Read 117983 times)

Pedaldancer

Re: Carbonda FM909
« Reply #180 on: December 06, 2021, 02:18:49 AM »
€ 29,54  46%de DESCUENTO | ELITA ONE-tija de sillín de fibra de carbono para bicicleta de montaña y carretera, pieza mate UD, 27,2/30,9/31,6mm
https://a.aliexpress.com/_v2XYzG

I would be careful with elita. I have exactly this design with more material around the screwing for my gravel. For this usage it works very nice, also i am flyweight.  But there are a lot complains about broken Elita seatposts. Although this is referring mostly to the design with less carbon on the clamping.

carbonazza

« Reply #181 on: December 06, 2021, 05:25:04 AM »
I would be careful with elita. I have exactly this design with more material around the screwing for my gravel. For this usage it works very nice, also i am flyweight.  But there are a lot complains about broken Elita seatposts. Although this is referring mostly to the design with less carbon on the clamping.

Thanks for the information.
I did notice some wear of my Elita seatpost on a Canyon Ultimate where the inner clamping presses.
And changed it. I will check more regularly that part then.

Seba MTB

« Reply #182 on: December 06, 2021, 06:25:30 AM »
Thanks for the information.
I did notice some wear of my Elita seatpost on a Canyon Ultimate where the inner clamping presses.
And changed it. I will check more regularly that part then.

Unfortunately, I have already ordered. I weigh 68 kg, maybe it will last :)

Pedaldancer

« Reply #183 on: December 06, 2021, 06:32:04 AM »
Unfortunately, I have already ordered. I weigh 68 kg, maybe it will last :)

Give it a try.  That's definitely not heavy. If it works it is great deal. I am below that value.. and use it for 4000km now. Since I am not really good in bunny hopping it gets quite some mechanical shocks when I use the bike lanes in the city.

@carbonazza : what kind of wear out did you see? I am curious, because I only heard about issues.

d3xophen

« Reply #184 on: December 09, 2021, 11:46:17 AM »
I'm waiting for a photos of internal cable routing thru handlebar and headset. and some photos?

dolemitesc

« Reply #185 on: December 10, 2021, 09:04:05 AM »
Received my un-painted XL FM909 11/26/21, ordered 10/23/21, after being on reserve since since 9/8/21. 1973g with rear axle, no shock, no headset.  Box was damage in transit, but frame arrived unscathed.  Working on painting first and then looking forward to my first new bike build since 1997 :'(

Seba MTB

« Reply #186 on: December 11, 2021, 04:25:01 AM »
Hello!

Question: I will try to buy RockShox Deluxe Nude RLC3 trunnion. Do I need to buy shock bushing 8x30mm or are they included with the shock?

Julian

« Reply #187 on: December 11, 2021, 08:15:42 AM »
As requested by PM, here some linkage analysis.

If anyone has a vector diagram of this frame, I can provide more accurate results :)

Pedaldancer

« Reply #188 on: December 11, 2021, 10:02:45 AM »
 ;) Christmas came early this year.

I think I have everything, but 2cm more spacer. Already ordered.
The color is amazing. When you are very close you the blue and carbon are visible.  In the Light it's then really blue. Otherwise it appears very dark. So it's a effect for the rider  ;D.  For chameleon effects I always think it's an effect only others see, but the rider always sees one color.
I already attached frame protectors.. will then start with the routing of hoses tonight. 8)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 10:08:38 AM by Pedaldancer »

Seba MTB

« Reply #189 on: December 11, 2021, 10:11:35 AM »

The color is amazing. When you are very close you der the blue and carbon. In the Light it's then really blue. Otherwise it appears very dark.
I already attached frame protectors.. will then start with the routing of hoses tonight. 8)

Nice!!! Can't wait for my frame.
Damper is DT Swiss R232 ONE? I'm thinking about it too (or Rockshox NUDE). Did you have to buy shock bushing 8x30mm or had them with the damper (or frame)?

d3xophen

« Reply #190 on: December 11, 2021, 11:19:09 AM »

The color is amazing. When you are very close you the blue and carbon are visible.  In the Light it's then really blue. Otherwise it appears very dark. So it's a effect for the rider  ;D.  For chameleon effects I always think it's an effect only others see, but the rider always sees one color.

Cant wait to see final photos.. Yes, the color, chameleon effect is amazing..

Pedaldancer

« Reply #191 on: December 11, 2021, 11:45:08 AM »
Oh this was a bit misleading from my side.
The blue is not chameleon. I just wanted to say,chameleon is something you see from distance but not when you are very close. The blue raw is the other way around.

Yes I had to buy bushes. And yes it's the r232. I wanted remote and SID is not available in remote version for private persons.

the.Capt

« Reply #192 on: December 11, 2021, 11:55:49 AM »
As requested by PM, here some linkage analysis.

If anyone has a vector diagram of this frame, I can provide more accurate results :)

Thank you Julian. 

It looks like this frame has a old VPP leverage ratio.  Not sure if that is good or bad. - https://linkagedesign.blogspot.com/2016/05/santa-cruz-tallboy-2017.html

Are you able to tell if this frame would fit a longer 45mm stroke shock for a bit more travel?

Julian

« Reply #193 on: December 11, 2021, 12:17:35 PM »
Thank you Julian. 

It looks like this frame has a old VPP leverage ratio.  Not sure if that is good or bad. - https://linkagedesign.blogspot.com/2016/05/santa-cruz-tallboy-2017.html

Are you able to tell if this frame would fit a longer 45mm stroke shock for a bit more travel?

True, the leverage ratio is all but modern. It seems that the older FM936 is more up to date there.

Both have the same suspension design though, single pivot with flex stays.

I tried a 45mm in the software and it seems that the rear triangle will collide with the seat tube at full travel...

But again, all this is based on a not perfectly accurate diagram.

numberzero

« Reply #194 on: December 11, 2021, 02:09:23 PM »
True, the leverage ratio is all but modern. It seems that the older FM936 is more up to date there.
What do you mean by a "modern" leverage ratio.
How the suspension of this one will work compared to the FM936 if they're buillt with the same shock?