Author Topic: Groupset News  (Read 49400 times)

frnchy

Re: Groupset News
« Reply #255 on: August 13, 2023, 06:44:59 AM »
I was just looking at State Bike Co.'s new cargo cages, and noticed that the preview pictures show Sensah's hydraulic brifters with an SRX rear derailleur. Currently complete builds are only available with mechanical 11 speed SRX. I can't tell by the preview images if the new configuration is 12 speed or 11 speed though.

https://www.statebicycle.com/collections/bike-bottles-cages/products/state-bicycle-co-desert-cargo-cage

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #256 on: August 13, 2023, 06:56:19 AM »
If I would have to guess based on the pictures, I would say 11 speed.

jonathanf2

« Reply #257 on: August 19, 2023, 10:44:23 AM »
I posted this in the other AliEx deals thread, but I'll post it here as well.

Sensah Empire HRD hydraulic groupset now available on AliEx:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805775443558.html

Initial price was $286 USD and now it's been raised to $299.

00Garza

« Reply #258 on: August 19, 2023, 01:35:29 PM »
Any info on sensah having an 11 or 10 speed version? Would be a huge miss if they don't imo.

jonathanf2

« Reply #259 on: August 19, 2023, 04:59:44 PM »
Any info on sensah having an 11 or 10 speed version? Would be a huge miss if they don't imo.

I'm hoping they do their entire Shimano compatible line as hydraulic + carbon levers. Sensah mechanical shifting is much better than LTwoo. In fact they wouldn't even need to do an electronic groupset if they just focus on creating an entire hydraulic lineup. Though I'm wondering if Sensah even has the financial resources to retool their factory to handle such an undertaking? It seems like they were struggling just to release the HRD Empire groupset.

00Garza

« Reply #260 on: August 29, 2023, 07:09:22 AM »
Looks like an updated version of the Sensah hydro group is out. Well, shifters look a little different at least.

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $274.36  50% Off | SENSAH EMPIRE PRO HRD Disc 2x12s Road Hydraulic Disc Brake Groupset, Hydraulic Disc Alloy 12s
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqoNIBy
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 07:11:49 AM by 00Garza »

StiffWeenies

« Reply #261 on: September 04, 2023, 05:23:39 PM »
« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 11:22:34 AM by StiffWeenies »

jonathanf2

« Reply #262 on: September 05, 2023, 11:12:58 AM »
I took a screen shot of the upcoming gravel groupset. It makes more sense they opened up software to accept 10 speed cassettes for 1x. This could also be fun for those looking to build a 1x road bike as well. I hate to say it, but Sensah looks like they're falling way behind. I messaged the Sensah store and they don't seem to have any plans to offer more options for their HRD groupset. You'd think they'd at least supply it with the SRX rear derailleur as an option, just to get their hydraulic shifters out there.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 11:15:02 AM by jonathanf2 »

BalticSea

« Reply #263 on: September 06, 2023, 12:56:22 PM »
Ltwoo electric gravel groupset does look very interesting, as long as it works with Sram's 10-44t cassette.

RDY

« Reply #264 on: September 06, 2023, 04:42:56 PM »
I took a screen shot of the upcoming gravel groupset. It makes more sense they opened up software to accept 10 speed cassettes for 1x. This could also be fun for those looking to build a 1x road bike as well. I hate to say it, but Sensah looks like they're falling way behind. I messaged the Sensah store and they don't seem to have any plans to offer more options for their HRD groupset. You'd think they'd at least supply it with the SRX rear derailleur as an option, just to get their hydraulic shifters out there.

I'd guess the LTWOO road stuff will get significantly updated too, given how much slicker this gravel stuff looks. 

Re: 10 / 11 / 12s support, does LTWOO eRX already support 11s mode?  If the new gravel stuff or potentially updated eRX works well, I'd be sorely tempted to try it out in 11s 2x, since 11s cassette and chain options are so much more numerous and flexible than 12s.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 04:48:58 PM by RDY »

StiffWeenies

« Reply #265 on: September 06, 2023, 08:50:11 PM »
Besides the new gravel RD, the shift buttons and brake calipers have also been updated

obviously the usual caveats go with anything new they release, but the pace of iterations is really incredible

just a couple months ago the gravel RD looked like this

bonus, footage of early eRX prototype
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 09:19:06 PM by StiffWeenies »

jonathanf2

« Reply #266 on: September 06, 2023, 09:20:31 PM »
Besides the new gravel RD, the shift buttons and brake calipers have also been updated

obviously the usual caveats go with anything new they release, but the pace of iterations is really incredible

just a couple months ago the gravel RD looked like this

also, bonus footage of early eRX prototype

Will those shift buttons also appear on the ERX?

I remember awhile back you posted a website detailing LTwoo's financial investments. Unfortunately that site has a regional lockout now, but I found it interesting one of LTwoo's investors were US based.

StiffWeenies

« Reply #267 on: September 06, 2023, 10:13:57 PM »
Will those shift buttons also appear on the ERX?

I remember awhile back you posted a website detailing LTwoo's financial investments. Unfortunately that site has a regional lockout now, but I found it interesting one of LTwoo's investors were US based.

You can try this site instead

No American shareholders to my knowledge, but some Chinese investors have significant global presence and financial heft (Hillhouse)

Those shift buttons and calipers will absolutely make their way to eRX/eR9 as running changes, they're a small company that can't afford to maintain many SKUs. Same reason why the mechanical hydraulic brifters are built so cheaply: the same shifter bodies and plastic gear levers are shared all the way from R5 9s to RX 12s.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 10:16:24 PM by StiffWeenies »

jonathanf2

« Reply #268 on: September 09, 2023, 10:26:04 AM »
L-TWOO released the electronic gravel groupset "eGR".
https://youtu.be/jw4dKLXRYsE?si=AsDiMhXNc0egwoJw

So who's planning to buy first?  ;D

jonathanf2

« Reply #269 on: September 09, 2023, 10:29:55 AM »
The hydraulic calipers also look slightly different. Also I'm curious why LTwoo continues to use this adapter solution for their hydraulic calipers? I'm just wondering what patent are they avoiding using this design?