Author Topic: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)  (Read 105379 times)

rasch

Re: Lightcarbon: New LCR017-D (or Yishun R1058-D)
« Reply #675 on: September 18, 2024, 08:20:23 AM »
Usually I'm able to have it with 1 or 2mm. Was just wondering if this one actually was different because I have a feeling of slight play, but that mght be due to the front tire being super wide and "moving". Can't say 100% whether it's play or not.

Serge_K

« Reply #676 on: September 18, 2024, 10:08:28 AM »
Usually I'm able to have it with 1 or 2mm. Was just wondering if this one actually was different because I have a feeling of slight play, but that mght be due to the front tire being super wide and "moving". Can't say 100% whether it's play or not.

Easiest way to find play, i found, is turn the bars 90 degrees, lock the front wheel, rock back and forth. if there's play you'll feel it.
Consider getting that little plastic thingy on AliX, i'm really pleased with it (i swapped my cockpit for a longer stem one, so i had to recable and rebuild everything.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

rasch

« Reply #677 on: September 18, 2024, 03:11:22 PM »
You mean those small spacers? Sorry didn't get which plastic parts you are talking about

Ar26

« Reply #678 on: September 19, 2024, 01:33:18 AM »
This is the part that fits over the upper bearing. Another thing not to neglect is the tightening of the expander in the fork. Sometimes it is not tightened enough and when you compress the steering cap, it tends to go up

rasch

« Reply #679 on: September 19, 2024, 03:29:25 AM »
I did tighten it according to the specs (10nm) Even using carbon paste every time and don't notice any movement after putting and removing the top cap.
The part that fits the upper bearing came with the headset and I believe its well positioned else it'd move quite a lot I believe.

Will try to go again for a ride today. Maybe it's because I am used in my bikes to thinner tires and higher tire pressures.

PLA

« Reply #680 on: September 19, 2024, 04:15:58 AM »
The expander torque is 10Nm?

PLA

« Reply #682 on: September 19, 2024, 10:46:36 AM »
Jesus OK. Never seen an expander go above 5Nm.

If you have play, just compress everything lightly with a clamp then just nip up the stem on the steerer so it doesn't move, then torque the compression bung up to spec, then torque the stem bolts.

Da11as

« Reply #683 on: Today at 02:34:30 AM »
Hi everyone.
So I am another person tempting to push the button and order the frame. I've read the thread and in several posts regarding superlight frame a very thin carbon layer was mentioned? I am concerned about the areas, as my current bike frame was (as I figured out lately) branded LCR0X and it cracked near seatpost clamp area, on the upper part of the top tube. Having tin foil tubes is generally acceptable (I had some high-end western bikes where this was the case, all is Ok), but it may be the questionable positioning in OEM frame...

Another question for the users is ride quality. I have generally crappy roads in my area and LCR0X ride is quite harsh on both from and rear end, even compared to older aero frames with thinner tires, probably due to seatpost exposure and shape. How's it for LCR017 compared to some other frames?

rasch

« Reply #684 on: Today at 06:08:56 AM »
For me with 32mm tires and carbon wheels (steel spokes) it's the most comfortable (road) bike I have :)

I'd say it's a very good frame. Just choose the size accurately. I'm 1.90 went for the 58 in 100mm stem and 0 offset seatpost and it's almost too big. Go for crazy colours :)

And the "play" I have is indeed tire related and not headtube ahaha. Not used to such flex on road bikes. Reminds me of my mountain bike almost ahah.

repoman

« Reply #685 on: Today at 09:24:48 AM »
Hello,

I purchased a LCR017 in June and received it a few months later, paid 712$, a bit less than you because I didn’t ask any customization. Did you request any "z tier" when ordering your frame?
Upon inspecting my frame, I discovered significant voids in the upper seat tube area. I reached out to my sales contact, Carol, regarding this issue but have not received a response yet (WhatsApp and email). I also used the contact form on the Lightcarbon website to inquire about my frame situation.
Just to clarify, I am not seeking for clicks on my YouTube channel, as someone suggested in response to one of my comments on Hambini's video about the same frame model. I simply want to share my experience with the Lightcarbon. Here's the video,
Eventually, I will do another one if Lightcarbon keeps quite about my case.
Thanks Tiago

Wow, that's the worst I've ever seen.  Did they give you a new frame? I wonder how voids like that even happen! It's like the sheet of carbon they used was all torn up when they put it in the mold or something.
« Last Edit: Today at 09:28:15 AM by repoman »

tiagosantos_ss

« Reply #686 on: Today at 02:53:45 PM »
Wow, that's the worst I've ever seen.  Did they give you a new frame? I wonder how voids like that even happen! It's like the sheet of carbon they used was all torn up when they put it in the mold or something.

So far only one "automatic reply" saying they are in an autumn festival and will be able to reply back after September 19th

krzyszfot

« Reply #687 on: Today at 05:05:42 PM »
Hi all,

new here but read through the topic, I'm planning on building bike on this frame after hambini's review but after Tiago's adventures i'm being cautious. I'm in touch with Wendy from LC and discussing the details. I hope your case @tiagosantos_ss would be resolved positively. I intend on asking about your case in my email thread specifically.

I also have a q for people that already built a bike on this frame. Does it take Shimano cable operated FD or not? There is no clear answer from this thread. I'm waiting on Wendys response on that.

rasch

« Reply #688 on: Today at 05:41:54 PM »
Yes it does. I have shimano r7020 working