Author Topic: ICAN triaero A9  (Read 32130 times)

tx

Re: ICAN triaero A9
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2021, 01:02:47 AM »
Had a very bad experience with ICAN Bikes.
The picture of the whole frameset and accessories was taken before they shipped to me. I was super excited until I received the frameset.
On receiving the frame I notice there was a patch inside the headtube that creates a bump on the outside of the headtube.
They said the patch and bump will not affect the quality of the bike or reliability of the bike structure. WHAT???? (How about 5 years down the line or resale value as new or used frameset?)

They said they will replace the frameset if I send it back to them. Why send such bad quality frameset to me in the first place???????????????
They made it sound like they had a replacement frame waiting for me. But once I successfully sent the frameset back to them they told me it will take another 30 to 40 days to make/paint my cream colour frame choice.
They claim they had an option of a sample frame with already cut fork but I refused that because there is no way to predict or control the stack height.
They also claim they had the UD matte black ready to ship which I wanted to consider but the communication was too slow and I had already lost the trust, so I decided to get a refund instead.

Who know what other area of their frames they have patched and spray paint over. OMG!

I finally got my refunds approved by Alibaba after sending back the frameset to a local address because they only wanted the lowest shipping cost of return to them.
I lost 211 USD in the transaction due to customs duty and sending the frameset to the local address they gave me.

The order was made on 5th Nov. 2020 got my money refunds approval Jan 4th 2021 by Alibaba.

I am really disappointed, sad and super pissed. A lot of money, time, effort wasted in research and preparing for this project.
All the parts for building the frame arrived and now need to start all over researching what frameset to get. (Any suggestions?)

Make sure your quality expectations aligns 100% with ICAN bikes or any other Chinese frame maker before they ship to you.
Ask for pictures of inside the headtube and bottom bracket at least.

I do not wish this for anyone. It is very painful and time wasting.

-----Update 3rd Feb 2021 ---

ICAN reached out and apologized for the situation from my last post. They have refunded me the money I loss due to customs duty and frameset return shipping.
Maybe in the future I will deal again but I have already ordered the TT-X21 from TanTan.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 01:20:00 AM by tx »

Tetrapol

« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2021, 02:51:43 PM »
My project:
A9 frame + ican aero 55+ sram red axs 2X12V
I hope frame does not have the same problem. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 03:00:35 PM by Tetrapol »

mhenry

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2021, 08:04:05 AM »
Hey you have good news?

I'm afraid not. ICAN says it was sent on 14 December, but the tracking only link says 'Label Created', not 'Shipped'. I've sent a few e-mails asking for status updates. The latest info I have is: 'The shipping company has submitted the documents to the customs and is now waiting for the customs to review and release.
We have 20 items in this situation, so don’t worry, the shipping company will find a solution.'

Matt_C

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2021, 05:02:13 AM »
I have placed another order with ICAN they told me that due to Covid-19 the shipping is an absolute mess. Living in London means Brexit has added to those complications. Perry told me some of their frames destined for the UK have been stuck in Europe for 2 months because customs don't have a clue what to do with them or how to process them (I think this also might be do do with some kind of loophole closing that Chinese companies were using to get items into Europe. Many expensive items that i should have had to pay tax on came into Europe via Amsterdam and I never had to pay a penny. Other items that didn't come in via Amsterdam I had to pay the tax). The items are now being shipped via DHL and I will be paying my own tax on them. I will keep you guys updated on item quality and shipping times.

tx

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2021, 06:35:32 PM »
My project:
A9 frame + ican aero 55+ sram red axs 2X12V
I hope frame does not have the same problem. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Hi, any update on your A9 project?

Krapotke

« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2021, 08:33:24 AM »
Hey my Frame just arrvived very quick. It was send on Tuesday and arrived 2 days later in Germany :o
For the painting I had to wait 4 weeks! So all in all I am super happy.

But just one thing makes me suspicious..

I didn`t see any threads in this holes to attach the rear brake.. is this normal?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 11:56:06 AM by Krapotke »

Matt_C

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2021, 08:41:24 AM »
Hey my Frame just arrvived very quick. It was send on Tuesday and arrived 2 days later in Germany :o
For the painting I had to wait 3 weeks! So all in all I am super happy.

But just one thing makes me suspicious..

I didn`t see any threads in this holes to attach the rear brake.. is this normal?

Please send on some pictures!

Yes the holes for mounting brake calipers shouldnt be threaded. a bolt screws directly into the caliper from below so threads are not needed. look at the pictures in another A9 thread: http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3123.0.html

Krapotke

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2021, 09:09:59 AM »
Please send on some pictures!

Yes the holes for mounting brake calipers shouldnt be threaded. a bolt screws directly into the caliper from below so threads are not needed. look at the pictures in another A9 thread: http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3123.0.html

Thanks! Then I am completly fine with my frameset  ;D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 10:04:06 AM by Krapotke »

carbonazza

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2021, 02:20:37 PM »
Thanks! Then I am completly fine with my frameset  ;D

It is called Flatmount, another type of brake mount.
If you have postMount calipers, there are adapters.
And insure the length of the bolts you need, they differ, depending on the height of the frame at these holes.
In addition, they are usually sized for a 140mm disc, and you need an adapter if you put 160mm discs.

tx

« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2021, 01:18:50 AM »
-----Update 3rd Feb 2021 ---

ICAN reached out and apologized for the situation from my last post. They have refunded me the money I loss due to customs duty and frameset return shipping.
Maybe in the future I will deal again but I have already ordered the TT-X21 from TanTan.

Matt_C

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2021, 07:12:54 AM »
Out for a ride with a mate today. Does it look like there's nearly a 10k price difference? Definitely doesn't perform like there is. ;D

tx

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2021, 07:57:59 AM »
Out for a ride with a mate today. Does it look like there's nearly a 10k price difference? Definitely doesn't perform like there is. ;D

Your A9 looks really awesome!
Sad I missed out  on this nice frameset.

carbonazza

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2021, 03:03:09 PM »
We share the same kind of expensive friends  ;)
Not sure, but it looks the derailleur is not tensioning enough the chain.

Matt_C

« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2021, 03:35:52 PM »
We share the same kind of expensive friends  ;)
Not sure, but it looks the derailleur is not tensioning enough the chain.

Yes you are right about the chain. The OSPW only has one option for spring tension and it is too loose. If I shorten the chain to increase the tension then it skips in the 28 cog. I haven't had any chain drop or shifting issues, it just looks a bit slack. I am eyeing up the KCNC OSPW, looks really well made.

Ossip

« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2021, 02:55:38 AM »

what is your framesize?