Author Topic: Velo Build R-099 Build  (Read 38641 times)

Bikeoiv

Re: Velo Build R-099 Build
« Reply #240 on: August 27, 2023, 06:44:37 PM »
Hi! Has anyone built the frame with di2, and if so, how did you mount the battery?

hazzer19

« Reply #241 on: August 28, 2023, 10:35:10 AM »
Hi! Has anyone built the frame with di2, and if so, how did you mount the battery?

In this respect I don't imagine it being too different than the 168. I put the battery in the seat tube of my 168 with a small amount of packing foam to secure it in place

daniel87

« Reply #242 on: August 28, 2023, 03:32:19 PM »
Here's my build so far. Still suffering with the headset play issue though. I ordered some microspacers and hope this will take care of the problem.

So  did you solve the problem?

Sebastian

« Reply #243 on: August 29, 2023, 03:03:03 AM »
Here’s a build I did for a friend.
I was overall very impressed by the quality of the frame.

The BB was nicely finished and I measured it to be consistently round and within spec. It seemed to have been machined to spec.

I did have the headset play issue. It’s really just the stupid compression ring making things complicated. One micro spacer solved the issue. I’m also very impressed by the bars. Routing was easy. Finish is nice. Very stiff. Too bad they don’t come in more sizes.

We had some issues with the seatpost slipping. I’ll probably have to add some tape. And I had to face the brake mounts. It was pretty laborious to get the thing rub free.
The discs were also not 100% true which didn’t help.

I’ll post my thoughts on the LTWOO RX12 in the respective thread. Some positives, some negatives. And I can’t get the RD to index flawlessly. Very annoying.

Final weight as pictured including pedals and cages is 8.6kg

joegal

« Reply #244 on: August 29, 2023, 03:40:02 AM »
And I had to face the brake mounts. It was pretty laborious to get the thing rub free.

Did you face the brake mounts yourself?
Do you have the proper tooling or how did you approach this?

bichler.bua

« Reply #245 on: August 29, 2023, 04:46:12 AM »
For people  who ordered the zero offset seatpost, how much does it reduce the reach?

I do not think seatpost adjustement or setback is used to change reach. The seatpost is adjusted so that the ball of your foot is above the pedal axle with the crank arm in horizontal position.
Having the saddle too far back or front will create issues, so the saddle position creates comfort and efficiency for pedaling.
For adjusting reach and stack you will modify the stem and bar.

Sebastian

« Reply #246 on: August 29, 2023, 07:06:51 AM »
Did you face the brake mounts yourself?
Do you have the proper tooling or how did you approach this?

No. I don't have a proper facing tool, unfortunately. I really only sanded it down carefully by hand and checked regularly if the adapter was properly flat on the frame surface. So I did not properly face it. It was obvious however what was causing the issue. There was excessive paint on one side that I sanded off. Especially on the rear brake mount.

Bikeoiv

« Reply #247 on: August 29, 2023, 07:07:17 AM »
Nice build! Does anyone know if the fork needs an adapter to use 160mm rotor?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 07:13:47 AM by Bikeoiv »

Sebastian

« Reply #248 on: August 29, 2023, 09:26:28 AM »
Nice build! Does anyone know if the fork needs an adapter to use 160mm rotor?

That depends more on the specific brakes you’re using than your frame. With most brake calipers you you can direct mount them to the frame to use them with 140mm rotors and you need an adapter to use 160 or bigger. With others like LTWOO you need an adapter regardless of the rotor size.

abedfo

« Reply #249 on: September 01, 2023, 04:49:19 AM »
I have just recieved a LTK268D/VBR-99 and i am really struggling with routing the full outer FD cable into the grommet on the frame, any tips on how to do this?

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #250 on: September 01, 2023, 10:17:27 AM »
I have just recieved a LTK268D/VBR-99 and i am really struggling with routing the full outer FD cable into the grommet on the frame, any tips on how to do this?

Use one of those routing kits...

On my last build I thought I could just do it with some brake cable I had lying around, but the outer cable kept on hitting the edge of the hole so would not go through. I struggled for 30 min. Than I took my routing kit and it went trough the hole immediately...

patliean1

« Reply #251 on: September 01, 2023, 10:47:20 AM »
Than I took my routing kit and it went trough the hole immediately...

Will try this with my wife tonight. Thanks

zaphodbeeblebrox

« Reply #252 on: September 01, 2023, 03:32:28 PM »
If you have a front derailleur with a cable stop (like 105) you can just dremel out the built in cable guide hole so housing fits through. Much easier to deal with and less fiddly. 

abedfo

« Reply #253 on: September 02, 2023, 09:38:25 AM »
If you have a front derailleur with a cable stop (like 105) you can just dremel out the built in cable guide hole so housing fits through. Much easier to deal with and less fiddly.
This is what i was thinking of doing. Much more watertight aswell I think.

electrolux

« Reply #254 on: September 02, 2023, 11:11:29 AM »
I didnt want to dremel my FD so dremeled some Jagwire cable ends instead, they fitted quite securely and saves 'ruining' your FD.