Author Topic: Wheeltop eds tx gearing set up problems  (Read 331 times)

MartinSolder

Wheeltop eds tx gearing set up problems
« on: June 12, 2024, 02:39:04 AM »
Just got my Wheeltop cable brake groupset from Aliexpress. Easy to install on the bike. Went to initial install the rear derailleur.Llined the rear derailleur up with the small cog and set the limit screw then wanted to set the limit screw on the large rear cog and could only get the derailleur to move to cog 8 on a ten speed cassette. After a lot more fiddling and frustration the rear derailleur is stuck on the large cog at the back. On the app this is shown as gear 1. Somehow I have moved the starting gear as the large cog. Not sure how I did this. Is there a simple way to return the derailleur to its original setting (reset button) so that I can start all over again or is there a simple way of getting gear 1 back to the small cog on the rear cassette?

Also is there some easier set up instructions for the gearing?. The Wheeltop manual is pants and confusing!!

Any help greatly appreciate

Serge_K

Re: Wheeltop eds tx gearing set up problems
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2024, 06:53:24 AM »
Hasn't someone posted a tutorial on youtube?
I've installed 5 ltwoo er9 and there's plenty of tutorials on YT, including from ltwoo themselves, on how to setup everything.

Tijoe

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2024, 09:23:37 AM »
Your problem appears to be the same issue that has been discussed many times.   If you "Trim" the derailleur in any other gear than the highest gear "smallest tooth gear,  The software thinks that the lowest gear is the highest.  You have to put your shift pod into trim mode and manually (in very small increments) move the derailleur all the way down into the smallest cog, then take it out of trim mode and use your app to shift back up into your highest gear.   I have accidentally done this enough times that I finally learned not to do what you somehow accomplished.   

As a bit of history.  In the first versions of the App, one had to trim each cog manually, and the App did not have the cog tuning for each gear.  When they updated the software, it appears that they never put any warning is their manuals not to try to use the shift pod in trim mode in any other gear than the smallest cog.   

Good luck

MartinSolder

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2024, 07:48:14 AM »
Many thanks for this. You are right that is exactly what happened. I couldn't find a post on here that explained this  still took 4 hours to get the rest of the gears working properly but just about to go out on a proper ride!

I also find the cover to the rear derailleur impossible to get it to stay in place. Is this the same for others?