Author Topic: 11.11 Sale Predictions?  (Read 392 times)

tbgallant

11.11 Sale Predictions?
« on: October 09, 2024, 08:27:39 AM »
Wondering if folks are expecting any good Ali 11.11 sale deals this year?

I will likely hold off on some purchases in hopes there will be some pretty good deals.  Specifically I'm eyeing up Ultegra Di2 (12 spd) groups.. does anybody remember the prices on these being lower during 11.11 last year?

Cheers

coffeebreak

Re: 11.11 Sale Predictions?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2024, 11:52:21 AM »
I **always** wait for 11/11 if I am to purchase anything big like a wheelset or groupset and when there is no rush or upcoming build.

I don't remember the prices for that group particularly but what I bought was lower in price + coupons were stacked on top and I landed some pretty sweet deals. I bought XT m8120 brakeset, 8100 groupset, Elitewheels wheelset and many, many small items to hit the coupon threshold.

This time I am eyeing 105 R7100 12 speed mechanical groupset after missing out some excellent deals earlier this year. That particular group has gone up in price since and has stuck there. Oh and a CSC gravel wheelset is in my cart too. Besides these, regular assortment of small goodies, fishbone cable housing, rotors, brake pads, inner cables, bar tapes, chain rings, titanium screws etc etc.

jonathanf2

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2024, 12:06:11 PM »
I find the 11.11 sale probably the best time to buy a frameset or wheelset. Though in order to trigger some of the bigger coupon deals, it's a good idea to buy a few lower priced items if you're slightly under.

Ludo

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2024, 05:20:10 PM »
I **always** wait for 11/11 if I am to purchase anything big like a wheelset or groupset and when there is no rush or upcoming build.

I don't remember the prices for that group particularly but what I bought was lower in price + coupons were stacked on top and I landed some pretty sweet deals. I bought XT m8120 brakeset, 8100 groupset, Elitewheels wheelset and many, many small items to hit the coupon threshold.

This time I am eyeing 105 R7100 12 speed mechanical groupset after missing out some excellent deals earlier this year. That particular group has gone up in price since and has stuck there. Oh and a CSC gravel wheelset is in my cart too. Besides these, regular assortment of small goodies, fishbone cable housing, rotors, brake pads, inner cables, bar tapes, chain rings, titanium screws etc etc.
Careful with these wheels, I am havings issues

tbgallant

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2024, 08:18:42 AM »
Thanks all, glad to hear it makes sense to wait for 11.11.  If nothing else, prices likely won't be higher 'after' 11.11 than they are now.

Sand101

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2024, 05:36:54 PM »
Wondering if folks are expecting any good Ali 11.11 sale deals this year?

I will likely hold off on some purchases in hopes there will be some pretty good deals.  Specifically I'm eyeing up Ultegra Di2 (12 spd) groups.. does anybody remember the prices on these being lower during 11.11 last year?

Cheers

Is there a good primer on this?  I know the big coupons run out.  When does everything go live - is there a time of day to get this going to capture the best deals?  I'd like to grab a groupset and want to hit it properly and not feel like I'm trying to get Taylor Swift tickets.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2024, 06:06:31 PM by Sand101 »

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #6 on: Today at 12:44:44 AM »
Is there a good primer on this?  I know the big coupons run out.  When does everything go live - is there a time of day to get this going to capture the best deals?  I'd like to grab a groupset and want to hit it properly and not feel like I'm trying to get Taylor Swift tickets.

Yeah, I sometimes feel like an idiot trying all day for a 100 times to get a coupon to work. But most of the time, in the end, they work.
It also pays off to look for different versions of the coupon codes online. That sometimes does the trick.