Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - brandon08

Pages: [1]
1
If it helps, we have the exact same height and inseam measurements, and I went with the size 50. I have 9 bikes that I have acquired over the years, and all but one of them I have had to change something (mostly stem length, and/or stack height) to get them close to fitting me okay - 7 are in the too large category, while 1 of them is too small.  Only one of my bike purchases over the last 45+ years has fit me like it was made for me, that bike is the size 50 LCR-018D. Granted I do have 30mm of spacers, but that is because I'm an old man who doesn't bend that I use to - lol.  I was in the same boat as you, I was lending towards the size 52 but I'm glad that i went with the recommended smaller size.

Thanks for this (and the others who responded). Yeah, from what I'm hearing the 50cm is the size to go with.

It's still perplexing because the geometry of the 52cm is clearly closer - on paper at least - to the Synapse 51cm and the Trek Domane medium.

LCR018-D 50: ~12 mm lower and 5 mm shorter than Synapse 51
LCR018-D 52: ~2 mm taller and 1 mm longer than Synapse 51

But real world experience trumps numbers. But I've hacked my Aethos (528 factory stack) to a 570+ stack with spacers and a 17 degree stem. My entire goal with a new frame is get into a more upright position without a massive spacer tower and silly 17 degree stem. On paper at least the 50cm just doesn't do that quite as well.

2
Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components / LCR018-D Sizing Chart Seems Off
« on: September 30, 2026, 08:06:41 PM »
Just joined the forum. What a great resource - thanks everyone for all the helpful information.

I'm trying to make sense of LightCarbon's sizing recommendation for the LCR018-D. They recommend a 52cm for riders 173-179cm. That frame has an effective top tube of 535mm and a standover of 75.6cm.

For comparison, a 51cm Cannondale Synapse is recommended for riders 165-175cm It has an effective top tube of 542mm and standover of 75.2cm - not very far off from the LCR018.

A medium Trek Domane Gen 5 is recommended for riders 162-173cm. It's effective top tube is 541mm and much higher standover of 775mm.

I'm 171cm with a 76.8cm inseam. The Synapse in 51cm and the Domane in medium both fit me. The LCR018 52cm doesn't seem any bigger than these endurance frames, and might even be a little smaller. And yet it's recommended for riders 173cm. I'd also be running 700x32 tires, which might drop the standover a bit more. But LightBicycle recommends the 50cm for me, and from what I'm reading here, that would probably be what most people would recommend for me as well. But it really seems like a 52cm LCR018 is the closer match to these other frames that I know are my size. I need the higher stack of the 52cm. I'm moving from a silly-looking 52cm Aethos with a massive spacer tower and 17 degree stem. I'd still probably need 20-30mm of spacers on the LCR018. The 50cm would probably fit too, but everything points to the 52cm for a 171cm rider.

Am I missing something?

Pages: [1]