Author Topic: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame  (Read 86105 times)

Stoeptegel

Re: Hygge Aero Carbon Frame
« Reply #615 on: October 16, 2024, 01:22:45 AM »
Very nice build! The color is beautiful too. I was doubting between this white one and the blue one, eventually chose the blue one :D

Some time ago someone mentioned that the handlebar ends could flex quite a lot, like one centimeter each way. Is this still the case or is this issue resolved now?

lkbfreak

« Reply #616 on: October 16, 2024, 01:33:43 AM »
Nice watermark :) Smart move.

I like the colour. If you get the chance, post some pictures of it outside in the sun for a better look  :D

Thanks mate!

Will take better photos because I was too tired yesterday evening and the light in my parents flat is terrible :)

Yeah, Hygge steals pics of user bikes and posts them without permission so I got ahead of them haha.

The color is plain white, seems like it has nothing to do with pearl white because it's missing that sparkle that my Trek has. But laser logo decals are nice touch. I like white bikes. And yes, they get dirty easily  ;D

Thinking to put the white handlebar tape for a test...  ;D ;D ;D

lkbfreak

« Reply #617 on: October 16, 2024, 01:35:01 AM »
Very nice build! The color is beautiful too. I was doubting between this white one and the blue one, eventually chose the blue one :D

Some time ago someone mentioned that the handlebar ends could flex quite a lot, like one centimeter each way. Is this still the case or is this issue resolved now?

Thanks!

I tried to flex the handlebars and they are stiff as hell (or I'm weak as a pussy  ;D). No substantial flex

crmlcrm

« Reply #618 on: October 16, 2024, 07:07:27 AM »
Nice colors, the red brake calipers compliment the white frame and black wheels.

A question on your full mechanical shifting, do you notice any friction? What housing and cables did you use? I'm planning on going mechanical too and would love to hear your choices :)

My order has been shipped but DPD tracking didn't show up yet.

Cnasta

« Reply #619 on: October 16, 2024, 07:31:54 AM »
So my frame arrived and I got busy assembling the bike.

The frame came in a slightly crumbled box but the content was intact and not damaged, wrapped in what they called silk foam. I spent 20 minutes unwrapping it  ;D

Frame itself is beautiful, well made, inside is smooth with no visible overruns or sharp edges. Brake mount surfaces are faced but could be better. I'm using Juin F1 hydro-mechs and rear caliper did fit (160 mm) by the skin of my teeth. Cutting the fork steerer was a bit scary experience because I never cut carbon which is easy to plunge into with a sharp saw.

The pain in the arse was guiding the cables through the handlebar and there's where I lost most of the time. You need to sort 4 cables (I'm using 105 mechanical) and then guide them through narrow spaces. After lot of struggle, I helped myself by guiding the old shifting cable from the opposite side and it served as a guide for the cable housings to easily go out. Other parts went pretty easily. Still need to do the derailleurs, tighten everything up with the torque wrench, do some adjustments and do the handlebar tape.

The whole bike came around 8 kg's with pedals and bottle cages. Feels solid and light. Had no chance to try it yet but sitting on it feels good in terms of my body position. I'm coming from the endurance geometry (Trek Domane) and I'm almost 50 years old so I left the full stack of spacers (which are aluminum and the C ring is a new design) so I'll be able to adjust the handlebar height eventually if I need to slam it furthermore. Can't wait to ride it but have a busy schedule these days.

Cheers!

Looks really nice. Would probably go for that color on my next roadbike as well. Ultegra Di2 would be lighte I guess.

One thing, if I would have to nag, the logo's of the tire should line up with the valve stems :)

lkbfreak

« Reply #620 on: October 16, 2024, 01:47:59 PM »
Nice colors, the red brake calipers compliment the white frame and black wheels.

A question on your full mechanical shifting, do you notice any friction? What housing and cables did you use? I'm planning on going mechanical too and would love to hear your choices :)

My order has been shipped but DPD tracking didn't show up yet.

I'm running full outer casings through the frame and I used shimano original casing sets with cables and ends. For brakes also shimano outings and RFR cables. No friction or difference in shifting or braking from my previous bike. I have no money for electronic groupset and don't want to use full hydros because of bleeding and maintenance so I use hydro-mechs. Just replace the cable when needed and the stopping power is good enough for me. I'm not racing or sprinting or anything, just enjoying the rides and having fun.

lkbfreak

« Reply #621 on: October 16, 2024, 01:51:18 PM »
Looks really nice. Would probably go for that color on my next roadbike as well. Ultegra Di2 would be lighte I guess.

One thing, if I would have to nag, the logo's of the tire should line up with the valve stems :)

Thanks. I compared mechanical to Di2 105 and turns out that mechanical is lighter.  ;D Not much but is. I don't like having to charge a simple thing as a bike so still not getting into electronic shifting. I'm old school I guess.

And yes, I noticed to. As soon as I will have time I will correct the sacrilege!  8)

lkbfreak

« Reply #622 on: Today at 12:42:35 AM »
I finally built the bike and it rides like a dream! Will post some pictures as soon as the sun shows up and do the justice on color and stuff.

Does anyone knows where to get rubber grommets to close the rear and front derailleur cable ports because they seem like a possible water ingress holes? If you are using a DIY stuff please post a pic or link.

Thanx

Rioken

« Reply #623 on: Today at 06:33:19 AM »
I finally built the bike and it rides like a dream! Will post some pictures as soon as the sun shows up and do the justice on color and stuff.

Does anyone knows where to get rubber grommets to close the rear and front derailleur cable ports because they seem like a possible water ingress holes? If you are using a DIY stuff please post a pic or link.

Thanx

I used the supplied grommets for my di2 cables and stuck a piece of tape over the hole that a mechanical front derailleur would use. Not sure how well it will hold, but I'm not too worried since there is a drain hole on the bottom of the BB area.