Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

Sanity check my P9 build, please!

<< < (2/9) > >>

deezums:
Thanks! And thanks for the offer, if you've got a way to export a DXF or something similar I wouldn't mind taking a look! I believe I am +/-5mm or so right now, I used the more detailed Medium sided frame drawing and traced the piviot points and frame.

I'm in love with this bike already, the inaugural ride with no brakes went flawlessly besides me getting too confident in the mud! More like clay, that crap stuck! I locked the front wheel up on the fork but the rear has clearance for days! Wish the weather would cooperate more...

chetosmachine:
I attach what I have, yours might be better as you can measure the real thing =)

For me it was just a quick work to see how I would fit.

I hope weather cooperates, you put brakes and make a nice review of the bike ;)

Cheers

Sitar_Ned:
wow this is really great info guys, thanks for sharing. Love the build.. super jealous! I don't need another bike!

deezums:
Thank you both  :)

I'll compare the measurements you have with my own and see if there are any huge differences!

Water, water in the downtube!! There is no drain hole, I had to remove the bottom bracket! I need to check and see if any of the ISGC tapped holes go through into the frame, if they do maybe I can get a vented screw to use as a water drain. I really, really don't want to drill a hole anywhere! It seems an extra small hole could be placed in the aluminum BSA bracket pointing down, I will send a e-mail to Ican and see if they take suggestions...

Also, the wheels have taken on water! That's probably gonna get at the sticky side of my tape and ruin it!

Is this normal for carbon bits? To be fair, I'd call the amount of water I used cleaning mud about the same as throwing it in a lake. It's also unfair to call it mud, it was more clay  ;D

I did a few things this evening, nothing too exciting. I took advantage of the Horst link and purchased some 50mm heat shrink and cut it into sections, then disassembled the rear pivots and slipped it over the chainstay for a ghetto chain guard! If you do this trick, I suggest shrinking the wheel and ground facing side before doing the outer and upper face as it seems to pull the heat shrink tighter with less heat and looks a little neater in the end. Lots of the heat shrink this size has glue included and takes much more heat to shrink, I wouldn't get that stuff!

https://s17.postimg.org/lz88ucan1/IMG_20180122_185229.jpg

I also bled the dropper post and I'm happy to report it works a lot more reliably than it did when I got it! It used to get ~1" of soft travel if you were to stop midway in the stroke occasionally, not very good. I haven't had that issue since the bleed, it only has ~1mm of vertical play. I am also glad I did not get a 150mm travel post, I would not be able to use the extra travel!

My brakes are still somewhere between the UK and USA, I may check the tracking number rather frequently  ;D

More to come  :)

lRaphl:
I really like your idea of heat shrink. Cleaner than anything I've seen so far.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version