Author Topic: Stumpjumper clone  (Read 47212 times)

Goodzilla

Re: Stumpjumper clone
« Reply #150 on: September 04, 2021, 12:52:04 PM »
Maybe I can help you I’ve ridden mine rough downhills and there is no flex but some of spacers and bearing have to be shimmed to end with no play and smooth moving

niamakk

« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2021, 01:23:09 AM »
Hi guys, I’m new owner from Malaysia here. I order my frame on July got it on august due to shortage of hubs.. and just built up, almost complete waiting for downtube bb protector, chain stay wrap

xlam

« Reply #152 on: October 16, 2021, 04:02:28 PM »
Hello everyone!
Assembled a bike on a frame from AirWolf. I waited a very long time for production (one and a half months), and then another 3.5 weeks of delivery. I turned to him because of the promises to make any color (I wanted the blue SJ 2019 Expert), but it turned out that he can only do a few templates. He applies the logo and text with a sticker, not under the varnish.
The terrible quality of the metal inside the thread in the frame, one bolt turned (the frame was sent to me disassembled due to the restrictions of the postal service on the dimensions of the parcel), but at a risk, I put it on the blue thread lock. Perhaps I will order a new bolt from the turner, since the thread in the frame is deep, and the screw (similar to the original one) uses only ~ 7mm of it.
I took a RockShox rear shock, ordered an original flip chip, and here is the first failure - it does not fit the Chinese link (EXTENSION). The height of the flip chip is about 16mm, and the groove in the link is 13.7mm. Using physical force, I inserted a shock absorber into the link, but it looks unsafe. I ordered a 14mm bushing for an 8mm bolt. The original bolt for the upper mounting of the shock absorber was too long, shortened it by 3mm (this was reported above in the topic). I also ordered a 21.8x6mm top mount bushing, and it fits much better than the included bushing (it got loose). So if you use an RS shock absorber, then order 21.8x6 and 14x8 bushings right away, you will save a lot of nerves. I would be grateful if you could recommend FOX hubs (I only use RS on my bikes and am not familiar with FOX).
I did not succeed in closing the cable routing hole as in the tips above (with a rubber plug). I sealed the place with a protective film, made a hole in it, and pulled the cables through them.
The original chain guard fit perfectly, as did the axle. I also used another clamp, the Chinese one is huge (and heavy).
Depth for seat post approx. 170-175mm (frame size L).

After assembly, as in the photo (without bottle), the weight came out 12.85kg
The RS Super Deluxe shock has a very large reservoir can, which interferes with a 750mm bottle with a cap. I'm thinking of putting Fox on, it has a smaller tank :)

P.S. Sorry for my english (google) :)

naeTech

« Reply #153 on: October 19, 2021, 10:21:43 AM »
I buy such frame in L size and white color from another aliexpress seller.
Briefly:
This is high modulus carbon frame like original SJ MY19.
But... i kill tread on one rear bolt (M12 body and M11x1 tread) - make new from В95Т1 alloy on home lathe.
Top eye shock M6x1 bolt was 90 degree champfer, but frame (as original) have 120 degree champfer... make new from В95Т1 alloy on home lathe.
There is no holes for place hosings in middle tube (as in original manual), but SWAT hile is absent and all housing plased in bottom tube.
I buy dropper OneUp v2 180mm. Frame have slight problem to place dropper more than 17cm, but i cut 1mm from diameter of dropper ass and get 22 cm!
Original bolts have rubber seal, i simple print TPU seal on printer.
Complect seat post clamp have ~40.5mm diameter instead 38.6mm, buy right item on aliexpress.
Original flipchip have big size and you need mill additional space in yoke if you whant it. As i understand that tight flipchip block bottom eye frop any rotation. But default china yoke set in "XC" position - not bad choice.

Geometry precisely mathed to info by aliexpress lots! But have no such geometries in linkage web base. See attached *.itx file for linkageX3 software.
For this frame maximum drive chain about 32T, but pedal efficiency at this 90..80%, if you move gravity mass to front - efficiency increase. I think that 28T (or may be 26T oval) and 9..42T cog wery good variant - for 28T drive antisquat about 100..110%.

Positives:
$800
Nice look.
Light weight (may be it good moment).
Compatible with  "old" common 210x55 shox - simple to find in sale section.

Negatives:
No SWAT! $(
No frame guards (use 3d printer...)
Decals above paint lyers. I use oraguard anti stone TPU film.
Frame have very thin wall in BB link region - may be this is normal, but...

« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 10:43:08 PM by naeTech »

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #154 on: October 22, 2021, 11:06:09 PM »
Hello from Russia!
I buy such frame in L size and white color from another aliexpress seller.
Briefly:
This is high modulus carbon frame like original SJ MY19.
But... i kill tread on one rear bolt (M12 body and M11x1 tread) - make new from В95Т1 alloy on home lathe.
Top eye shock M6x1 bolt was 90 degree champfer, but frame (as original) have 120 degree champfer... make new from В95Т1 alloy on home lathe.
There is no holes for place hosings in middle tube (as in original manual), but SWAT hile is absent and all housing plased in bottom tube.
I buy dropper OneUp v2 180mm. Frame have slight problem to place dropper more than 17cm, but i cut 1mm from diameter of dropper ass and get 22 cm!
Original bolts have rubber seal, i simple print TPU seal on printer.
Complect seat post clamp have ~40.5mm diameter instead 38.6mm, buy right item on aliexpress.
Original flipchip have big size and you need mill additional space in yoke if you whant it. As i understand that tight flipchip block bottom eye frop any rotation. But default china yoke set in "XC" position - not bad choice.

Geometry precisely mathed to info by aliexpress lots! But have no such geometries in linkage web base. See attached *.itx file for linkageX3 software.
For this frame maximum drive chain about 32T, but pedal efficiency at this 90..80%, if you move gravity mass to front - efficiency increase. I think that 28T (or may be 26T oval) and 9..42T cog wery good variant - for 28T drive antisquat about 100..110%.

Positives:
$800
Nice look.
Light weight (may be it good moment).
Compatible with  "old" common 210x55 shox - simple to find in sale section.

Negatives:
No SWAT! $(
No frame guards (use 3d printer...)
Decals above paint lyers. I use oraguard anti stone TPU film.
Frame have very thin wall in BB link region - may be this is normal, but...

Good job making everything work correctly.

xlam

« Reply #155 on: October 23, 2021, 04:28:43 PM »
After riding the trail, I checked the bolts on the lower links on the frame. They destroyed the threads and turned effortlessly in it. I ordered new bolts, longer ones, as the threads in the frame are much deeper. At the same time, I changed the bearings to normal ones (2RS), there were bearings that were not intended for such conditions (sand was clogged in them after the first trips).
The bottom shock absorber bushing 14 * 8 fits perfectly into place, much stronger than a flip chip.

SVChucko

« Reply #156 on: October 23, 2021, 07:45:22 PM »
Where did you buy bolts like those?

xlam

« Reply #157 on: October 24, 2021, 02:15:45 AM »
Where did you buy bolts like those?
Hello! I ordered the bolts to be made by a craftsman who has a lathe.

SVChucko

« Reply #158 on: October 24, 2021, 03:33:42 PM »

I should have guessed. Thank you.

carbonazza

« Reply #159 on: October 25, 2021, 03:52:49 AM »
Do you remember what stainless steel they did use ?

xlam

« Reply #160 on: October 25, 2021, 10:17:07 AM »
Do you remember what stainless steel they did use ?
Bolts made of aluminum, not steel.
The original bolts (specialized) are made of aluminum, and so are the Chinese ones. The master said that the Chinese bolts with a tapered thread, it is less than necessary for the M12x1.

P.S. I also asked to make it a hexagon 6, not 8. And now all the bolts and the axle can be tightened with one tool.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 10:18:47 AM by xlam »

Castolian

« Reply #161 on: November 16, 2021, 11:28:42 AM »
Finally got all my parts together now just going to build it out,

Frame : Medium
Fork : 2019 Fox Rhythm 36 (160mm) got the parts to go to 150mm if needed
Rear Shock : RockShox Deluxe Ultimate RCT Rear Shock - 210 x 50mm
Wheels : Syncros 2.0
Dropper post : Specialized Command Post Wu 150mm drop
Pedals : Crankbrothers stamp3
Groupset Including brakes and rotors : SHimano SLX M7100 (160mm rotor at back and 180mm rotor in front)
Bar : Rapide Hi Rizer bar (35mm)
Stem : Lyne Amp35 Alloy stem
Grips : Rapide Isolator Lock on grips
Saddle : Rapide TF 147 Saddle

I also bought the bearings, flipchip, downtube protection and Chainstay protector from specialized. Still deciding if I will be using the flip chip or the new bushing I have ordered to fit without using the flip chip.

Will put up some pictures once it has been built.

Thank for all the info in this thread.

naeTech

« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2021, 08:48:15 PM »
Please, check inner shim between couples of 6801 bearings in rear node - my frame have no this in stock condition. Also some bearings have loose fit and need locktite.

Bos

« Reply #163 on: November 20, 2021, 12:12:15 PM »
I have been following this thread for a while now, thinking about a 3rd Chinese carbon frame, I am currently on a Ican P9.

I must say, this frame seems to have a lot of little niggles. I'm in South Africa, and currently, supply is low on a lot of stuff, so not the time to be doing anything silly.
The P9's are pretty sorted. Solid out the box. Mine is almost 2 years old and it hasn't given me a moment of issues. The Geo is slightly dated, mostly the HA.

Can anyone give some ride reviews? The SA on these also look pretty slack?

Thanks

Castolian

« Reply #164 on: November 30, 2021, 05:49:15 AM »
Hi Everyone,

To those who have built it up what torque specs did you use for the frame bolts, linkage etc?

Thank is advance