Author Topic: Lexon "Riot 10"  (Read 40621 times)

escyb

Re: Lexon "Riot 10"
« Reply #135 on: June 01, 2022, 10:54:24 AM »
A compression headset came with the frame, however I installed my old headset (with a few cheap carbon spacers I got off Amazon) since I'm using my old fork that has a starnut.  This is going to change, I've just purchased the Granite Stash multi-tool that will go in the steerer tube.  I looked at OneUp but the only version I that would work is the original EDC tool that requires the steerer tube to be threaded.     

I m using the Granite Design Stash as well. Love it to bits!

RongGearRob

« Reply #136 on: June 01, 2022, 02:50:37 PM »
I m using the Granite Design Stash as well. Love it to bits!
Good to hear, I spent quite awhile trying to determine which tool would work best for my set up. I also got the Granite chain break, hoping they fit in my carbon bars OK and the frame carrier strap for tube, levers and C02.   Did you get the chain break tool as well and if so any how's the fit in your handlebars?

Silverado123

« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2022, 08:32:53 PM »
Did you not care for the EDC Lite steer tube tool? I have one on order.

escyb

« Reply #138 on: June 02, 2022, 04:15:27 AM »
Good to hear, I spent quite awhile trying to determine which tool would work best for my set up. I also got the Granite chain break, hoping they fit in my carbon bars OK and the frame carrier strap for tube, levers and C02.   Did you get the chain break tool as well and if so any how's the fit in your handlebars?

Whao! Thats quite a collection that you have! I have the ratchet toolkit and the bell. Chk out the bell, its fun!

RongGearRob

« Reply #139 on: June 02, 2022, 10:29:38 AM »
Whao! Thats quite a collection that you have! I have the ratchet toolkit and the bell. Chk out the bell, its fun!
I didn't see the bell, it looks pretty cool..."gotta have more cowbell"

RongGearRob

« Reply #140 on: June 02, 2022, 10:36:21 AM »
Did you not care for the EDC Lite steer tube tool? I have one on order.
I checked out all of the EDC offerings, but my steerer tube length is just a little too short for the LITE and V2 at 800-805mm per their compatibility requirements.  Hopefully the Granite will work in my RS Reba, I saw PinkBike was able to use it in a SID fork so I figured it would work in the Reba as well...If not I might have to go with the original EDC tool.

Silverado123

« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2022, 04:30:40 PM »
My frame arrived today and in good shape. Overall pleased with the craftsmanship. It came with two chainstay protectors which is an unexpected surprise. The biggest suprise is that the headset is a semi integrated headset.  Very unusual for these types of frames but its cool. I am hoping my Cane Creek InLine fits as its far superior to this Rock Shox shock.
When things get built up ill post

RongGearRob

« Reply #142 on: June 19, 2022, 11:34:47 AM »
My frame arrived today and in good shape. Overall pleased with the craftsmanship. It came with two chainstay protectors which is an unexpected surprise. The biggest suprise is that the headset is a semi integrated headset.  Very unusual for these types of frames but its cool. I am hoping my Cane Creek InLine fits as its far superior to this Rock Shox shock.
When things get built up ill post
Congrats on getting the frame.  The frame protection - downtube and chain stay - that came with my frame was a nice add-on, not top end but good to have nonetheless.  I also supplemented with 3M tape in a couple areas and Ride Wrap, which I highly recommend for more protection from normal wear and use. 

Regarding the semi integrated headset, I had to purchase a headset press to set the cups in the frame, I tried the DIY version and it wouldn't set the cups evenly.

Finally, I received the Granite Stash multi-tool, chainbreak and strap,  all good quality and installed relatively easily. Fortunately I haven't had to use the multi-tool or chainbreak for any repairs as of yet.  The strap is on my upper downtube above the water bottle cage, inside the triangle, holding a tube, 2 Pedros tire levers, 2 CO2 cartridges and a CO2 nozzle threaded onto one of the cartridges. I've done multiple rides and everything is secure. All I'm waiting for is my CamelBak Podium Flow Hydration belt to carry an extra water bottle and my phone plus some snacks and my bike will be all set from a what to carry and where perspective. Trying to go as minimal as possible for the summer heat.

Good luck with the build!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 11:36:55 AM by RongGearRob »

Silverado123

« Reply #143 on: June 27, 2022, 08:28:44 AM »
What size shock hardware are you guys using? 22.2 for body and shaft is what the website says, is that correct?

Caseven

« Reply #144 on: June 29, 2022, 02:31:57 PM »
Lexon Riot Updates youtu.be/vW2uwHU_d7M

« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 03:02:37 PM by Caseven »

SVChucko

« Reply #145 on: June 30, 2022, 10:10:42 PM »
@Caseven, how do you like the Manitou Mara? I've got one on a TanTan FM10, still getting it dialed in.

Caseven

« Reply #146 on: July 02, 2022, 12:54:17 PM »
It works well but I would have liked this shock to be more rigid when it is locked, although in this mode and with this frame the contamination when pedaling is minimal.

uraberg

« Reply #147 on: July 06, 2022, 11:27:49 AM »
I had a bearing fail in the linkage. They're 8x19x6. The ones in there are not the greatest, they all feel quite notchy. I will just replace all of them.

FHS

« Reply #148 on: July 06, 2022, 01:19:43 PM »
Hi All,

Which package would you recommend for somebody looking to get started with a solid FS CC mtb? For under $1200ish, I could have the frame, a rear shock, dropper post, and handlebars. Maybe not the best componentry, but would it be dependable enough to start off on some green to blue single-track at least?

Thanks!

Silverado123

« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2022, 04:54:32 PM »
Hey guys l need your help. What shock mount hardware are you guys using? I have a standard, non-trunion Monarch RL. What l have isn't working.