Author Topic: Velobuild VB-R-168 Frame  (Read 201162 times)

minisergium

Re: Velobuild VB-R-168 Frame
« Reply #255 on: July 11, 2021, 12:00:26 PM »

Beautiful! Does handlebar include computer mount?

wijmaar

« Reply #256 on: July 11, 2021, 12:01:35 PM »
Beautiful! Does handlebar include computer mount?

I ordered it separately.

Mattias

« Reply #257 on: July 11, 2021, 12:28:27 PM »
Is anyone running 140mm on front? Looks like I need to use the 160mm adapter..

Edit: nvm my dumb ass probably overlooked the double orientation of the adapter

Nope they sent me one frame of two I bought from them and now they said the will sent the second one ASAP which I doubt about it!!

1Sigma

« Reply #258 on: July 12, 2021, 05:14:34 PM »
Hi Mattias,

I am sure they will send it. Velobuild is pretty reputable
Better than average - Extra Average

jokage

« Reply #259 on: July 12, 2021, 09:59:10 PM »
Ugh. The more I saw the builds, the more I can't wait for my frame which is... still awaiting shipping.
Finally. Mine is being shipped just now  ;D

Mattias

« Reply #260 on: July 13, 2021, 11:04:43 AM »
Finally. Mine is being shipped just now  ;D

Chris just texted me and he confirmed, the 2nd frame was sent out already, let's see!!

fcs01

« Reply #261 on: July 14, 2021, 02:51:27 AM »
Chris just informed me that DPD is not available for shipping to the UK since mid june, and therefore EMS will be used.
Does anyone have experience with it, in terms of shipping time and duties+vat?

kjfekfrekgnr

« Reply #262 on: July 14, 2021, 03:12:02 AM »
Chris just informed me that DPD is not available for shipping to the UK since mid june, and therefore EMS will be used.

My order was shipped mid June, but via DPD because Chris said EMS wasn't working at that time - the opposite of you. But mine took about 2 weeks from the shipping email to receiving. The tracking between China to UK didn't show anything, only when DPD-UK received it I could see tracking, it took 1 day from them receiving to delivery. I didn't pay any additional duties/tax

vasnd

« Reply #263 on: July 15, 2021, 04:22:55 PM »
How did you guys do the cable routing towards the front derailleur port? I can't see any logical solution to getting the outer cables joined to the little cable box thingy. I do have an inner cable in place. BB is already in place so I can't position it from the bottom.

curvenut

« Reply #264 on: July 16, 2021, 10:09:29 AM »
Hi,

What is the weight of the frame with the handle bar and fork ?
It is not shown on velobuild.

Thanks

Pigdog

« Reply #265 on: July 16, 2021, 07:45:15 PM »
Correct, they don't offer a completely raw carbon frame as they are all coated.

In the end I've gone with a very similar paint job to Wijmaar with chameleon purple fading down to gloss black. Should be receiving my mock-up of the paint job later today.

I wanted to custom paint mine and wanted to be able to inspect the carbon, and so made a special request for the raw carbon frame. It was no issue and I even got it super fast. Carbon looks well done as well.

jokage

« Reply #266 on: July 16, 2021, 10:47:01 PM »
I wanted to custom paint mine and wanted to be able to inspect the carbon, and so made a special request for the raw carbon frame. It was no issue and I even got it super fast. Carbon looks well done as well.

That's reassuring, and it's great to know that there's such option. It's a good solution if we want to custom paint but we are not sure about the paint we will get, or care too much about the color code like a certain post I find on reddit.

Take a look at the R-177 thread in this forum. It seems that it took only 3 days and no extra fee to the UK through EMS HK.

AngelDust

« Reply #267 on: July 17, 2021, 09:40:57 PM »
Hi,

What is the weight of the frame with the handle bar and fork ?
It is not shown on velobuild.

Thanks

i have red in the previous pages that his frame comes around 1100 and fork around 470
but chris told me the frame should be 970 and 420 for fork

i already order mine and still waiting to shipped
is anyone else measure them after received it?

curvenut

« Reply #268 on: July 18, 2021, 12:32:34 PM »
Hi guys,

Question about this frame,  do the bottom of the frame,  under the bottom bracket,
does it have a smal hole to let the water sip in case some water get into the fram when riding in rain or when washing the bike ?

vasnd

« Reply #269 on: July 18, 2021, 02:52:42 PM »
Hi guys,

Question about this frame,  do the bottom of the frame,  under the bottom bracket,
does it have a smal hole to let the water sip in case some water get into the fram when riding in rain or when washing the bike ?
Yes, there is a small hole in the bottom of the frame.