Author Topic: Carbonda FM909  (Read 121045 times)

RobinRLS

Re: Carbonda FM909
« Reply #285 on: January 21, 2022, 02:28:55 AM »
Yon can apply 3M 2228 tape, it is pretty thick and protects well from stone impacts.

rollo

« Reply #286 on: January 21, 2022, 03:18:27 AM »
Yon can apply 3M 2228 tape, it is pretty thick and protects well from stone impacts.

This is what I did. Made good experience with previous bikes

Seba MTB

« Reply #289 on: January 21, 2022, 05:28:39 AM »
Looks like being bullet proofed  ;D
Kind of :), but looks nice. I am also thinking about the usual foil. I have an original one on my previous bike and it protects very well, and it is practically invisible. Look at pictures.
Something like that:
https://thetrail.pl/produkt/xc-pro/

C4rbon

« Reply #290 on: January 21, 2022, 07:24:17 AM »
Thanks, will check out those options. Still waiting for my frame to ship. Wing said this week, hopefully I get a tracking number soon. Have everything for the build aside from the frame and wheels!

Pedaldancer

« Reply #291 on: January 21, 2022, 04:43:29 PM »
I used 3M scotchquard paint protection for the upper part, closer to bottom bracket and below I used a rubber. Unfortunately the rubber is not sticking perfectly,  but for now it's okay.

andoniarriaga

« Reply #292 on: January 22, 2022, 05:00:10 AM »
FM909 It looks a bit like the Santa Cruz Blur?

https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/es-ES/bikes/blur

rollo

« Reply #293 on: January 24, 2022, 03:11:40 AM »
Assembly finished, first ride is waiting for better weather  ;D

10,8kg in XL Size

Remarks:
Magura 4 piston caliper with 180mm Rotor in the rear requires filing action at the caliper otherwise it will not fit
Rear axle is too long as many others already mentioned, seems to be systematic problem
Lower Bolt for shock mounting is too short, shock does not move any longer when screw is tightened
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 03:34:53 AM by rollo »

Seba MTB

« Reply #294 on: January 24, 2022, 04:56:03 AM »
Assembly finished, first ride is waiting for better weather  ;D

10,8kg in XL Size

Remarks:
Magura 4 piston caliper with 180mm Rotor in the rear requires filing action at the caliper otherwise it will not fit
Rear axle is too long as many others already mentioned, seems to be systematic problem
Lower Bolt for shock mounting is too short, shock does not move any longer when screw is tightened

Nice!
Do you know your chain line in the crankset and size of chainring?

rollo

« Reply #295 on: January 24, 2022, 05:13:18 AM »
Nice!
Do you know your chain line in the crankset and size of chainring?

That was indeed not an easy thing...
e13 is mentioning a 52mm chainline for boost frames with this crankset.
I bought the crankset "used" comming with a 34T chainring with -5mm offset.
The bottom bracket required a spacer of 2,5mm according manual at chainring side.
Using the 2,5mm spacer the spindle was too short, crankset only moved very hard.
So I did not use 2,5mm spacer as also e13 XCX manual mentioned not to use the spacer.
I am a fan of oval chainring therefore I have ordered a boost chainring 32T but the chainline did significantly degrade.
Finally the chainring supplier recommended a non boost chainring with -5mm offset which was much better in regards
to the chainline but the chainring was slightly touching the frame.
I remembered myself to the 2,5mm spacer for the bottom bracket and grinded one of them to 1mm.
Now there is space between frame and chainring of about 1mm.
This is best I could achieve, let´s see how it works in reality.

Seba MTB

« Reply #296 on: January 24, 2022, 05:53:58 AM »
That was indeed not an easy thing...
e13 is mentioning a 52mm chainline for boost frames with this crankset.
I bought the crankset "used" comming with a 34T chainring with -5mm offset.
The bottom bracket required a spacer of 2,5mm according manual at chainring side.
Using the 2,5mm spacer the spindle was too short, crankset only moved very hard.
So I did not use 2,5mm spacer as also e13 XCX manual mentioned not to use the spacer.
I am a fan of oval chainring therefore I have ordered a boost chainring 32T but the chainline did significantly degrade.
Finally the chainring supplier recommended a non boost chainring with -5mm offset which was much better in regards
to the chainline but the chainring was slightly touching the frame.
I remembered myself to the 2,5mm spacer for the bottom bracket and grinded one of them to 1mm.
Now there is space between frame and chainring of about 1mm.
This is best I could achieve, let´s see how it works in reality.
Complicated  8)
I'm going to buy SLX m8100 with 52 mm chainline. Have 34T chainring, will check if it fits - if not- will use 32T. Problem is, that I will use non boost wheels with boost adapter for now. Let's see how it will perform.

rollo

« Reply #297 on: January 24, 2022, 06:01:15 AM »
Complicated  8)
I'm going to buy SLX m8100 with 52 mm chainline. Have 34T chainring, will check if it fits - if not- will use 32T. Problem is, that I will use non boost wheels with boost adapter for now. Let's see how it will perform.

Ok, same chainline as the XCX.
The 34T chainring which came with the crankset had no problem with the frame.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 06:46:08 AM by rollo »

C4rbon

« Reply #298 on: January 24, 2022, 08:28:14 AM »
Hmm, what are you doing to replace the short shock bolt?

rollo

« Reply #299 on: January 24, 2022, 09:43:23 AM »
Hmm, what are you doing to replace the short shock bolt?

Make a new one! ;)
And of course starting a complaint at Carbonda, it seems that others have received a bolt which fits.

I have ordered a second hanger as a spare but it is impossible to screw in the rear axle.
The opening of the hanger is smaller than the thread in the hanger  ::)
Seems Carbonda has some serious issues with their suppliers QC
I raised a complaint for this one, too.