Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 187132 times)

jonathanf2

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806698674558.html

Depending if you're new on AliEx or get an early bird special, it should come out to less than $25 USD for a 3D printed carbon saddle.

I've seen this saddle priced all over the place.

kbernstein

Need a 2nd saddle, shape would probably fit me but quality looks pretty questionable, any real world feedback?

jonathanf2

Need a 2nd saddle, shape would probably fit me but quality looks pretty questionable, any real world feedback?

I haven’t tried this Goldix saddle, but I do have 3 Ryet/Lexon saddles that work well. For me, the big advantage with 3D printed saddles is the minimal friction when shifting seated positions and they stay cool even in direct sun light. It’s a choice item, at least in the US it’s an easy return since the distribution warehouse is in California.

gf

Hello, someone redeemed the usd10 coupon related the european soccer cup event? there is a minimun amount to use it?
thanks

Avalius

Anyone has experience with jiluer road tyres? Bought two for 18€. Just to try lol, Ali addict here :)
"You can't be sad while riding a bicycle."

andrew

Saw this today and I'm super tempted... any experience?

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806931102562.html

Confused

Saw this today and I'm super tempted... any experience?

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806931102562.html

In general - Rockbros stuff has been solid, at least anything released in the last couple of years. One of the pictures in the description says the power meter is only included for pictures.  If you want carbon and Dub cranks SRAM FORCE regularly show up under $200 on ebay.

toxin

These are straight up just lexon cranks rebadged, which themselves are just cybrei cranks with a small aesthetical change.

Also force cranks are heavy af
« Last Edit: June 11, 2024, 07:20:17 AM by toxin »

perneto

On my gravel bike, I have ZERAY ZP-108S pedals. These are 283 g and they've been just OK. One of the screws fell out and one pedal is a little harder to clip in and out of. The bearings have also needed some adjustments. To be fair, they've taken a few hard rock strikes. I also got these from Amazon but there are a few sellers on AliExpress as well.
https://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Clipless-Compatible-Included-Multi-Great/dp/B083V1K59R
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832669914249.html

I'm using the same Zeray ZP-108S pedals and am pretty happy with them. However, one of the pedals came with too much preload, and therefore doesn't spin as freely as the other.

I've opened its plastic cap (see attachment) but can't figure out how to disassemble it further: the screw head inside doesn't seem to take a hex wrench -- the inside of its head looks round (see other attachment). Could you help?

TidyDinosaur

I'm using the same Zeray ZP-108S pedals and am pretty happy with them. However, one of the pedals came with too much preload, and therefore doesn't spin as freely as the other.

I've opened its plastic cap (see attachment) but can't figure out how to disassemble it further: the screw head inside doesn't seem to take a hex wrench -- the inside of its head looks round (see other attachment). Could you help?

Isn't that just a hex nut? A lot of pedals have them in exact that position. Normally you can get them off with the right size of socket. Will probably be 8 or 9 mm

perneto

Isn't that just a hex nut? A lot of pedals have them in exact that position. Normally you can get them off with the right size of socket. Will probably be 8 or 9 mm

No, it's very small, something like a 2mm hex. I need to take another look, but so far I couldn't get those small hex keys to hold onto it -- it seemed round. (Maybe it was stripped while assembling at the factory... I'll check the other pedal).

(The black plastic cap on top was indeed a 8mm hex).

Hmpf

Which inexpensive saddlebags can you recommend? It should be as light as possible and hold about 10 liters.

jonathanf2

Quick visual comparison between the Ryet Aircode 3D printed saddle and the Goldix 3D printed saddle that's available from like $17-25 USD during sales. The Goldix saddle seems to be well built, with a stiff carbon shell and thick rails. The 3D mesh also has a bit more cushion, while the bottom edges of the carbon seem to be more rounded. There's also a 1cm lip that protrudes from the back end of the saddle to give a bit more length.

The two saddles seems similar. I'll report back on the actual ride quality once I put a few km/mi on it.

UPDATE: I just took this saddle for a ride and it felt great! No discomfort, plenty of cushion, stayed cool in the California sunshine and minimal friction when adjusting position. Unfortunately it seems the price has jumped up from it's earlier low price!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2024, 04:22:49 PM by jonathanf2 »

perneto

No, it's very small, something like a 2mm hex. I need to take another look, but so far I couldn't get those small hex keys to hold onto it -- it seemed round. (Maybe it was stripped while assembling at the factory... I'll check the other pedal).

(The black plastic cap on top was indeed a 8mm hex).

Oh, I understand what you meant now: there's a hex nut around that small axle I was looking at. I'll have to find a very thin socket wrench as there is very little space around the nut. Thanks!

TidyDinosaur

Oh, I understand what you meant now: there's a hex nut around that small axle I was looking at. I'll have to find a very thin socket wrench as there is very little space around the nut. Thanks!
Yes, that's what I meant  :)