Author Topic: LTWOO RX hydro sets  (Read 30825 times)

stagedive

Re: LTWOO RX hydro sets
« Reply #240 on: September 24, 2023, 04:08:43 AM »
how do the stock brake pads perform compared to shimano ones?(k05s / l05a)

jonathanf2

« Reply #241 on: September 24, 2023, 10:53:52 AM »
how do the stock brake pads perform compared to shimano ones?(k05s / l05a)

I believe they are L05A compatible, but with their own unique "eggroll" design shape. I like the LTwoo brake pads. I ended up putting them on my GRX gravel bike. They're a bit more expensive compared to the Shimano finned pad knock offs, but braking performance seems quite good and so is the wear life.

stagedive

« Reply #242 on: September 24, 2023, 11:41:10 AM »
I believe they are L05A compatible, but with their own unique "eggroll" design shape. I like the LTwoo brake pads. I ended up putting them on my GRX gravel bike. They're a bit more expensive compared to the Shimano finned pad knock offs, but braking performance seems quite good and so is the wear life.

Interesting, thanks!. I was thinking the other way around :P (shimano pads in l-twoo calipers)
I guess I'll see how I like them when the GR9 set arrives.

darkening

« Reply #243 on: October 04, 2023, 07:39:26 AM »
Anyone tried GRT 1x12 shifters with Shimano MTB 12sp derauller? (or ltwoo ax12 mtb rear mech) I want to convert my mtb to gravel and buy only hydro shifters.

MeoMeo

« Reply #244 on: October 17, 2023, 11:18:16 PM »
How do you bleed ltwoo gr9 brakes?

1Sigma

« Reply #245 on: October 24, 2023, 07:41:00 PM »
Air screw is fine to use.
Here's how used the second (air) screw.

keep the caliper bleed valve closed.
Syringe on the hood bleed screw normally used for the cup.
Open and remove the air screw.
Push fluid from syringe very lightly. 
Fluid will come out of the air hole. So have towel ready.
Put air screw back on. Remove syringe and put bleed screw back on.
Clean any mess.

I have no idea how to use a cup on the bleed hole and open the air screw. 

Remember to unscrew the adjustment grub screw on the level anytime you bleed the brakes. So you fully release the piston to fill the valve. That way you have the best chance of getting the firmest feel. You may still need to tighten up the grub screw.

It's been a minute since I've been on here.  I am in the midst of testing an eRX (1 of 5 sets) and for the life of me, cannot get the rest of the air out. 
Going to use this tip in addition to some bicycle gymnastics. 
Better than average - Extra Average

1Sigma

« Reply #246 on: October 25, 2023, 06:50:42 AM »
Also,
I have an issue of not measuring twice and cutting once.
The front brake hose was cut too long.

Does anyone know if Shimano BH90 olives are compatible with the LTWOO?

Thanks!
Better than average - Extra Average

00Garza

« Reply #247 on: October 25, 2023, 10:44:32 AM »
Also,

Thanks!

I had asked Ltwoo official store during my build and they told me bh59. Haven't needed to replace stock ones, so can't 100% verify.

frnchy

« Reply #248 on: October 25, 2023, 12:39:00 PM »
Also,

Thanks!

I used BH90 barbs when setting up my set, no issues thus far. The olives are the same between BH59 and BH90, only the barbs differ.

lantz

« Reply #249 on: October 25, 2023, 02:13:57 PM »
I used BH90 barbs when setting up my set, no issues thus far. The olives are the same between BH59 and BH90, only the barbs differ.

I used BH59 barbs on my eRX and also haven't had any issues, I believe the hoses are BH59 spec, but with the BH90 barbs being thicker, they'll obvs do the job.

anzolin

« Reply #250 on: February 06, 2024, 08:12:22 AM »
Has anyone ever needed repair parts for this Ltwoo groupset? I couldn't find it anywhere to buy it.
I ask because I have the R9 and the UP button broke, for no apparent reason, it never fell down.

Below are the images:

« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 08:29:51 AM by anzolin »

jonathanf2

« Reply #251 on: February 06, 2024, 08:36:26 AM »
If you bought it from AliEx, I'd contact the store you bought the groupset from and see if they can send you replacement shifters. If not, try contacting Ltwoo directly and see if they'll replace it for you.

00Garza

« Reply #252 on: February 06, 2024, 02:49:14 PM »
Has anyone ever needed repair parts for this Ltwoo groupset? I couldn't find it anywhere to buy it.
I ask because I have the R9 and the UP button broke, for no apparent reason, it never fell down.

Store I bought from (80 Designer store) sent me a replacement GR9 shifter after I couldn't get it to shift right and I just had to pay shipping.
Contact the vendor and see if they can help you. If you're stateside, I have a spare right shifter I can probably get that paddle to you if you cover shipping.

lazywalrus

« Reply #253 on: February 07, 2024, 07:33:13 PM »
Anyone running a GR9 groupset with a large cassette?

I'm running one with a 46T cassette. It seems like the tension is too low in the smaller cogs, and when you freewheel the weight/inertia of the cassette keeps pushing the chain round causing a lot of slack and dropped chains.

Something to keep in mind if anyone is eyeing this groupset up.
I'm going to put a GRX derailleur on and see if it resolves it.

coffeebreak

« Reply #254 on: February 07, 2024, 09:27:34 PM »
I'm running GR7 with 11-46 and tension seems fine. No dropped chains or slack that I noticed. I don't love the annoying thumb shifter but that's the only qualm thing I have about this groupset.