Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

Best chiner carbon wheelset for road?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jerryno:

--- Quote from: Calvino on May 21, 2018, 04:11:23 PM ---But weight, braking and sideflex aside i absolutely loved them.

--- End quote ---
This I don't understand much. What is left to love on wheelset that is heavy, brakes poorly and sideflexes? How can you love something so flawed?

Calvino:
Seems really strange, huh? Well i said braking is poor, but i'm used to excellent alloy rims or pretty powerfull Shimano deore disc brakes on my mtb so a lot is "pretty bad" in my opinion.
i don't think that the weight has such a impact since, as i said, the stiffness really makes up for it.
I mainly love them since im more of a aero-geek, so weight and cornering ability isn't all that importnat. Braking needs to be sufficient and not more. For mountians i use disc brakes or alloy rims
and it all sounds quite a bit exaggerated

samroy92:
Wheels came in yesterday.

Got the 25mm wide, 38mm deep tubeless clinchers. I couldn't get the tire to inflate! I tried all the tricks in the book and even took it to a bike shop with a compressor - they couldn't either! I bought the Maxxis 25C padrone TR tires. Anyway the shop tried another tire and it worked fine. So now I have another pair of tires on the way (this time 28C). Other than that I am super happy with the wheelset, the weight was about 1550-1600g so around what I was expecting. And the packaging was great, customer service also great.

Pics:
Because is ginormous on this forum... https://imgur.com/a/l9Ysu2W

carbonazza:

--- Quote from: samroy92 on May 22, 2018, 07:29:32 PM ---Because is ginormous on this forum...

--- End quote ---

You can add a width in the img tag to make the picture smaller.
[ img width=800 ]https://i.imgur.com/4wraInf.jpg[ img ]
And you can click the image to zoom.

lRaphl:
So you went tubeless if I understand well? Can you give us a little report about how you like it and also about the black prince brake pads please?

Thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version