Author Topic: Cheap parts on Amazon with a warranty?  (Read 873 times)

jannmayer

Cheap parts on Amazon with a warranty?
« on: July 04, 2022, 05:46:48 PM »
So I just noticed that Amazon will sell you a 2 year warranty on pretty much anything for a bit under 10% of the product cost. I used this warranty once on a Kindle, and they refunded the money without a hassle.

I think I'm going to try this out on some cheap pedals (ZERAY ZP-108S). It only adds about $3 over Aliexpress and it should ship faster. The warranty claims to cover wear and tear as well as defects, so it could actually be a good deal...

Anyone else used the Amazon warranty on bike parts?

Queen of Skulls

Re: Cheap parts on Amazon with a warranty?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2022, 02:13:34 PM »
I am curious as well. It would be a good safe source for parts.
Off with your Head tubes...

If the girls dont find you pretty they should at least find you handy...

[color #FE0000]P[/color][color #FDA601]R[/color][color #FFFF01]I[/color][color #008000]D[/color][color #1614E4]E[/color][color #80007E]!!!![/color]

jannmayer

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2024, 12:32:02 AM »
After nearly two years, the ZERAY pedals weren't holding up too well. One of the bolts fell out and I couldn't find a replacement. They are a bit difficult to clip ion and out of despite the tension being quite loose. The bearing on the left pedal is getting stiff, and I haven't been able to find a socket thin enough to remove the nut on the spindle. I still had about a month on the 2 year warranty I bought through Amazon, so I returned them today and got a refund. It was a quick and painless process, so I will definitely consider doing that again.

PLA

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2024, 09:21:01 AM »
if it's sold from amazon as the seller, then they will honour any warranty issues. i returned my polar h10 after 18 months no questions asked, they just sent me a return label straight away.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

00Garza

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2024, 11:21:43 AM »
I've started checking to see if some of the ali stuff is available on amazon. If the price is not too inflated, I'll buy through amazon for shipping speed and easy return policy.

jonathanf2

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2024, 11:45:54 AM »
Just a heads up. If you buy an Elite Wheelset from Amazon, Elite seems quite responsive in terms of honoring any defects or issues.