Author Topic: Xiamen Carbon Speed 10 years anniversary special promotion  (Read 4256 times)

PeterXu

Re: Xiamen Carbon Speed 10 years anniversary special promotion
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2024, 11:52:47 PM »
Hello, I am interested in CS-D50CU-33 wheelset. 

-Where can I learn more about availability of hub & spoke options?  Probably DT240 & CX-Ray but would like to understand pricing for other options.
-Interested in your spoke drill & assembly QA/tolerances and lacing also.  (e.g. CNC drilled?)
-Also interested in surface finish options - would ideally like satin and unpainted ("paint-less") depending on the carbon finish but can also do matte black.
-Interested in pricing and assembled mass/weight.

Thank you in advance!

P.S. I'm motivated to upgrade my wheels but I'm also new here - if someone sees an opportunity to educate me or suggest better choices I'd appreciate it.
Thanks for your inquiry. I think I should just have replied your message on WhatsApp.
Carbon rims, wheels, frames and components manufacturer
peter@xmcarbonspeed.com  petercycles@foxmail.com
WhatsApp: +86 18250808148
www.xmcarbonspeed.com

pavlo.k

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2024, 02:54:14 AM »
Very interested in hearing more about this. How are you having the wheels built? What tires are you going to use?
I went for their own in-house hubs and pillar 1420 spokes. According to Peter they should come up at around 1520g which is not the lightest but considering the price, depth, and width of the rims, I think it's excellent.
I'm planning to use 30c tires which will probably end up much wider

fhold

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2024, 04:47:26 AM »
I just ordered a pair of wheels from peter with the following specs:

D40CU-33 rims T800 version 24/24H UD Matt with assembly holes in the rim bead.
Carbon Speed custom hubs 36T rachets center lock straight pull for 100*12/142*12 with Shimano driver
Pillar 1420 spokes
Pillar aluminum nipples

Will report back when i receive them.

Until now it was a great pleasure communicating with peter. Fast, friendly and very responsive.

Macedingle

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2024, 06:13:10 AM »
I just ordered a pair of wheels from peter with the following specs:

D40CU-33 rims T800 version 24/24H UD Matt with assembly holes in the rim bead.
Carbon Speed custom hubs 36T rachets center lock straight pull for 100*12/142*12 with Shimano driver
Pillar 1420 spokes
Pillar aluminum nipples

How much did you pay for them? Not sure why pricing on these is so opaque.

Serge_K

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2024, 06:52:54 AM »

to be fair it's very easy to get quotes from Peter, but typically a wheelset with house hubs and steel spokes will be in the 500$ range, and with carbon spokes in the 700 range. If you want branded hubs it adds to the cost. But i agree it wouldnt hurt to know about pricing when people post their builds.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

fhold

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2024, 07:47:30 AM »

With the 10 year discount action I paid 435 USD/pair plus 110 USD shipping incl. prepaid taxes, so 545 USD in total.

Macedingle

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2024, 09:36:46 AM »
to be fair it's very easy to get quotes from Peter, but typically a wheelset with house hubs and steel spokes will be in the 500$ range, and with carbon spokes in the 700 range. If you want branded hubs it adds to the cost. But i agree it wouldnt hurt to know about pricing when people post their builds.

I understand that it’s really easy to get quotes from Peter, but that immediately removes the pricing from public and put it into a private conversation. I think the better way for him to go about this is when Peter makes the post he should list the cheapest build cost and the most expensive build cost so people can at least see the price range for his products. If he was more upfront about pricing by putting a price range instead of saying email me or WhatsApp me, I think it would drive more interest because consumers could see on the front end what they might pay.

coffeebreak

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2024, 03:55:05 PM »
I understand that it’s really easy to get quotes from Peter, but that immediately removes the pricing from public and put it into a private conversation. I think the better way for him to go about this is when Peter makes the post he should list the cheapest build cost and the most expensive build cost so people can at least see the price range for his products. If he was more upfront about pricing by putting a price range instead of saying email me or WhatsApp me, I think it would drive more interest because consumers could see on the front end what they might pay.

I agree. Also judging by what has been mentioned, are those prices really good v/s what you can do on Aliexpress with brands like Go-zone, CSC, Elite and many others? I guess I'm trying to understand the hassle of chatting on WhatsApp or email and placing an order when you can get 1300 grams 50mm deep wheelsets for same price on Aliexpress sometimes with free shipping even.

PeterXu

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2024, 07:59:43 PM »
Thank you guys for your suggestions. Why I didn't want to list pricing here when I created this thread there are quite a few some other Chinese companies posting and viewing every day here on this public forum. And people are looking for different options.

I modified my 1st post with price range just now. However we don't sell anything on Aliexpress, we don't think it is worthy of time to explain quality or price difference between our products and theirs, for example, many guys mistake our company for CSC(Carbon Speed Cycle), that causes we need to say full company name to others every time,  and some sellers on Aliexpress they are just resellers without bottom line and they don't keep their words to offer after-sale service but they would decrease their pricing again and again to sell items. I am not saying all sellers or stuff on Aliexpress are not good, just saying that we don't want to sell products there. As manufacturer we attend to the bicycle fair like Interbike or Eurobike show so we got numbers of OEM clients to cooperate with, some of them are name brands. Our pricing varies depending on many factors and is constantly evolving, but QUALITY and SERVICE are the most important as always , old members here know our company very well, and we offer wheelsets at almost price points. We can provide an indicative quote very quickly via WhatsApp or email, so please don't hesitate to get in touch. Thank you guys.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2024, 08:34:06 PM by PeterXu »
Carbon rims, wheels, frames and components manufacturer
peter@xmcarbonspeed.com  petercycles@foxmail.com
WhatsApp: +86 18250808148
www.xmcarbonspeed.com

KaiDeus

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2024, 04:41:11 AM »
I'm intereset in the 33mm wide rims.

Does anybody know how a 30mm GP5000 will sit with these 26mm inner width rims? Will it be around 33mm?

Macedingle

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2024, 03:55:53 PM »
Just wanted to follow up and say I had a really great conversation with Peter about how going forward he can share a little bit more pricing in his posts so we as consumers can more easily make purchasing decisions. After my conversation with him, I do believe he probably has some of the best customer service of all the vendors on this forum and in the future, my next pair of wheels will be purchased from him.

Lumenir

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2024, 01:13:37 AM »
I'm intereset in the 33mm wide rims.

Does anybody know how a 30mm GP5000 will sit with these 26mm inner width rims? Will it be around 33mm?

I just received my wheels, and put gp 5000 s tr 30 on them, and they sit really in line with the rim.
I can provide measurements and pic tonight(~8h)

KaiDeus

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2024, 03:28:36 AM »
I just received my wheels, and put gp 5000 s tr 30 on them, and they sit really in line with the rim.

That would be great, thanks!

Aradell

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2024, 08:35:14 AM »

Really interested in this exact combo as well!

Lumenir

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2024, 01:54:49 PM »
Okay so as promised, pic of wheels with also a short review.
I bought the wheels because of Serge's propaganda
I haven't tried them yet bc I'm still missing some parts (aliexpress in france sucks)

Wheels are carbon speed own hub, looks like every other ratchet hub, 1420 pillar spokes, and 50x33 rim

weight is 1371g. Note that rim tape and valves are not included.
GP 5K S TR 30 are 33mm wide, so they fit perfectly, and follow the rim nicely.

Hub is really loud, but I feel like there is also no grease, so I bought dt swiss ratchet grease to try.

Decals cost 30 euros, thanks to a price reduction from Peter.

Bought them 23/08, arrived  27/09.

Buying experience was really nice, peter was really helpful, and gave me advices on what to buy. He also made the decals himself based on a bad photoshop that I did.

I will make another review once I've done around 200km with them