Author Topic: Groupset News  (Read 48721 times)

Re: Groupset News
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2022, 01:08:34 PM »
L-TWOO hydraulic is finally here

Weights
2s Left Brifter: 301g
12s Right Brifter: 305g (can definitely be lighter because the brake lever is Alloy while the shift lever is Carbon)
Front Derailleur: 99g
12s Rear Derailleur (Alloy): 212g
12s Rear Derailleur (Carbon): 232g
Front Caliper incl. Hose: 160g
Rear Caliper incl. Hose: 178g

Aren't the weights for Alloy/Carbon swapped here? The Carbon one is heavier according to your description.

Also thank you for the pictures! Can't wait for a review, do we know what kind of hydraulic system they're using? Which fluid (mineral or dot) etc. Are the pads compatible with Shimano etc. So many questions!

kbike

« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2022, 01:59:31 PM »
Article highlights the best I could understand.  There is a lot covered with tons of pictures I suggest reading and correcting anything I posted.

He tested the aluminum 2x12

weighed the shifters and brakes
305g per shifter and 160/178g brakes

Brakes need improvement. Long shifter pull for brake engagement. I think he said hoses aren't as good as sram/shimano. Needs adapters to mount brakes even if using 140mm. Larger gap between pads so long lever pull needed. Needs more and/or harder finger pull than shimano. They plan to improve the hydraulic flow.

Shifting not as crisp as electronic. Think he was saying shift teeth ramps need improvement for better shifting on the cassette.

Shifters look shorter and narrower than 7020 but are much taller. He explains how ltwoo shifters work while being smaller than shimano.

The gravel derailleur needs better rebound but chain retention was good. The gravel kit is still in testing.

There will be limited amount of groupsets available which dealers will get first.

He believes there are improvements/changes they will be making.

« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2022, 02:25:18 PM »
Were they testing with Shimano/Sram cassette? If it's one of those aliexpress cassette (Sunshine, ztto, goldix etc.) shifting is always finicky, sometimes the cassette itself is loose (it's not riveted but screwed in with cheap screws. The ramps are bad etc.

Larger gap between pads does have an advantage though, usually results in less brake pad rubbing. Although if the throw is too long it might not be as responsive as Shimano brakes. I also did notice that using genuine hydraulic hose from shimano seems to be better than those cheap ones I found on Aliexpress for like a few quids per meter.

Again thanks for your hard work, hoping somebody like Trace Velo can review that groupset in the near future :)

RDY

« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2022, 08:47:34 AM »
I suspect it'll be a couple of months before this turns up on Ali.

« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2022, 10:01:32 AM »
China cycling just released a video about this groupset

Not that much technical info like installation/bleeding/is there a clutch on derailleur/etc but you do have the pricing.

I'm still not sure about the ergonomics... On one hand it looks like it can be easily be shifted from the drops, but the thumb lever looks a bit far to be used on the hoods.

00Garza

« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2022, 01:44:01 PM »
Nice! Just watched it. He did mention some kind of tensioner on the gravel rd. Not sure if its an actual clutch or a tensioner similar to Sensah. Price sounds pretty fantastic. I'll definitely be holding off on a gravel build until this gets on Ali...after the first wave of kinks are worked out.

cramy

« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2022, 04:15:14 AM »
prices are amazing

- 190 USD for 2x11 Alloy
- 260 USD for 2X11 Carbon
- 318 USD for 2x12 Carbon

In terms of weight we are close to a shimano 105

RDY

« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2022, 05:45:25 AM »
prices are amazing

- 190 USD for 2x11 Alloy
- 260 USD for 2X11 Carbon
- 318 USD for 2x12 Carbon

In terms of weight we are close to a shimano 105

Just remember home market pricing isn't RoW pricing.  In Japan Dura-Ace 12s cassettes barely break €200 ... EU they're typically €315-350.

RDY

« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2022, 08:13:10 AM »
Another pre-production WheelTop EDS review.  TLDR - seems pretty impressed with hardware, but thinks documentation and app need serious work.

maza

« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2022, 01:51:00 PM »
Do we know what freehub the LTWOO 12 speed gravel cassette will take?

avocadobike

« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2022, 06:33:48 PM »
im going to order an L-twoo set for my gravel build, do we know what cranks are suited to the system?

jcr

« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2022, 08:38:59 PM »
LTWoo's latest Promo video on their hydraulic groupset is on Youtube now. I can't seem to post the link?

StiffWeenies

Re: L-TWOO RX 2x12 road groupset
« Reply #117 on: November 22, 2022, 08:05:50 AM »
The lever / master cylinder / hose connection is what concerns me ... If it's good and reliable then likely little problem using a third party caliper, as you say.   But if it's poor or finicky, and I expect the first attempts to be really poor, then what's the point?  Could be totally wrong and some of them knock it out of the park on the first try ... We'll see.  Either way I'll be quite happy to leave behind €1500-5000 groupsets.

Re: Sensah I've no idea what their funding situation is.  But their strategy so far has clearly been stack them high and sell them cheap.  There's definitely money behind a couple of other Chinese companies working on electronic.

Someone just posted this video showing L-TWOO RX hydro levers connected to Onirii XR callipers, which are the FM version of M2 2-piston PM.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 08:38:16 AM by StiffWeenies »

RDY

« Reply #118 on: November 22, 2022, 12:11:04 PM »
Someone just posted this video showing L-TWOO RX hydro levers connected to Onirii XR callipers, which are the FM version of M2 2-piston PM.

More interested in whether their electronic stuff will play nice with Magura FM calipers :D  Or failing that Shimano.

Though I spoke to two SRAM dealers recently who are convinced that the new Red / Force AXS will move to mineral oil.  I'm not sure it'll happen personally, as I think SRAM want as much compatibility as possible, and there will be a lot of Rival AXS (DOT) and Red / Force XPLR (DOT) still on the market.  Standard Red and Force AXS are getting big clearance reductions atm ... Red particularly.  You can get the 2x gruppo without chainset for ~€1300 including VAT atm. 

Crash217

« Reply #119 on: November 22, 2022, 01:19:22 PM »
More interested in whether their electronic stuff will play nice with Magura FM calipers :D  Or failing that Shimano.

Though I spoke to two SRAM dealers recently who are convinced that the new Red / Force AXS will move to mineral oil.  I'm not sure it'll happen personally, as I think SRAM want as much compatibility as possible, and there will be a lot of Rival AXS (DOT) and Red / Force XPLR (DOT) still on the market.  Standard Red and Force AXS are getting big clearance reductions atm ... Red particularly.  You can get the 2x gruppo without chainset for ~€1300 including VAT atm.

I'm not sure I trust anything from anyone with fingernails like that...  :o