Author Topic: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)  (Read 105384 times)

PaxiH

Re: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)
« Reply #585 on: June 25, 2024, 03:52:01 PM »
I asked Wendy to buy some extra headset spacers but postage is 39$  :o  anyone found any compatible spacers?

This set looks compatible: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_EQFEjbt

39$ for a few plastic spacers. What a bargain  ;D

WhityWhite

« Reply #586 on: June 26, 2024, 02:23:31 AM »
I bought and assembled a cheap (13€) BB from Zitto from AliExpress. Thought about testing it and if it is bad replacing it with something more expensive.

My problem was, that the T47 BBs are pretty rare in the german shops and also very expensive.

So far the quality of the Zitto BB is seems great! The bearing felt good and the cranks are spinning very, very free and well. Also no play in the crank/BB so far.

So cheap must not be bad. But I only have like 300km on the bike yet.

I also bought a cheap Scenicx from aliexpress: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005005443737998.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.133.78ff5c5fYtLnV1&gatewayAdapt=glo2deu

It has now covered 2,200 km and I have no problems whatsoever.

FMayweather

« Reply #587 on: June 26, 2024, 03:10:04 PM »
Build is complete! Thunderstorms and normal life are preventing the first ride but I think we are good to go! ... Except some front derailleur run which I will get into in a minute. 

So far as the build, the only "crappy" bit was the threading on the derailleur hanger was unsmooth, but not unusable by any means.  For the "normal crappy" I think it should be obligatory to tip our caps to the mechanics who have to deal with integrated cockpits on the daily ... chapeau!

So, 2 problems:

1. The BB provided by LightCarbon is fine, except there are no spacers included with it.  Would have been nice to know ahead of time.  You have been warned :)

2. Front derailleur alignment.  I can't seem to turn the Sram Axis Rival (normal, not wide) FD far enough so it's in line with the chainrings, pretty much ensuring chain rub on the smallest cogs while in the big ring.  Any tricks people here can share?  I'm kinda leaning toward grinding down one side of the curved washer to allow a little more clearance, anyone think of a reason this is a fundamentally terrible idea?  I think even .25-.5mm on the inside edge should be enough for me to line things up.  If it matters, I ended up using a single 4.5mm spacer on the drive side, wasn't able to get close to lining things up, and there really isn't enough clearance with the frame without any spacers drive-side.

Let me know what you think of the build, and if you have some suggestions about the FD, I'm all ears!

Thanks!
I have the same problem with Rival AXS FD. While in the big ring, the chain starts to rub in the easier gears. Ordered the Sram FD Setup tool and will see whether this puts the FD in proper alignment. At the moment it looks like the FD markings are over the chainrings. But my vision could be crocked.

FMayweather

« Reply #588 on: June 26, 2024, 03:11:18 PM »
I also bought a cheap Scenicx from aliexpress: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005005443737998.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.133.78ff5c5fYtLnV1&gatewayAdapt=glo2deu

It has now covered 2,200 km and I have no problems whatsoever.

Also got the BB from Ztto and cant report anything bad thus far.

Stoemper

« Reply #589 on: June 28, 2024, 03:23:05 AM »
Anyone had trouble with the supplied bearings? One of them came apart i put it back together but the seal isnt flush. So im ordering some new ones was wondering which brand to buy.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2024, 03:27:01 AM by Stoemper »

rasch

« Reply #590 on: June 29, 2024, 08:40:58 AM »
Anyone had trouble with the supplied bearings? One of them came apart i put it back together but the seal isnt flush. So im ordering some new ones was wondering which brand to buy.

Mine seem fine.

Got a question on the cable routing for those who are runing mechanical groupsets. Do you guys run cable housing  inside the whole frame?

I'm running the front derailleur one now and curve is a bit steep near the bb, so I'd say it's best to do so, but I wonder if I'm not overdoing it.

PaxiH

« Reply #591 on: June 29, 2024, 10:03:44 AM »
Got a question on the cable routing for those who are runing mechanical groupsets. Do you guys run cable housing  inside the whole frame?

Yes, I run a outer cable over the complete length and used the so called SRAM cable guide (even if it is Shimano FD) to end the outer cable inside the frame with a Shimano end cap. Then I used a cable liner to protect the open cable from dirt and water. See attached picture.

Inside the frame I also covered all cable outers with foam hose to avoid cable rattling.

I don't know if that is the best way to do it, but it works very well.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2024, 10:06:06 AM by PaxiH »

Serge_K

« Reply #592 on: June 29, 2024, 10:21:08 AM »
I had a close look at the cannondale version of these frames today in a shop. the down tube on the cannondale (the side facing the wind) is very much tear drop shaped, it's absolutely not shaped like a bus / square like the Yishun one.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

dinorello

« Reply #593 on: June 29, 2024, 10:49:02 AM »
I had a close look at the cannondale version of these frames today in a shop. the down tube on the cannondale (the side facing the wind) is very much tear drop shaped, it's absolutely not shaped like a bus / square like the Yishun one.
The only reason for LC to shape it like a brick had to be structural. Must be that Cannondale is using a higher grade carbon in order to get that teardrop shape without compromising strength or Weight

patliean1

« Reply #594 on: June 29, 2024, 12:59:09 PM »
The only reason for LC to shape it like a brick had to be structural. Must be that Cannondale is using a higher grade carbon in order to get that teardrop shape without compromising strength or Weight

Or don't wanna face a cease and desist letter...

dinorello

« Reply #595 on: June 29, 2024, 03:58:32 PM »
Or don't wanna face a cease and desist letter...
Ha! That too.  Just don't get why they can't design a frame that's relatively light, aero and structural  while also being aesthetically pleasing to look at? 

PLA

« Reply #596 on: June 30, 2024, 09:19:04 AM »
i reckon maybe a square tube is less of an unknown to them, cheaper for testing and mold production. don't need to mess around with layup as much to make it work. just slap it together, no fd di2 holes and boom frame ready to roll baby!

dinorello

« Reply #597 on: June 30, 2024, 09:45:16 AM »
The down tube does look like they just stole it off one of their emtb frames that's designed to hold a massive battery

tokkaz

« Reply #598 on: July 01, 2024, 04:27:18 PM »
Hello everyone,
I wanted to update you all on the issue I had with my frame.

Lightcarbon handled this perfectly and sent a replacement frame.

I received it yesterday  ;D. I carefully inspected every cm of it and no issue this time, no cracking whatsoever.
Currently in the building process, will update once it is completed, and I have ridden a few km on it.

dinorello

« Reply #599 on: July 01, 2024, 08:11:09 PM »
Hello everyone,
I wanted to update you all on the issue I had with my frame.

Lightcarbon handled this perfectly and sent a replacement frame.

I received it yesterday  ;D. I carefully inspected every cm of it and no issue this time, no cracking whatsoever.
Currently in the building process, will update once it is completed, and I have ridden a few km on it.

Nice! Good to hear that LC did the right thing .  Did you have to ship back the broken frame?