Author Topic: ICAN triaero A9  (Read 31870 times)

Eboht

Re: ICAN triaero A9
« Reply #180 on: April 06, 2023, 10:38:21 AM »
Ok, it has been a while but my A9 is doing well. I worked out a few issues with other components (Ultegra 8020 not shifting that well with the 11-speed Durace chain until I replaced the chain for a 12 speed Durace/9100 model), handlebar tape and a wider/shorter saddle.

It's a lovely bike now. The XL model works for me (1.96cm) running 175cm cranks. Seatpost has plenty of room left still. Pretty stiff where I want it to be, but - helped by the 32c tires - plenty compliant, am using the standard headset, and there is no play. Having this bike now makes me a little more observant when I see other brand-name bikes and I started to notice a few look alikes. i.e. Polygon Helios looks almost identical, to some of the Scott models - it might just be a popular shape?

Added a few pics for the interested ones just after build, before any fine-tuning.

Goe

« Reply #181 on: May 05, 2023, 03:53:55 AM »
Hi All,

Thanks for all the guidance, I have read everything which has been very helpful! I am thinking of pulling the trigger soon on a size 56. I am 186cm and I think several people of similar heights have gone with this size and gone for a longer stem. Doing this however means the stock bars would all be too short, I therefore will source my own. Peggy has said this means it will not come with a headset however.

Does anyone have any guidance on headsets for this frame? She has said it is the standard ican HS373 which si an FSA no.42 however it doesn't like that's a headset for integrated cabling.

I believe some others have opted to get their own bars?

Thanks in advance.

xicsx

« Reply #182 on: May 05, 2023, 05:41:25 AM »
I strongly advise you not to buy the integrated handlebar model HB017 but HB21 because it is not possible to tighten well and there is always a little slack,while with the HB21 model, once tightened it doesn't move anymore.

Goe

« Reply #183 on: May 05, 2023, 11:12:07 AM »
Thanks very much for the heads up. I think I will go for a non-ican bar as I'm after one with a 130mm stem which they don't do. unless I size up in which case I could go for the HB21 on your suggestion thanks.

Atbeck

« Reply #184 on: November 23, 2023, 06:00:48 AM »
No problem. See below, there is 4-5mm free on either side near the BB.

Tire is at 80psi.

Sorry for resurrecting, but how wide do the 32c tires measure out on your set up?

Do you have any wear from rub in the rear chainstays by the bb after a year or so?

Close to pulling the trigger but attached to using some bontrager 3vs I have which are wiiide.