Author Topic: Long term experience with RD13 hubs?  (Read 350 times)

AlexxRR

Long term experience with RD13 hubs?
« on: May 26, 2024, 01:10:14 PM »
Hello everyone,

I´d like to know how long these hubs can be expected to last, even in wet conditions, what is the delivery status (do they need some more grease anywhere?) and how high would be the effort to replace the bearings.
The alternative I have would be the DT Swiss 350 hubs.

Thanks a lot in advance

P.S.
I also posted the same topic in another spot of this forum not knowing where it´d better belong.
In case feel free to remove one.

Leon Hu

Re: Long term experience with RD13 hubs?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2024, 02:30:11 AM »
Have a nice day! The warranty of our RD13 ratchet system hub is one year. There is a waterproof gasket inside the hub, so there is no problem in wet environments. As for the grease issue, all hubs require normal maintenance after being used for a period of time. I hope there will be other friends who purchase our ultra-light carbon wheelsets to complement the riding experience.

Serge_K

Re: Long term experience with RD13 hubs?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2024, 06:23:43 AM »
Elite is selling so many of them, i think if they sucked or self destructed, we'd have heard about it.
+1 on hub maintenance though. I pay much more attention to my bikes since waxing my chains, because it's not nasty to handle anymore. So wet riding means water will go places it shouldn't be, so expect to take stuff apart more often to clean and regrease. Just like maintaining pedals, or other bits, i'd say.