Author Topic: Carbonda FM909  (Read 117974 times)

carbonazza

Re: Carbonda FM909
« Reply #210 on: December 14, 2021, 09:03:00 AM »
...If you feel better...
Would you show your purple color? I am curious

Thanks! I feel so much better.

Here are some pictures of my FM936
http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,2079.msg26737.html#msg26737

I didn't want it purplish
And didn't want the bottom in black either ( although I may have contributed to make that mistake ).

But it ride fast and nicely, and many people tell me it looks great, so I forgot about it, until your pictures  ;)

Pedaldancer

« Reply #211 on: December 14, 2021, 11:19:51 AM »
Thanks! I feel so much better.

Here are some pictures of my FM936
http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,2079.msg26737.html#msg26737

I didn't want it purplish
And didn't want the bottom in black either ( although I may have contributed to make that mistake ).

But it ride fast and nicely, and many people tell me it looks great, so I forgot about it, until your pictures  ;)

;D well your colour looks also great. It could be worse... you could be bound to weird colors of a bike company.
But I know it's weird.. it's custom and then it's not as imagined.  I styled my black purple shimmer with purple gold chameleon bar tape and added a  a bunch of golden Decals. Maybe it's an option for you to add some blue decals. That's also an open point for my 909. I was thinking of brushed copper but I am struggling to find a material with sufficient adhesion properties. Other option would be a gold shade,  the last option would be picking up the color of the SID decals... this usually fails, since you never get exactly the same shade.

azuzu501

« Reply #212 on: December 15, 2021, 01:50:41 AM »
Hello everyone!

Can you please tell me how you can install a non-trunion shock absorber in this frame? I have a fox dps and I'm not sure if it is possible to carve the necessary adapters and install a shock absorber

Thanks!

FullCarbonAlchemist

« Reply #213 on: December 15, 2021, 02:02:10 AM »
Hello everyone!

Can you please tell me how you can install a non-trunion shock absorber in this frame? I have a fox dps and I'm not sure if it is possible to carve the necessary adapters and install a shock absorber

Thanks!

You can’t. The lengths are different and although adapters do exist, they create a substantial new point of failure in a high stress mounting point. I’ve seen more than a few broken, and trying to adapt the different sizes will mess with the bike’s geometry.

The closest shock sizes to a 185x55 with comparable stroke would be a 200x57 legacy size (rare in current shock models) or 210x55 metric. You can see where a 15-25mm difference in length would be a problem.

azuzu501

« Reply #214 on: December 15, 2021, 02:05:44 AM »
You can’t. The lengths are different and although adapters do exist, they create a substantial new point of failure in a high stress mounting point. I’ve seen more than a few broken, and trying to adapt the different sizes will mess with the bike’s geometry.

The closest shock sizes to a 185x55 with comparable stroke would be a 200x57 legacy size (rare in current shock models) or 210x55 metric. You can see where a 15-25mm difference in length would be a problem.

Hello! Thank you very much for your answer!

Did I understand you correctly: my 165x38 non-trunion shock will not fit into this frame and I need to look for another one? (

Pedaldancer

« Reply #215 on: December 15, 2021, 03:52:40 AM »

Did I understand you correctly: my 165x38 non-trunion shock will not fit into this frame and I need to look for another one? (

Go along with the spec and take the correct trunnion shock.. Also you lose travel by this kind of hack. Even if you could fit the non trunnion with an adapter solution

azuzu501

« Reply #216 on: December 15, 2021, 04:01:43 AM »
Go along with the spec and take the correct trunnion shock.. Also you lose travel by this kind of hack. Even if you could fit the non trunnion with an adapter solution

Thanks a lot! I would like a shock absorber that has a 2-position remote lock to match it with my lefty ocho, but there are no such shock absorbers anywhere (

I need a trunnion with remote locking for 2 positions and I do not see such options on sale (

If anyone has any further suggestions on this, I will be glad to hear from you about possible options.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #217 on: December 15, 2021, 04:47:56 AM »
Thanks a lot! I would like a shock absorber that has a 2-position remote lock to match it with my lefty ocho, but there are no such shock absorbers anywhere (

I need a trunnion with remote locking for 2 positions and I do not see such options on sale (

If anyone has any further suggestions on this, I will be glad to hear from you about possible options.

..... well the dt swiss 232 has 3 positions. If you skip the middle one this may work. But you need to check the spec for the lockout. Dt swiss needs 11mm in the lockout cable.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 04:55:00 AM by Pedaldancer »

wfl3

« Reply #218 on: December 15, 2021, 05:57:40 AM »

It should work with one of these:  https://www.dirtlabs.com/products/copy-of-trek-trunnion-mount-adapter-kit

It's not an ideal solution, but should work - at least for a while depending on your riding style.  The FM936 uses the same size shock as the FM909 and if you look thru the FM936 thread you'll see posts about using this setup.

UseiB

« Reply #219 on: December 16, 2021, 01:59:31 PM »
Could someone please tell me how long the rear brake hose needs to be for this frame. Thanks a lot

dolemitesc

« Reply #220 on: December 17, 2021, 05:56:57 AM »
Found this after removing the black primer.  Anyone know what it is?  Looks like maybe a tag or something?  It is embedded in a rather thick layer of un-reinforced epoxy in the downtube.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #221 on: December 18, 2021, 12:33:39 PM »
Found this after removing the black primer.  Anyone know what it is?  Looks like maybe a tag or something?  It is embedded in a rather thick layer of un-reinforced epoxy in the downtube.

Sorry I already put frame protection on the bottom. I don't remember something like this, but I didn't explicitly check for stuff like this.
Ask your contact?

My dust cap will probably take a while.. this time tracking does not show movement of the parcel.

rollo

« Reply #222 on: December 20, 2021, 02:13:29 AM »
Got some picture of my XL size frame for you.
Waiting for delivery now  :)

Seba MTB

« Reply #223 on: December 20, 2021, 07:41:31 AM »
Got some picture of my XL size frame for you.
Waiting for delivery now  :)

Nice! bianchi colours :)

Seba MTB

« Reply #224 on: December 20, 2021, 07:48:58 AM »
mine also painted