Author Topic: Groupset News  (Read 48712 times)

jonathanf2

Re: L-TWOO RX 2x12 road groupset
« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2022, 02:12:04 PM »
I'm not sure I trust anything from anyone with fingernails like that...  :o

In some cultures, it's supposed to be a sign of wealth if you have a long pinky nail.

Though I'm definitely in the camp of keeping my fingernails nice a trim!  ;D

00Garza

Re: Groupset News
« Reply #121 on: November 22, 2022, 02:35:30 PM »
Sensah has a new rear derailleur for the SRX group with a (supposedly) stronger clutch like chain tensioner. Anyone have more info on it?
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2271799817509238.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

jonathanf2

« Reply #122 on: November 22, 2022, 03:05:05 PM »
Sensah has a new rear derailleur for the SRX group with a (supposedly) stronger clutch like chain tensioner. Anyone have more info on it?
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2271799817509238.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

If you order, you should definitely confirm with the Sensah store that you will receive the new version. Recent reviews are showing people are getting the old one, but paying for the new RD prices. If that's the case you can order elsewhere for cheaper on AliEx.

avocadobike

« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2022, 09:28:14 PM »
I ordered the L-twoo 2x12 group set….. will post photos when it arrives in a month.

ChrisB

« Reply #124 on: November 24, 2022, 05:07:58 PM »

Had one on order that just arrived today, the new clutch looks good at first sight.
Will replace the original derailleur on my gravel bike to see how well it works in real life....

BR
Chris

StiffWeenies

« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2022, 12:43:58 PM »
Totally unsourced conjecture, but there is speculation that the L-TWOO RX 2x12 shifters share the same Shimano 11s Road pull ratios with the R9 2x11 and GR9 1x11. This means that Shimano 11s Road RDs (incl. Tiagra 4700 10s) can potentially be turned into 12s with a pair of L-TWOO 12s shifters.

It works! R7000 RD shifts 12 sprockets with RX levers

elmtree

« Reply #126 on: November 30, 2022, 02:10:11 PM »
For the ltwoo 12 speed, what kind of cassettes can be used? Will the fit in a normal hg freehub?

acedeuce802

« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2022, 02:51:35 PM »
Shimano 12 speed road cassettes and a few Chiner 12 speed cassettes on Aliexpress fit on a normal HG 11 speed road freehub. 

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #129 on: December 06, 2022, 10:07:12 AM »
Yeah, 510 for us here in the EU...

jonathanf2

« Reply #130 on: December 06, 2022, 11:09:27 AM »
Did they mention if they'll do the Ltwoo GRT hydraulic in 11 speed, like the road groupset?

Mechanical braking is one area that Ltwoo cut corners. I just set up the Ltwoo GR9 1x 11 speed gravel shifters on my road bike, and there is no way to adjust brake pull on the shifters unlike Shimano and even Sensah. Plus they're a bit clanky in-use. I have to admit though, Ltwoo campy style trigger shifting feels really good and shifts better than Sensah in my opinion.

kbike

« Reply #131 on: December 06, 2022, 05:09:29 PM »
I think the new rx has reach adjustment. I think it's like a 2mm screw on the front of the brake.  There is a rubber tab on the inside of the brake levers. It stops the shift lever from clattering but the lever does hang up on the rubber every so often.  This leaves the lever about 2-3mm unflush with the brake lever. I'm use to some texture on the shifter levelers.  They are very smooth other than the screen printed logo under the clear coat. 

The thumb shifter does take a firm push. I think it will be usable from the drops. The rubber hood feel nice and thick. Can see the mold seam and won't be felt.

Brakes have to use their adapters. there are 4 to choose from 140/160 and 160/180.  Tons of bolts. Compression bolt,olive and barb given.

My general feeling to the groupset is there are some very nicely done parts but I notice when there are corners cuts.

The front derailleur has cable guides.  Rear looks nice has a nicely done carbon front cage. There are two type of pulleys the lower one having a more wave design. Both derailleur still use cheaper materials and manufacturing.   

Haven't played with anything on a bike yet. I hope it does what I have planned.

Weights
Shifters 582g
Brakes with hoses and adapters 372g
Rear derailleur  218g
Front derailleur 108g

jonathanf2

« Reply #132 on: December 06, 2022, 06:28:00 PM »
I think the new rx has reach adjustment. I think it's like a 2mm screw on the front of the brake.  There is a rubber tab on the inside of the brake levers. It stops the shift lever from clattering but the lever does hang up on the rubber every so often.  This leaves the lever about 2-3mm unflush with the brake lever. I'm use to some texture on the shifter levelers.  They are very smooth other than the screen printed logo under the clear coat. 

The thumb shifter does take a firm push. I think it will be usable from the drops. The rubber hood feel nice and thick. Can see the mold seam and won't be felt.

Brakes have to use their adapters. there are 4 to choose from 140/160 and 160/180.  Tons of bolts. Compression bolt,olive and barb given.

My general feeling to the groupset is there are some very nicely done parts but I notice when there are corners cuts.

The front derailleur has cable guides.  Rear looks nice has a nicely done carbon front cage. There are two type of pulleys the lower one having a more wave design. Both derailleur still use cheaper materials and manufacturing.   

Haven't played with anything on a bike yet. I hope it does what I have planned.

Weights
Shifters 582g
Brakes with hoses and adapters 372g
Rear derailleur  218g
Front derailleur 108g

How's the spring look on the RX rear derailleur? The GR9 spring looks tiny compared to beefy coiled springs Shimano uses. Tension seems good on the GR9, but I'm wondering if that's one area Shimano just likes to over engineer.

StiffWeenies

« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2022, 10:44:39 AM »
prototype Sensah hydraulic levers

Newest (top) v. Older (bottom) Sensah hydraulic lever patent drawings

future Sensah RD patent drawings

L-TWOO electronic hydraulic lever patent drawings

L-TWOO seatpost battery patent drawings
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 08:36:17 AM by StiffWeenies »

jonathanf2

« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2022, 12:50:23 PM »
I wonder how fast Sensah can get that into production? LTwoo already released both 12 and 11 speed hydraulic groupsets and their 1x groupset is releasing any day. Honestly I didn't think LTwoo was even viable competition next to Sensah, but after using their products and them going hydraulic first, I definitely consider them the market leader right now in Chinese bike components. LTwoo has already established a US presence before Sensah.