Author Topic: Any experience with Ornan bike wheelsets?  (Read 455 times)

Curt D

Any experience with Ornan bike wheelsets?
« on: September 20, 2024, 11:18:52 PM »
I came across Ornan bike while looking for an 32 external / 23 internal road wheelset. Any experience with them and their carbon spokes?

Serge_K

Re: Any experience with Ornan bike wheelsets?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2024, 02:38:10 AM »
Negative, but that's probably another n6 wheels made by far sports story, or a unaas made by winspace.
Namely, some "brand" that largely exists because they buy a bunch of wheels from an OEM and pretends they reinvented the wheel.
Far sports and Xiamen carbon speed, and yuanan, are three oems (just to name 3) that make wide rims with carbon spokes.
For n6 and unaas you can read the very recent threads on this forum for details and background.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

s3si1u

Re: Any experience with Ornan bike wheelsets?
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2024, 02:09:28 AM »
Negative, but that's probably another n6 wheels made by far sports story, or a unaas made by winspace.
Namely, some "brand" that largely exists because they buy a bunch of wheels from an OEM and pretends they reinvented the wheel.
Far sports and Xiamen carbon speed, and yuanan, are three oems (just to name 3) that make wide rims with carbon spokes.
For n6 and unaas you can read the very recent threads on this forum for details and background.

Ornan appears to be an OEM. Can't say for sure, but I've bought gravel frames from them. I've tried to buy road frames (from their e-mail catalogue) in the past only to be told something along the lines of "no longer available, it's now exclusive to a brand in your region'.
I can recommend their framesets but have no experience with their wheels.
Instagram: @aerosloth