Author Topic: Velobuild VB-R-168 Frame  (Read 201028 times)

curvenut

Re: Velobuild VB-R-168 Frame
« Reply #615 on: September 22, 2021, 09:46:03 PM »
Of course  ;) ;)

The futures evolutions will be to change:

I should win 250gr

Tahnks for the table very interesting !!

What is the currency of the price of your table ?

Natas

« Reply #616 on: September 23, 2021, 01:47:50 AM »
Tahnks for the table very interesting !!

What is the currency of the price of your table ?

It's difficult to give you a precise price, because a lot of parts come from my previous build or second hand.

PartsPrice
Kit VB R 168599€
Wheelset AR465 Flyweight1247€
Tires CONTINENTAL GP 500090€
Brakes Juin Tech GT F220€
Brake Discs ASHIMA Ai240€
Saddle TUNE Speedneedle180€
Pedals Chinese SPEEDPLAY Titanium70€
Groupset mix of SRAM≃ 650€

Thus in this configuration, little bit more of 3000€

stmbike

« Reply #617 on: September 23, 2021, 02:29:01 AM »
Hello all,

Chris told me yesterday that my frame is finished, but we have to wait for the stem, I hope he can ship all on monday.
This is mine: http://www.velobuild.com/products/vb-r-168-light-weight-carbon-road-bike-frame-pearl-white-glossy

Can't wait for it :( ... hope the shipping will be fast.

GilardiRT

« Reply #618 on: September 23, 2021, 03:53:25 AM »
Hello all,

Chris told me yesterday that my frame is finished, but we have to wait for the stem, I hope he can ship all on monday.
This is mine: http://www.velobuild.com/products/vb-r-168-light-weight-carbon-road-bike-frame-pearl-white-glossy

Can't wait for it :( ... hope the shipping will be fast.
mine will arrive in a couple of days, I've order it the 27 august

curvenut

« Reply #619 on: September 23, 2021, 06:47:26 AM »
It's difficult to give you a precise price, because a lot of parts come from my previous build or second hand.

PartsPrice
Kit VB R 168599€
Wheelset AR465 Flyweight1247€
Tires CONTINENTAL GP 500090€
Brakes Juin Tech GT F220€
Brake Discs ASHIMA Ai240€
Saddle TUNE Speedneedle180€
Pedals Chinese SPEEDPLAY Titanium70€
Groupset mix of SRAM≃ 650€

Thus in this configuration, little bit more of 3000€

Thanks.   
I was asking because in your original table,   you wrote Cadre Velobuild VBR168:    1225

I was wondering why the frame cost so much : 1225

OlieSimpson

« Reply #620 on: September 23, 2021, 08:32:13 AM »

Thanks.   
I was asking because in your original table,   you wrote Cadre Velobuild VBR168:    1225

I was wondering why the frame cost so much : 1225

That table shows the weight of items in grams, not the cost  :)

I've just spent a bit more time weighing mine and checking what was included in the delivery, and the breakdown is attached for reference. Note that my frame is a size small (52) and is gloss painted. I would assume a simple UD matte finish would come in a bit lighter.

In my spares bag I had 1x rear derailleur hanger inc. bolt, 2x rear axle threaded inserts and 1x front axle threaded insert (charged additional $5 USD), 2x large plastic computer mount spacers (around 6mm long), 1x small computer mount spacer (around 3mm long).Would have liked a few more extras but hey ho.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 08:39:00 AM by OlieSimpson »

curvenut

« Reply #621 on: September 23, 2021, 11:18:06 AM »
That table shows the weight of items in grams, not the cost  :)

I've just spent a bit more time weighing mine and checking what was included in the delivery, and the breakdown is attached for reference. Note that my frame is a size small (52) and is gloss painted. I would assume a simple UD matte finish would come in a bit lighter.

In my spares bag I had 1x rear derailleur hanger inc. bolt, 2x rear axle threaded inserts and 1x front axle threaded insert (charged additional $5 USD), 2x large plastic computer mount spacers (around 6mm long), 1x small computer mount spacer (around 3mm long).Would have liked a few more extras but hey ho.

LOL  ;D ;D

That make sense for the weight .

I guess the price is more important for me !
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 11:20:11 AM by curvenut »

simonk

« Reply #622 on: September 25, 2021, 11:54:40 AM »
Hi everyone! I was very close to finishing the build today. All was left was the press fit bottom bracket. As I don’t have a tool, I used a bolt, nuts and washers. However, as I was pushing it in, the bracket was misaligned and now it crooked. I do not know how to realign it. Do I need to remove it and try again? If so, how do I remove it without damaging the frame? I heard I need to hit it quite hard and im afraid it might crack the frame.
Thanks!

olajosgatya

« Reply #623 on: September 25, 2021, 01:32:04 PM »
Hi everyone! I was very close to finishing the build today. All was left was the press fit bottom bracket. As I don’t have a tool, I used a bolt, nuts and washers. However, as I was pushing it in, the bracket was misaligned and now it crooked. I do not know how to realign it. Do I need to remove it and try again? If so, how do I remove it without damaging the frame? I heard I need to hit it quite hard and im afraid it might crack the frame.
Thanks!

The tolerances for the press fit bbs are tight. I would definitely take them out to check if any of sides developed a hairline crack. Just to ease my mind.

I still remember vividly the first time I had to take out a press fit bb from a carbon frame. I only used a small force with a rubber hammer and the bb was not moving at all. Then I googled a lot and realised I need to put in some decent force to push out the cups. It was nerve wrecking.

I have used a similar tool to this one:
https://www.parktool.com/product/press-fit-bottom-bracket-bearing-tool-set-bbt-90-3

renrew

« Reply #624 on: September 25, 2021, 03:19:13 PM »
Thanks!

It's not as bad as you think ..
1st mistake
you have to press in the bearings one after the other, not both at the same time.
If you have greased it, now with the hammer (rubber) a piece of wood and hit on the protruding side so that it is straight ... that's okay. There are no cracks

curvenut

« Reply #625 on: September 25, 2021, 04:28:22 PM »
Thanks!

hope you will be able to correcct it !

the BB press fit is the main reason i am still hesitating to buy this frame !!!
Threaded is so simple are full proof

simonk

« Reply #626 on: September 25, 2021, 04:55:13 PM »
Ok small update.

I was able to remove one side of the bracket and realign the other side. Gonna try to press the part that I've realigned and then press the other. I'll let you know what happens.

Thank you all for your tips!

simonk

« Reply #627 on: September 25, 2021, 07:34:52 PM »
I finally did it! I was sweating bullets but managed to tighten it correctly. I heard three loud bangs that scared me a little but I believe nothing was damaged

OlieSimpson

« Reply #628 on: September 26, 2021, 02:13:56 AM »
hope you will be able to correcct it !

the BB press fit is the main reason i am still hesitating to buy this frame !!!
Threaded is so simple are full proof

Just get one of these, it's a BB86 press fit bottom bracket, however the BB shell threads into itself, so works in the same way as a normal threaded BB. Problem solved.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLzfSFV

simonk

« Reply #629 on: September 26, 2021, 12:01:02 PM »
Just get one of these, it's a BB86 press fit bottom bracket, however the BB shell threads into itself, so works in the same way as a normal threaded BB. Problem solved.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLzfSFV

Omg, wish I had known about that before hand