Author Topic: Just ordered the Winspace C5. Appreciate Ali tips on Shimano Groupsets  (Read 397 times)

Manfrotto

After long deliberation and a lot of comparisons, ordered the C5 in Roubaix colour. Any tips on Ali Express sites for groupsets appreciated. Looking for wireless Di2 Ultegra. Probably will not worry about a crankset because will get a Magene spider power meter.

jefflinde

Check out Merlin cycles. They have the best prices on shimano and actually have sales on the Di2 stuff.  Usually their groups come with a crank but you could always sell it. They rival Ali express in price and for me in the US at least the shipping is like 2 days vs a a few weeks.  Plus it is all legit and covered by warranty since it is an actual shop selling it.

Otherwise just search Ali express ad piece together what you want. Most sellers tend to have and then not have stock so I have to source from different ones each time I am looking.

repoman

I've bought grey market groups on Ebay for both Shimano and Sram, last one was 105 Di2 with good luck. 
Massive discount with the caveat that there is most likely no warranty.

jonathanf2

After long deliberation and a lot of comparisons, ordered the C5 in Roubaix colour. Any tips on Ali Express sites for groupsets appreciated. Looking for wireless Di2 Ultegra. Probably will not worry about a crankset because will get a Magene spider power meter.

I'd probably go the Ebay or used route for Ultegra Di2. 105 Di2 seems plentiful on AliEx though.

Manfrotto

Check out Merlin cycles. They have the best prices on shimano and actually have sales on the Di2 stuff.  Usually their groups come with a crank but you could always sell it. They rival Ali express in price and for me in the US at least the shipping is like 2 days vs a a few weeks.  Plus it is all legit and covered by warranty since it is an actual shop selling it.

Otherwise just search Ali express ad piece together what you want. Most sellers tend to have and then not have stock so I have to source from different ones each time I am looking.

Yeah good point. Been waiting 4 months for Merlin to get 165mm cranks. So I guess I could just suck it up and sell the 170s when they arrive