Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 187156 times)

andrew

Quick visual comparison between the Ryet Aircode 3D printed saddle and the Goldix 3D printed saddle that's available from like $17-25 USD during sales. The Goldix saddle seems to be well built, with a stiff carbon shell and thick rails. The 3D mesh also has a bit more cushion, while the bottom edges of the carbon seem to be more rounded. There's also a 1cm lip that protrudes from the back end of the saddle to give a bit more length.

The two saddles seems similar. I'll report back on the actual ride quality once I put a few km/mi on it.

UPDATE: I just took this saddle for a ride and it felt great! No discomfort, plenty of cushion, stayed cool in the California sunshine and minimal friction when adjusting position. Unfortunately it seems the price has jumped up from it's earlier low price!

I have somewhere around 5k miles on the old RYET Carbon saddle here: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806444717188.html, it looks like they quit selling it on the LEXON store. I bought it because it had very similar measurements as my ERGON SMC4-M saddle that I've loved on my gravel bike. The only noticeable measurement difference is a shorter nose.
I actually like the RYET saddle. My only complaint is that the side front flare corners, indicated by my pointer finger, have almost zero padding and they can feel quite hard on longer rides or when putting down more power.

I am waiting for the one on the bottom of your photo to be delivered now to see if it's any good. It's got quite a different profile than the ones I've been using and I'm curious how well it works out.

perneto

Yes, that's what I meant  :)

I've been looking online for thin-enough socket keys, but I can't find anything. There's really very little space around the nut - less than 1mm I would say. I think it's either 7mm or 8mm, but I can't make sure as there's no space for my calipers. Any pointers?

Tijoe

I've been looking online for thin-enough socket keys, but I can't find anything. There's really very little space around the nut - less than 1mm I would say. I think it's either 7mm or 8mm, but I can't make sure as there's no space for my calipers. Any pointers?

Look for a "Socket nut Driver"  similar to the attached image.  I have purchased a few of these that I have ground down the OD in order to get them to slide into very small spaces.  I have one I ground down for a very similar pedal nut.    Since the nut is what is called a "Nylock" it is fairly easy to loosen/tighten.

jonathanf2

I have somewhere around 5k miles on the old RYET Carbon saddle here: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806444717188.html, it looks like they quit selling it on the LEXON store. I bought it because it had very similar measurements as my ERGON SMC4-M saddle that I've loved on my gravel bike. The only noticeable measurement difference is a shorter nose.
I actually like the RYET saddle. My only complaint is that the side front flare corners, indicated by my pointer finger, have almost zero padding and they can feel quite hard on longer rides or when putting down more power.

I am waiting for the one on the bottom of your photo to be delivered now to see if it's any good. It's got quite a different profile than the ones I've been using and I'm curious how well it works out.

I also have that RYET saddle you posted and use it on my gravel bike. Between my 2 Ryet saddles and 1 Goldix saddle, I think I'm leaning towards the Goldix design. The 3D mesh has improved cushion with minimal weight. Also when running my fingers on the edges of each saddle, the Goldix saddle has much more rounded edges.

I haven't tried the newer Ryet designs, so they might be improved. Though the Goldix saddle at the time was by far the lowest priced carbon 3D mesh saddle on AliEx.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 10:46:58 AM by jonathanf2 »

vermit25

Quick visual comparison between the Ryet Aircode 3D printed saddle and the Goldix 3D printed saddle that's available from like $17-25 USD during sales. The Goldix saddle seems to be well built, with a stiff carbon shell and thick rails. The 3D mesh also has a bit more cushion, while the bottom edges of the carbon seem to be more rounded. There's also a 1cm lip that protrudes from the back end of the saddle to give a bit more length.

The two saddles seems similar. I'll report back on the actual ride quality once I put a few km/mi on it.

UPDATE: I just took this saddle for a ride and it felt great! No discomfort, plenty of cushion, stayed cool in the California sunshine and minimal friction when adjusting position. Unfortunately it seems the price has jumped up from it's earlier low price!

Is this the store you bought the saddle from?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006882249016.html?src=google

jonathanf2

Is this the store you bought the saddle from?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006882249016.html?src=google

Yes, from the Newbike Choice store. I'm now seeing that saddle pop up from different sellers, so I'd buy from whomever has the best price.

jannmayer

Oh, I understand what you meant now: there's a hex nut around that small axle I was looking at. I'll have to find a very thin socket wrench as there is very little space around the nut. Thanks!

It is a hex nut but I couldn't find a socket thin enough to get in there. I have occasionally been able to make adjustments by wedging a small flathead screwdriver or two in there and turning the spindle, but that is very difficult. I ended up returning the pedals because they were in fairly sorry state after two years, and the bearing on one was very stiff.

The Venzo pedals weight about the same but there is enough room to get a normal socket in there, so they should be maintainable.

kbernstein

285g zeray MTB pedals update: Quite good but could do with better factory QC. One doesn't spin as well as the other and the other's endcap wasn't torqued properly at all. Also 8mm hex, but otherwise no regrets. Came with good cleats but I got a noname pair from the 3 for $6 section and they are easily the worst thing I've bought from ali. Horribly machined, full of imperfections, ridiculously soft metal I could probably bite it, toast after 30km and only one unclip, stuck inside the pedal.
Are the ZTTO cassettes (not the new ultralight ones) shifting fine with shimano? As in are the HG ramps well machined?

jonathanf2

A couple more photos of the Goldix and Lexon saddle. Both these saddles clock in around the 150g mark. The Goldix is quite comfortable and the rounded saddle edges are more gentle on thighs. If found at a low price (bought mine for under $25 USD). I totally recommend it.

cuthburt-sorry

These impressed me enough that I'm using them on my road and gravel bikes: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805834827357.html

I wouldn't use them on a downhill bike with 1 liter bottles in them, but an XC bike with standard 650ml or even 750ml bottles should be fine.

I've used one of those [or one that looks identical] for the last few years on my hardtail. It's never lost a bottle.

Hmpf

Can you recommend any seatbags? As light as possible and about 10-13 Liters.

swatracing

Can anyone help me !!! I would need

a cassette for Shimano 12 speed Di2 but with XDR Freehub.

Original Sram Cassettes are not working really good.
Thanks

Yunglord

Can anyone help me !!! I would need

a cassette for Shimano 12 speed Di2 but with XDR Freehub.

Original Sram Cassettes are not working really good.
Thanks

Can't swap the freehub body? What your after doesn't exist unless you have it made by a machinist.

Tijoe

Can't swap the freehub body? What your after doesn't exist unless you have it made by a machinist.
Buzzer sound!  Incorrect answer!   Below is a link to what you need.  A Shimano spaced cassette that fits XDR!

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804263667198.html

jonathanf2

I'm a bit bummed there aren't more options for 11/10-36t cassettes in both 11/12 speed. I'm not too fond of mixed steel/alloy cassettes. They do have an all steel 10-36t cassette for 11 speed, but not for 12 speed.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805833912725.html